We peasants must learn to live with fewer things

Not all of em were stupid...sure there were a lot of obvious failures that should have been prevented by the banks..... Know a guy who was given 375K on a $16.75 wage. He lasted less than 6 monthes. There were probably just as many trying to get in before the price went even higher and bought just over their budget hoping to make it work and couldnt.

Last edited:
To a certain degree I think he's right. Why do we need two income families these days?......

Because everyone feels they need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Why do we need all that crap? Is it really worth it when we trade our health, our relationships and our time to get it?
Took the words right out of my mouth
Because our economy is based on the purchasing power of the same people this clown wants to place limits on their purchasing power
Add to this that Bill Gates is now promoting “digital currency” in third-world countries, which will make the poor even more dependent on central banks while also turning them into guinea pigs for the development of a “cashless society” in the U.S. and Europe
Besides who are you to tell someone that they don't. need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Bill Gates Pushes Cashless Society Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind
I'm merely suggesting self-imposed limits.
The rates of foreclosure, repossessions and bankruptcy show Americans' tendency to live beyond their means

Seriously,how stupid do you need to be to buy a house you cant afford?
The dumbing down of America continues...And judging by the last two presidential elections it appears to be dems who are the morons.
Lot of em got pressured into it by their Realtor.......hurry ..hurrry its only going to cost you more.....

With most of the help being from the Lenders.

Its easy to say that everyone who got duped is "stupid". Its harder to convince anyone that stupidity is the case across the board...across the nation all at once.

Something else besides "stupidity" was at play

Not all of were stupid...sure there were a lot of obvious failures that should have been prevented by the banks..... Know a guy who was given 375K on a $16.75 wage. He lasted less than 6 monthes. There were probably just as many trying to get in before the price went even higher and bought just over their budget hoping to make it work and couldnt.

And sadly, it still continues in the name of "fairness".

And all the realtors I've dealt with over the years would never try and push a house you couldn't afford unless you've lied about your income and or dept.
See what I mean about intelligence? Realtors are worried about commissions. As long as you qualify for the loan they could care less if you can afford it. They are paid based of the price of the home.

And you're a complete dumbass if a realtor is capable of convincing you to purchase a home you cant afford.
It's no different than the dumbass who just has to have that fancy car even if he has to pay on it for ten years.
You see that all the time in the hood..a Caddy parked in front of a shack,neither of em paid for.

My Realtor was constantly pushing me to up my budget. Held firm and after looking at literally couple hundred pieces of crap that needed substantial fixes we find find one under the budget and they screwed up.

Because our economy is based on the purchasing power of the same people this clown wants to place limits on their purchasing power
Add to this that Bill Gates is now promoting “digital currency” in third-world countries, which will make the poor even more dependent on central banks while also turning them into guinea pigs for the development of a “cashless society” in the U.S. and Europe
Besides who are you to tell someone that they don't. need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Bill Gates Pushes Cashless Society Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind
The rates of foreclosure, repossessions and bankruptcy show Americans' tendency to live beyond their means

The dumbing down of America continues...And judging by the last two presidential elections it appears to be dems who are the morons.
Lot of em got pressured into it by their Realtor.......hurry ..hurrry its only going to cost you more.....

Its easy to say that everyone who got duped is "stupid". Its harder to convince anyone that stupidity is the case across the board...across the nation all at once.

Yes, greed on both sides of the ball... greedy lenders, greedy realtors and greedy people who wanted that which they could not afford. It was a perfect storm.

Lack of math skills?

Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...
I wish it were that simple.

Most people are stupid, and want to part with their money ASAP.

Rich just have to lay back and receive it.

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.

I agree

If we gave everyone a million dollars the rich would figure out a way to steal it

They always have

Last edited:
Billionaire Jeff Greene who made his fortune betting against sub-prime mortgage securities said: 'America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted'. This coming from a guy who owns a 53,000 sq ft Beverly Hills mansion and flew his family and nannies to Davos in his private jet. He sounds like some kind of free market hero - really one of the producers.

Americans need to have less things in life says billionaire Jeff Greene Daily Mail Online

Sounds like an Obama supporter

Not all of were stupid...sure there were a lot of obvious failures that should have been prevented by the banks..... Know a guy who was given 375K on a $16.75 wage. He lasted less than 6 monthes. There were probably just as many trying to get in before the price went even higher and bought just over their budget hoping to make it work and couldnt.
It was a unregulated racket where the people involved were making money hand over fist without regard to the ability of the consumers to actually be able to afford the home. Creative financing in the form of balloon payments were the rage. I cant count how many realtors and lenders tried to push the balloon payment angle with the promise of being able to refinance after a year and before the balloon became due.

Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.

I agree

If we game everyone a million dollars the rich would figure out a way to steal it

They always have

Man, you have the biggest victim mentality I have ever seen. Must suck.

I agree

If we game everyone a million dollars the rich would figure out a way to steal it

They always have
They don't have to steal it, idiots piss it away.

All the resentment toward the rich is because they have the ambition to do what it takes to collect what the idiot class pisses away.

But, you know all this anyway.

I agree

They always have

I refuse to be a victim.

I control my destiny, always have.

And all the realtors I've dealt with over the years would never try and push a house you couldn't afford unless you've lied about your income and or dept.
See what I mean about intelligence? Realtors are worried about commissions. As long as you qualify for the loan they could care less if you can afford it. They are paid based of the price of the home.

And you're a complete dumbass if a realtor is capable of convincing you to purchase a home you cant afford.
It's no different than the dumbass who just has to have that fancy car even if he has to pay on it for ten years.
You see that all the time in the hood..a Caddy parked in front of a shack,neither of em paid for.
That has nothing to do with your claim that a realtor would never try to get you to buy more house than you could afford does it? Why would you say something so idiotic?

Yes, greed on both sides of the ball... greedy lenders, greedy realtors and greedy people who wanted that which they could not afford. It was a perfect storm.

None of which "should" cause someone to buy more than they can afford.
If you allow yourself to be taken by slick bankers and your own lack of self control you deserve what you get.
It's all about personal responsibility,something that is unfortunately lacking these days.

I agree

They always have

I refuse to be a victim.

I control my destiny, always have.

I think we all do, for the most part. Unfortunately it isn't taught to many children these days... self-reliance seems to be as outdated as ice wagons.

Oh its regu
It was a unregulated racket where the people involved were making money hand over fist without regard to the ability of the consumers to actually be able to afford the home. Creative financing in the form of balloon payments were the rage. I cant count how many realtors and lenders tried to push the balloon payment angle with the promise of being able to refinance after a year and before the balloon became due.
Not that it wasnt regulated....laws simply werent enforced. Tried filing charges against my Realtor at county level.....tried to get State Commerce Dept to take action.........nothing.

If you allow yourself to be taken by slick bankers and your own lack of self control you deserve what you get.
It's all about personal responsibility,something that is unfortunately lacking these days.

What kind of idiot goes house hunting without knowing what he can afford?

I agree

They always have

How exactly would they do that?
I could see the government doing it in the form of taxes,but no one has the power to make you spend money.

Oh, I agree... most of these people knew damn well it was a house of cards. I know people who bragged about buying homes the knew they couldn't afford saying that if it didn't work out, they'd just walk away.

Forum List

Back