We are proud of Bidenomics

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

The United States economy grew faster than any other large advanced economy last year — by a wide margin — and is on track to do so again in 2024.
Why it matters: America's outperformance is rooted in its distinctive structural strengths, policy choices, and some luck. It reflects a fundamental resilience in the world's largest economy that is easy to overlook amid the nation's problems.

By the numbers: U.S. GDP looks to have grown 2.5% in 2023, according to the IMF's hot-off-the-presses World Economic Outlook, the highest among the G7 economies (Japan was second at 1.9%).

:dance:

Under Biden we have the most successful economy in the world…even better than China

:dance:
Such a myopic and macro view of the state of the economy. Tell this to average Americans (60%+) who are living paycheck to paycheck, racking up high-interest credit card debt to pay common bills like utilities and groceries, can't be a first time home owner because interest rates are too high, suffering from the crushing, record high inflation rates in 40+ years ... and .. and .. and ..

Yes .. these Americans sure think it's "the most successful economy... ever!" Especially with the biden administration no longer gloating about 'Bidenomics!' :rolleyes:

Such a myopic and macro view of the state of the economy. Tell this to average Americans (60%+) who are living paycheck to paycheck, racking up high-interest credit card debt to pay common bills like utilities and groceries, can't be a first time home owner because interest rates are too high, suffering from the crushing, record high inflation rates in 40+ years ... and .. and .. and ..

Yes .. these Americans sure think it's "the most successful economy... ever!" Especially with the biden administration no longer gloating about 'Bidenomics!' :rolleyes:

Are you finally admitting that wages are too low?

Profits are up, executive salaries are up, corporate taxes are low
Time to pass it down to the workers

“It takes me an hour worth of working and I can’t even buy three pieces of chicken”

Do we need a better example of why our wages are too fucking low?

Blame the employers
I blame Big Chicken, spiking prices like Big Oil and Big Mortgage and Big Electricity and Big everything.

Inflation is Global but MAGAs wouldn`t know that.
Of course

And why is that dolt? Because the WORLD shut down the WORLD economy for COVID, creating shortages which spikes inflation. All countries except Sweden of all places.

And the WOLRD declared war on fossil fuels, which further creates shortages and spikes inflation.

And the WORLD has declared war on farming because fertilizer emits carbon so there are now increased food shortages as farmers are told they can't grow as much.

But no one prints money like the US does, which further exacerbates inflation in the US.

All of these policies the Leftists champion and continue to champion

You dolts have not learned a damn thing.

And I'm sure you all are as well

I don’t know where Republicans shop, but things always cost them more.
These girls have to work an hour to buy three pieces of chicken?

Chicken breasts cost $3.25 a lb. That package weighs about a pound and should cost around $3.50
Even at $7.25 minimum wage, there is NO WAY that package cost over $7.00

Last edited:

Chicken breasts cost $2.50 a lb. That package weighs about a pound and should cost around $3.00
I just bought some for dinner tonight. $2.99 in charlotte. If I grabbed the not on sale free range organic chicken breasts I could have paid $12.99 per lb but i am not an idiot like the person in the video.

Making parmesan crusted baked chicken, roasted new potatoes and green beans. Kid friendly dinner since everyone will be home. Will feed 4 people for about $10.

Chicken breasts cost $3.25 a lb. That package weighs about a pound and should cost around $3.50

3 chicken breasts will weigh more than a lb. and the average price at Kroger is about $5 a lb.

Inflation is still high, and the first quarter GDP report was so stellar that the markets crashed. The economy isn’t strong when 40 percent say they’re poorer than four years ago and credit card debt has shot through the stratosphere. The commercial real estate bubble is primed to burst, and banks must soak up that blow if they can. So, with Trump rising in the polls, Paul Krugman, The New York Times's most vocal liberal economist, went on a tangent about “magical thinking” as there are reports of Trump advisers toying with ideas on how to get a better handle on interest rates and the Federal Reserve should he win. Krugman wrote: “How would Trump respond if things went wrong? Remember, he suggested we look into fighting Covid by injecting disinfectant. Why expect him to be any less inclined to magical thinking in dealing with, say, a new surge in inflation?”

This opened the door for the op-ed writer to be raked over the coals because this man had the gall to declare the war on inflation over. It was a claim so outrageous that even non-conservative outlets mocked him. It’s one of those moments where you wonder how this man is a Nobel laureate. Taibbi did a deep-dive in all the ways Krugman was guilty of “magical thinking” to prop up the Biden presidency, and it’s a line-by-line bruiser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back