We have a cease fire,

So Israel and Hamas have reached a deal for a cease fire the million dollar question what now? I’m sorry but we have seen this movie many times over the years they fight they agree to a cease fire everyone rebuilds and rearms and eventually it starts all over again I see no reason to think it will be any different now.Israel agrees to cease-fire with Hamas militants in Gaza

Yeah, but how long will the cease fire hold that the question. Neither side is that interested in actual peace.
I don't ever remember such an outcry for the Palestinians before, though, in the US and abroad. Not for HAMAS, but the Palestinian people. They are living in misery, and sure they're resenting Israel for it. If Israel wants to keep its support from the US and allies longterm, it needs to think about real negotiations. Maybe Netanyahu doesn't have the right attitude for it. Doubt HAMAS does either. But there is another Palestinian Authority. Maybe it would be wise if the Palestinian people rejected HAMAS, and Israel elected a leader looking for peaceful coexistence. If other countries like Iran attack them, Israel can bomb the shit out of them.

The UN and others are calling what the Israelis are doing apartheid. Less people are saying "Poor Israel."

I know little about this whole thing, just my 2 cents worth.

There's no such person as a "Palestinian" and there is no country named "Palestine."
  1. When was it founded and by whom?
  2. What were its borders?
  3. What was its capital?
  4. What were its major cities?
  5. What constituted the basis of its economy?
  6. What was its form of government?
  7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
  8. Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
  9. What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
  10. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ?
  11. What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.
  12. And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
A Japanese View of the Palestinians
See Post 34

The problem will only disappear when anti-Semitic Islamics and the organizations that represent them stop trying to wipe Israel off the face of the map. That is the stated goal of organizations like Hamas, the PLO, Hezbollah, etc.

And before people start thanking Biden,

EGYPT NEGOTIATED THE CEASEFIRE!
Of course they did. Very smart on the Biden admin part. :p

I see what you did there. Clever. Very clever.
Seriously, Biden announced the ceasefire was coming, he wanted it before Friday....said that yesterday...or day before..?

That simply means imo, we were a part of it, and likely chose Egypt to be the mediator....primarily because we have no contacts of our own to communicate with Hamas....
Do you think it's sensible to refuse to speak to the people you are negotiating with--or in Israel's case, administering? I thought it was dumb we wouldn't speak to North Korea for such a long time either. It's not like USMB where the ignore button actually works.

The US has to work through a third country because they can't talk directly to Hamas.

This is President Joe's doing. He scolded Bibi like a month school girl yesterday and we've got a ceasefire today.

Well done President Biden.

Look at the spectacular mental gymnastics!

Seriously, Biden announced the ceasefire was coming, he wanted it before Friday....said that yesterday...or day before..?

That simply means imo, we were a part of it, and likely chose Egypt to be the mediator....primarily because we have no contacts of our own to communicate with Hamas....

We give Palestinians and their Hamas overlords millions of American taxpayer dollars. Are you seriously saying that we have no contacts of our own to communicate with Hamas??
You are a special kind of Bi-Dung fluffer!!

The US has to work through a third country because they can't talk directly to Hamas.

This is President Joe's doing. He scolded Bibi like a month school girl yesterday and we've got a ceasefire today.

Yeah, President Biden told Netanyahu, "In a phone conversation on Wednesday, President Biden told Mr. Netanyahu that he “expected a significant de-escalation” in hostilities soon."

Enough said.

Do you think it's sensible to refuse to speak to the people you are negotiating with--or in Israel's case, administering? I thought it was dumb we wouldn't speak to North Korea for such a long time either. It's not like USMB where the ignore button actually works.
Honestly, I'm not that knowledgeable in the topic to give a sound answer.... But just in general, I think it's stupid... Though sometimes, I've seen it used as a strategic move... As an offering of sorts....establishing permanent communication freeway with diplomats, or even a strategic move of taking diplomatic communication away.

Lol, it's true whether you want it to be or not.

Sorry for your luck.

Yeah, President Biden told Netanyahu, "In a phone conversation on Wednesday, President Biden told Mr. Netanyahu that he “expected a significant de-escalation” in hostilities soon."

Enough said.

You Bi-Dung fluffer's put the N in the word Naive.

Palestinian 'dune coons' were hurt and calling for a cease-fire going into last weekend.
We'll see how long it lasts.
Very humanistic of Israel to agree to a cease-fire so soon.

Well to be fair, it takes a little time for those Iranian freighters to resupply the Palis with more missile-makings.
That's exactly what's going on. Only the terrorists benefit from a cease fire. Gives them time to import more weapons.

Crush them israel!

Palestinian 'dune coons' were hurt and calling for a cease-fire going into last weekend.
We'll see how long it lasts.
Very humanistic of Israel to agree to a cease-fire so soon.

Well to be fair, it takes a little time for those Iranian freighters to resupply the Palis with more missile-makings.
That's exactly what's going on. Only the terrorists benefit from a cease fire. Gives them time to import more weapons.

Crush them israel!

Put the Hebrew Hammer on their ass.

Lol, it's true whether you want it to be or not.

Sorry for your luck.

It isn't true just because you say it is.

I'll take 'More definitive sources' for $1000, Alex

Bibi wants his (guns) arms deal, Joe told him, how he could keep them.

This isn't so. Enough Dimm's would have voted to give him more funding.
You're right. You don't know Jack-shit about mid-east geopolitics.
So you should just :anj_stfu: !
Oh great! Another one of those vile, mean, grouchy old men!

So you don't think old Joe used the arms deal coming up as a quid pro quo, to get what he wants? Ok.

This would have never happened if our ally, Israel, didn't retaliate against the Hamas terrorist leadership. Hamas is the aggressor here. They deserved what they got. They just don't like that they're getting their ass kicked by a smarter and more righteous opponent.
Yep... looks like the Palis have some "career opportunities" that just opened up for new hires :)

Incoming Hamas missiles in 3...2...1...
I've had the "RED ALERT" app on my phone for a few years. It has a signal tone every time one of the communities gets an incoming missile siren. I've had to mute it for a few nights to get any sleep. The last one was just a couple of hours ago...

He can announce it all he wants to, doesn't mean he played any hand in negotiating it.

Egypt negotiated the cease fire. IMO the US should stay out of it.. We have wasted decades and billions trying to get Israel to do the right thing.

He can announce it all he wants to, doesn't mean he played any hand in negotiating it.

Egypt negotiated the cease fire. IMO the US should stay out of it.. We have wasted decades and billions trying to get Israel to do the right thing.
I doubt we were not behind the scene, we always seem to be, even if not in the spotlight....

But maybe I'm wrong????

Forum List

Back