🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welome to Philadelphia where soda may cost more than beer

Paragraph from the OP link:

>> "Purchases of beer are also now less expensive than nonalcoholic beverages subject to the tax in the city," according to the study, written by Courtney Shupert and Scott Drenkard. "Empirical evidence from a 2012 journal article suggests that soda taxes can push consumers to alcohol, meaning it is likely the case that consumers are switching to alcoholic beverages as a result of the tax. The paper, aptly titled From Coke to Coors, further shows that switching from soda to beer increases total caloric intake, even as soda taxes are generally aimed at caloric reduction."<<​

This thing is just bubbling with fallacies.

First --- "can push consumers to alcohol". Absurd. No one anywhere is forced to buy any liquid beverage at all, so there's no "force". No one anywhere selects a beer over a soda on the basis that "it's cheaper". That's beyond ridiculous.

The intro paragraph commits the same fallacy, whining that the tax "has forced some Philadelphians to drive outside the city to buy groceries". Soda ain't "groceries". It has no nutritional value. And again, nobody is "forced" to do any such thing.

And then there's the title "From Coke to Coors". Why would any sentient human being be interested in drinking either one of that shit? Those that don't have the judgment to aim higher with their "grocery" budget, deserve to get taxed. Call it a stupidity tax. :rolleyes:

Study: Philadelphia Tax Makes Soda More Expensive Than Beer

Who else can make that claim thanks to the soda tax.
Why do Democrats hate people?

"Democrats" are making people drink carbonated sugar water that rots teeth, induces obesity and introduces diabetes? Do tell.
My body my choice.

Not an answer is it?

Btw this tax isn't about anybody's body or what kind of shit they put in it. It's simply to raise revenue. Which kind of product it affects isn't even the point of the tax at all. You can buy all the sugarshit cola you want.

Here's perhaps the most telling part of the whole article --- about the author:

>> Prior to joining the Free Beacon, she worked as a staff writer for CNSNews.com <<​

'nuff said. :eusa_hand:

Study: Philadelphia Tax Makes Soda More Expensive Than Beer

Who else can make that claim thanks to the soda tax.
Why do Democrats hate people?

"Democrats" are making people drink carbonated sugar water that rots teeth, induces obesity and introduces diabetes? Do tell.
My body my choice.

Not an answer is it?

Btw this tax isn't about anybody's body or what kind of shit they put in it. It's simply to raise revenue. Which kind of product it affects isn't even the point of the tax at all. You can buy all the sugarshit cola you want.
Marijuana is a carcinogen.

Why do Democrats hate people.

Marijuana Smoke

Ummmm.....uummmmm we gotta tax the rich somehow always turns into a sucker punch to middle and lower class

Forum List

Back