We peasants must learn to live with fewer things

I'm merely suggesting self-imposed limits.
The rates of foreclosure, repossessions and bankruptcy show Americans' tendency to live beyond their means

Seriously,how stupid do you need to be to buy a house you cant afford?
The dumbing down of America continues...And judging by the last two presidential elections it appears to be dems who are the morons.
Lot of em got pressured into it by their Realtor.......hurry ..hurrry its only going to cost you more.....

With most of the help being from the Lenders.

Its easy to say that everyone who got duped is "stupid". Its harder to convince anyone that stupidity is the case across the board...across the nation all at once.

Something else besides "stupidity" was at play

Yes, greed on both sides of the ball... greedy lenders, greedy realtors and greedy people who wanted that which they could not afford. It was a perfect storm.

None of which "should" cause someone to buy more than they can afford.
If you allow yourself to be taken by slick bankers and your own lack of self control you deserve what you get.
It's all about personal responsibility,something that is unfortunately lacking these days.
Its obvious you are too dull to understand that if someone tells you that your payments are going to be less than what you rent for and you will be able to refinance after a year to keep the payments low then its not a lack of self control. Its simply a lack of knowledge regarding how the banking industry works.

Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...
I wish it were that simple.

Most people are stupid, and want to part with their money ASAP.

Rich just have to lay back and receive it.

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.

I agree

If we game everyone a million dollars the rich would figure out a way to steal it

They always have

How exactly would they do that?
I could see the government doing it in the form of taxes,but no one has the power to make you spend money.

He lives in a worls where nothing is your fault. The bogey man made you do it. His life must be a mess.

Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...
I wish it were that simple.

Most people are stupid, and want to part with their money ASAP.

Rich just have to lay back and receive it.

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.

I agree

If we game everyone a million dollars the rich would figure out a way to steal it

They always have

Man, you have the biggest victim mentality I have ever seen. Must suck.

I refuse to be a victim.

I control my destiny, always have.

I think we all do, for the most part. Unfortunately it isn't taught to many children these days... self-reliance seems to be as outdated as ice wagons.
All my kids were grown men on their own by 18.

Not that I haven't been generous when I had stuff, and helpful when I could be.

But, they never COUNTED on me, they made their own way in life.

The dumbing down of America continues...And judging by the last two presidential elections it appears to be dems who are the morons.
Lot of em got pressured into it by their Realtor.......hurry ..hurrry its only going to cost you more.....

Its easy to say that everyone who got duped is "stupid". Its harder to convince anyone that stupidity is the case across the board...across the nation all at once.

Yes, greed on both sides of the ball... greedy lenders, greedy realtors and greedy people who wanted that which they could not afford. It was a perfect storm.

If you allow yourself to be taken by slick bankers and your own lack of self control you deserve what you get.
It's all about personal responsibility,something that is unfortunately lacking these days.
Its obvious you are too dull to understand that if someone tells you that your payments are going to be less than what you rent for and you will be able to refinance after a year to keep the payments low then its not a lack of self control. Its simply a lack of knowledge regarding how the banking industry works.

Perhaps they should have looked into it before they signed on the dotted line like, ten times in an average mortgage contract.

Your analogy is too simplistic. Try another avenue.
Why would this man need to feed off the trouble of others to become a hoarder?

To a certain degree I think he's right. Why do we need two income families these days?......

Because everyone feels they need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Why do we need all that crap? Is it really worth it when we trade our health, our relationships and our time to get it?
The analogy is spot on. This guy bet on Americans over indulging. He is now a billionaire. I think he knows what he is talking about.

I've always wondered how liberals can make the claim that they are more intelligent than Republicans yet they rail against the rich Republicans all the time.
If they're so damn stupid how is it that they are all rich according to democrats?

lol, It's head shaking isn't it? :dunno:

Oh, I agree... most of these people knew damn well it was a house of cards. I know people who bragged about buying homes the knew they couldn't afford saying that if it didn't work out, they'd just walk away.

Good portion was the flipping frenzy, trying to make their millions and when the music stopped it blew their dream to bits......... friend tried warning 2 of his relatives they were playing with fire.

Oh, I agree... most of these people knew damn well it was a house of cards. I know people who bragged about buying homes the knew they couldn't afford saying that if it didn't work out, they'd just walk away.
And walk away many did, with all the plumbing and lighting fixtures, the a/c systems, the water heaters, and all the copper wire.

Perhaps they should have looked into it before they signed on the dotted line like, ten times in an average mortgage contract.
Looked into what? How would they know if the banking policies are going to change a year from now or not? They are relying on the people that are giving them the first loan and their knowledge of the industry.

And all the realtors I've dealt with over the years would never try and push a house you couldn't afford unless you've lied about your income and or dept.
See what I mean about intelligence? Realtors are worried about commissions. As long as you qualify for the loan they could care less if you can afford it. They are paid based of the price of the home.

And you're a complete dumbass if a realtor is capable of convincing you to purchase a home you cant afford.
It's no different than the dumbass who just has to have that fancy car even if he has to pay on it for ten years.
You see that all the time in the hood..a Caddy parked in front of a shack,neither of em paid for.
That has nothing to do with your claim that a realtor would never try to get you to buy more house than you could afford does it? Why would you say something so idiotic?

How exactly can a realtor make you buy a house you cant afford?
Thats all on you. And apparently you've been taken by one or you wouldnt be so interested in blaming them.
So just how far underwater are you asslips?

And all the realtors I've dealt with over the years would never try and push a house you couldn't afford unless you've lied about your income and or dept.
See what I mean about intelligence? Realtors are worried about commissions. As long as you qualify for the loan they could care less if you can afford it. They are paid based of the price of the home.

And you're a complete dumbass if a realtor is capable of convincing you to purchase a home you cant afford.
It's no different than the dumbass who just has to have that fancy car even if he has to pay on it for ten years.
You see that all the time in the hood..a Caddy parked in front of a shack,neither of em paid for.
That has nothing to do with your claim that a realtor would never try to get you to buy more house than you could afford does it? Why would you say something so idiotic?

Thats all on you. And apparently you've been taken by one or you wouldnt be so interested in blaming them.
I know far more people who overestimated income to realtors and banks, than banks and realtors that knowingly over loaned to underfunded people.

But, that doesn't fit the politics of victimology.

And walk away many did, with all the plumbing and lighting fixtures, the a/c systems, the water heaters, and all the copper wire.
That created a secondary market where people like me bought up these houses and resold them or kept them as rental property.

Billionaire Jeff Greene who made his fortune betting against sub-prime mortgage securities said: 'America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted'. This coming from a guy who owns a 53,000 sq ft Beverly Hills mansion and flew his family and nannies to Davos in his private jet. He sounds like some kind of free market hero - really one of the producers.

Americans need to have less things in life says billionaire Jeff Greene Daily Mail Online

Sounds like an Obama supporter
I'm sure he figures Obama will suffice but if he had his way, Romney would be in office.

Looked into what? How would they know if the banking policies are going to change a year from now or not? They are relying on the people that are giving them the first loan and their knowledge of the industry.

No, the mortgage contract... terms don't change without caveats in the contract, that' why it is called a contract. Read it BEFOR you sign it.

By telling you along with the lender you can refinance to keep your payments at what you paid for rent? Again why would you say something so stupid like realtors would not try to talk you into buying more house than you could afford?

No, the mortgage contract... terms don't change without caveats in the contract, that' why it is called a contract. Read it BEFOR you sign it.
The mortgage can be refinanced which is what many lenders and realtors were telling people that would not normally be able to afford the homes. I refinanced a couple of homes using this method and kept my costs down and my profits up. Unless you are a real estate attorney the average person has no clue as to what they are signing. Nor can they afford an attorney to do contract review.

I know far more people who overestimated income to realtors and banks, than banks and realtors that knowingly over loaned to underfunded people.

Weren't the bankers supposed to be the adults in the room? I would never load my car keys to my 12 year old son even if he did promise to go to the grocery store for me.

What kind of idiot goes house hunting without knowing what he can afford?

Apparently America is full of idiots....and those who defend them.
There's not a realtor alive who can trump basic math,only fools who let them.

Weren't the bankers supposed to be the adults in the room? I would never load my car keys to my 12 year old son even if he did promise to go to the grocery store for me.

I'd think where serious mortgage money is on the line, there would be adults on both sides of the table.

I don't sympathize with idiots that bit off more than they could chew.

Most would never have gotten loans in the first place were it not for federal pressure.

Let banks determine who they want to lend to, with no government input or backup, and banks will do fine as will qualified borrowers

Because our economy is based on the purchasing power of the same people this clown wants to place limits on their purchasing power
Add to this that Bill Gates is now promoting “digital currency” in third-world countries, which will make the poor even more dependent on central banks while also turning them into guinea pigs for the development of a “cashless society” in the U.S. and Europe
Besides who are you to tell someone that they don't. need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Bill Gates Pushes Cashless Society Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind
I'm merely suggesting self-imposed limits.
The rates of foreclosure, repossessions and bankruptcy show Americans' tendency to live beyond their means

I dont think the people were "greedy" I think they were looking toward a professional for guidance and the professional told them they can get a 200k home for 160k payments. That was actually one of the "talking points" amongst realtors and mortgage officers.

I just dont understand that mentality.

Forum List

Back