🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welp.....pretty much knew it was going to happen.

We have burst pipes in the attic.
Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
At least we have plenty of drinking water and pool water to flush the shitter.

What the heck are you doing with pipes in the attic???? IDK, maybe that's a common thing elsewhere, I just know most pipes are under the house around here.

Hopefully there's not too much damage and you can get it all fixed in reasonable time.

It's the way they build in the deep south.
The last time we had a pipe freeze was in 89 so it's pretty rare.

HereWeGoAgain can you get to the break?

I could get to it but with my fucked up hip it would be a painful experience.
Especially having to climb into the attic multiple times.
I'll just let insurance take care of it since the damage is likely to be more than the deductible with the pool plumbing and sprinkler systems.

Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
Pex is your friend. Wont burst.

Replumbing the entire house isn't really an option.
Told the Wife when we build the new place we'll definitely address that issue.

I'll just let insurance take care of it since the damage is likely to be more than the deductible with the pool plumbing and sprinkler systems.
Gotcha.

Thought if it was just a break or two you could shark bite and pex it

Sharkbites just slide on and seal...no brazing copper or glueing pvc.

Last edited:
No big deal.
Like I said,we have insurance for these things.

Are you sure insurance will cover that? When we lived in South Carolina our pipes disintegrated (long story) and leaks began popping up all over the place, ruining part of our flooring. We had to have the entire place replumbed. Insurance wouldn't cover that cost. Cost us $20k

They'll repair the leaks and the damage.

Sorry to hear of your weather-related issues. A pipe between our well and the house busted when I was running the washer. The lake out back is crusted over with ice, and my 3 year bout with allergic nose and throat problems keeps this home from having water. And stores here limit 2 waters per person, which doesn't flush toilets nor provide enough waters for me and House guests who have worse problems than mine. We still had electricity and water when they unpacked suitcases here. There are 5 of them, no children.

So far, so good, though. One guest bought 4 crates of 9 ounce water bottles. So a can of soup we can use with enough water to make it right. Also, the electricity came back around 10 pm last night.

We actually had ice in the pool which is crazy for southeast Texas.
And it's a saltwater pool. There's not much salt but I would think it would inhibit ice formation somewhat.
Hope y'all stay warm. We lost power yesterday at around 10:30 am and it came back on around 2:00 am this morning. I'm just glad we have a good stock of wood,it's, my BBQ wood and I hate to burn it since it costs more than your average logs but at least we had it.

What the heck are you doing with pipes in the attic???? IDK, maybe that's a common thing elsewhere, I just know most pipes are under the house around here.

Hopefully there's not too much damage and you can get it all fixed in reasonable time.

My folks house in Florida has the plumbing in the slab. When a pipe broke, no one knew about it. In eroded the soil under the slab and would have caused a catastrophic expense of cracking the slab if my Father hadn't noticed the increase in the water bill.

So floor or ceiling... there are risks either way.

Gotcha.

Thought if it was just a break or two you could shark bite and pex it

Sharkbites just slide on and seal...no braising copper or glueing pvc.

I have everything I need to braze em I just cant get up in the attic very easily.
A few years back I would have taken care of the plumbing,sprinkler and pool issues myself but these days it's a no go.

We lost power yesterday at around 10:30 am and it came back on around 2:00 am this morning.
Well...that explains why you weren't back on yesterday. Glad everything is...well...not okay...but as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

I've got to go straighten the cellar, move everything to higher ground and make sure the sump pumps are ready for the big melt coming over the weekend.

Glad you're ok.

We lost power yesterday at around 10:30 am and it came back on around 2:00 am this morning.
Well...that explains why you weren't back on yesterday. Glad everything is...well...not okay...but as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

I've got to go straighten the cellar, move everything to higher ground and make sure the sump pumps are ready for the big melt coming over the weekend.

Glad you're ok.

Things were supposed to warm up today and into the weekend but know they're saying we have more ice and snow coming.
Hell,it was supposed to be in the mid 60's Saturday....

May I suggest getting some pipe insulation for future rarities......there are several types. Either tubes, which look like pool noodles, or a special tape.

Glad ya'll are safe

Forum List

Back