We should cut the Federal budget in half and pay off the debt in the next 10 years.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
why would anyone be against this?

Cut the budget 50 cents on the dollar across the board and use the surplus to get us out of debt,

We are Greece by 2030 the way it’s going now, and it’s not some pie in the sky global warming bullshit.

Start with Foreign Aid which Democrat Politicians have been using for Decades to Back Channel and Offshore Taxpayer Dollars in to their own bank accounts!

Cut the budget 50 cents on the dollar across the board and use the surplus to get us out of debt,

We are Greece by 2030 the way it’s going now, and it’s not some pie in the sky global warming bullshit.

Zionists won't allow it. We need to project and protect their interests in the M.E.
That costs hundreds of billions per year.

Step One: Review Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, which describes EVERYTHING that Congress is empowered to spend money on. Notice that there are no "individual" items on the list. No housing subsidies, loan guarantees, no education spending, etc.

ELIMINATE all spending that violates the Tenth Amendment. We are halfway there.

Then, make Social Security separately-funded and self-sustaining. The amount going out MUST equal the amount coming in. That will require "means testing," so that people who already have assets and private pensions will get LESS from Social Security, while those who actually must rely on it will have their benefits remain the same. Believe it or not, the wealthiest segment of the population is retired people. Go to Florida and the resorts along our coasts, and see all the geezers driving high-end luxury cars and SUV's, "vacationing" in their coastal million-dollar condo's. It is insane that they are getting generous SS checks every month; clearly, they don't need that money. (parenthetically, I include myself in that group).

Finally, pass a Constitutional Amendment authorizing a compulsory national healthcare program in which the Federal Government owns all the hospitals, clinics, labs, etc., and directly employs the doctors and other healthcare providers.
Establish a separate Federal Payroll tax to fund healthcare, which will be "free to all." The savings realized by eliminating the billions of dollars in insurance overhead and profiteering will allow healthcare to be funded easily by a modest payroll tax.

In summary, I don't support any of this, and it would implode the economy, but it would balance the budget.

Great, does that mean the Libertarian Party can count on your vote this election, they are the only party of fiscal conservatism.

You sure cannot support something like that and still support Trump.

Why aren’t the board lefties as concerned about our inevitable crash from crushing debt as they are for global warming?

This topic is like kryptonite to lefties.

Lefties, how should we handle the debt crisis?

Why aren’t the board lefties as concerned about our inevitable crash from crushing debt as they are for global warming?

This topic is like kryptonite to lefties.

Lefties, how should we handle the debt crisis?

The same way as the righties....add more debt...that is what both sides do.

Why is it a crisis all of a sudden? Keep on keeping on I say. The economy is roaring keep it going.

Step One: Review Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, which describes EVERYTHING that Congress is empowered to spend money on. Notice that there are no "individual" items on the list. No housing subsidies, loan guarantees, no education spending, etc.

ELIMINATE all spending that violates the Tenth Amendment. We are halfway there.

Then, make Social Security separately-funded and self-sustaining. The amount going out MUST equal the amount coming in. That will require "means testing," so that people who already have assets and private pensions will get LESS from Social Security, while those who actually must rely on it will have their benefits remain the same. Believe it or not, the wealthiest segment of the population is retired people. Go to Florida and the resorts along our coasts, and see all the geezers driving high-end luxury cars and SUV's, "vacationing" in their coastal million-dollar condo's. It is insane that they are getting generous SS checks every month; clearly, they don't need that money. (parenthetically, I include myself in that group).

Finally, pass a Constitutional Amendment authorizing a compulsory national healthcare program in which the Federal Government owns all the hospitals, clinics, labs, etc., and directly employs the doctors and other healthcare providers.
Establish a separate Federal Payroll tax to fund healthcare, which will be "free to all." The savings realized by eliminating the billions of dollars in insurance overhead and profiteering will allow healthcare to be funded easily by a modest payroll tax.

In summary, I don't support any of this, and it would implode the economy, but it would balance the budget.

Here are my recommended fixes to the $23T Debt, the $1T Budget Deficit, and the pending Entitlement bankruptcies:

A. Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit

B. B. Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year off 2019's Budget]
1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

C. To cover the $900b budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
1. Raise the top tax rate about 7% above 2016 levels +$400b
2. Implement a new 3% Fed sales tax +$400b
3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/tax_remittances_can_build_the_wall.html 2% of $140b is +$3b a year

D. Reform/Fix entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:

Why is it a crisis all of a sudden? Keep on keeping on I say. The economy is roaring keep it going.

It has been a crisis since 2010 but none of the DC coxuckers will do anything to fix the problem. See pages 33-35 of this link to see that even with 5% GDP growth, which is NOT sustainable, we don't pay down the Debt or Balance the Budget, which means that the DC coxuckers are throwing Medicare and Social Security under the bus.
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BUDGET-2020-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2020-BUD-24.pdf

Forum List

Back