🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Welp.....pretty much knew it was going to happen.

well look who got fucked....from texas

No big deal.
Like I said,we have insurance for these things. And as I said it was expected.
And being retired I dont have to worry about taking off work.
And considering this'll only be the second time in 55 years that I've had to deal with broken pipes.....
I bet you're really happy about all those poor blacks and mexicans that cant afford to deal with these type problems.
They know how to fix their own problemos..Just like I do...

well look who got fucked....from texas

No big deal.
Like I said,we have insurance for these things. And as I said it was expected.
And being retired I dont have to worry about taking off work.
And considering this'll only be the second time in 55 years that I've had to deal with broken pipes.....
I bet you're really happy about all those poor blacks and mexicans that cant afford to deal with these type problems.
They know how to fix their own problemos..Just like I do...

Texans yes....

After 2 VERY cold days and one VERY cold night, our power finally came back on, and the wife and I are no longer freezing our asses off in the house (San Antonio). Apparently we still have some wintry shit to come tomorrow night though. I don't need to go this shit again, thank you. And those of you who believe in global warming, you may stick your GW BS up you know where.

Gas and power prices have spiked across the central U.S. while Texas regulators ordered rolling blackouts Monday as an Arctic blast has frozen wind turbines. Herein is the paradox of the left’s climate agenda: The less we use fossil fuels, the more we need them.

A mix of ice and snow swept across the country this weekend as temperatures plunged below zero in the upper Midwest and into the teens in Houston. Cold snaps happen—the U.S. also experienced a Polar Vortex in 2019—as do heat waves. Yet the power grid is becoming less reliable due to growing reliance on wind and solar, which can’t provide power 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

While Texas is normally awash in gas and oil, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which oversees the state’s wholesale power market, urged residents this weekend to conserve power to avoid power outages. Regulators rationed gas for commercial and industrial uses to ensure fuel for power plants and household heating.

Texas’s energy emergency could last all week as the weather is forecast to remain frigid. “My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker said Friday. “We are working already to try and ensure we have enough power but it’s taken a lot of coordination.”

Our prayers are with Texas today, after millions in the Lone Star state have found themselves without power amid freak winter weather. The unusually cold temperatures have led to widespread power outages, in part because windmills and other forms of much-lauded “green” energy froze and failed.

“My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” said Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker.

“Coal and nuclear are the most reliable sources of power,” the Wall Street Journal editorial board argues. “But competition from heavily subsidized wind power and inexpensive natural gas, combined with stricter emissions regulation, has caused coal’s share of Texas’s electricity to plunge by more than half in a decade to 18%.”

“Liberals claim that prices of renewables and fossil fuels are now comparable, which may be true due to subsidies, but they are no free lunch, as this week’s energy emergency shows,” the Journal concludes.

Heat.jpg

After 2 VERY cold days and one VERY cold night, our power finally came back on, and the wife and I are no longer freezing our asses off in the house (San Antonio). Apparently we still have some wintry shit to come tomorrow night though. I don't need to go this shit again, thank you. And those of you who believe in global warming, you may stick your GW BS up you know where.

Gas and power prices have spiked across the central U.S. while Texas regulators ordered rolling blackouts Monday as an Arctic blast has frozen wind turbines. Herein is the paradox of the left’s climate agenda: The less we use fossil fuels, the more we need them.

A mix of ice and snow swept across the country this weekend as temperatures plunged below zero in the upper Midwest and into the teens in Houston. Cold snaps happen—the U.S. also experienced a Polar Vortex in 2019—as do heat waves. Yet the power grid is becoming less reliable due to growing reliance on wind and solar, which can’t provide power 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

While Texas is normally awash in gas and oil, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which oversees the state’s wholesale power market, urged residents this weekend to conserve power to avoid power outages. Regulators rationed gas for commercial and industrial uses to ensure fuel for power plants and household heating.

Texas’s energy emergency could last all week as the weather is forecast to remain frigid. “My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker said Friday. “We are working already to try and ensure we have enough power but it’s taken a lot of coordination.”

Our prayers are with Texas today, after millions in the Lone Star state have found themselves without power amid freak winter weather. The unusually cold temperatures have led to widespread power outages, in part because windmills and other forms of much-lauded “green” energy froze and failed.

“My understanding is, the wind turbines are all frozen,” said Public Utility Commission Chairman DeAnn Walker.

“Coal and nuclear are the most reliable sources of power,” the Wall Street Journal editorial board argues. “But competition from heavily subsidized wind power and inexpensive natural gas, combined with stricter emissions regulation, has caused coal’s share of Texas’s electricity to plunge by more than half in a decade to 18%.”

“Liberals claim that prices of renewables and fossil fuels are now comparable, which may be true due to subsidies, but they are no free lunch, as this week’s energy emergency shows,” the Journal concludes.

View attachment 458043

We didn't lose power.
But we still had the fireplace going using oak and pecan.

We have burst pipes in the attic.
Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
At least we have plenty of drinking water and pool water to flush the shitter.

What the heck are you doing with pipes in the attic???? IDK, maybe that's a common thing elsewhere, I just know most pipes are under the house around here.

Hopefully there's not too much damage and you can get it all fixed in reasonable time.

Waiting to see how the pool plumbing fares. Fully expect some problems there as well.
And as expected you cant get through to a plumber to save your life,thank God for insurance.
Pex is your friend. Wont burst.

And those of you who believe in global warming, you may stick your GW BS up...
Global warming is the cause of this. The warming arctic slowed and destabilized the jet stream. That's what let the arctic air slide that far south.
Gets warmer...global warming...

Gets colder...global warming...

Stays the same...global warming...

No big deal.
Like I said,we have insurance for these things.

Are you sure insurance will cover that? When we lived in South Carolina our pipes disintegrated (long story) and leaks began popping up all over the place, ruining part of our flooring. We had to have the entire place replumbed. Insurance wouldn't cover that cost. Cost us $20k

Millions of Texans were without heat and electricity Monday as snow, ice and frigid temperatures caused a catastrophic failure of the state’s power grid.

The Texas power grid, powered largely by wind and natural gas, is relatively well equipped to handle the state’s hot and humid summers when demand for power soars. But unlike blistering summers, the severe winter weather delivered a crippling blow to power production, cutting supplies as the falling temperatures increased demand.

Natural gas shortages and frozen wind turbines were already curtailing power output when the Arctic blast began knocking generators offline early Monday morning.

Part of the issue this time is the fact that wind plays a much larger role in the state’s grid, providing roughly 23% of the overall power delivery in the state as opposed to just half of that a decade ago. Increases in wind capacity, along with the retirement of several of the state’s fleet of coal plants allowed wind to surpass coal in terms of total deliveries last year, second only to natural gas. Reports are that at least half of the state’s wind turbines have again frozen up in the midst of 3-6 inches of snow and temperatures in the single digits above zero.

But that is far from the only problem at play.

Kinder Morgan KMI +0.6% reported Monday afternoon that it is experiencing capacity constraints at various points along its gas delivery systems. If KMI is having issues, it’s a safe bet other natural gas providers are as well, which in turn will cause power delivery issues for natural gas power providers.

Wonder who was it that was responsible for the increased dependence on wind and natural gas? And the end of the coal-fired plants? You don't suppose the democrats had anything to do with it? And you don't think some of those wealthy individuals were connected to the Democratic Party?

Last edited:

Sorry to hear of your weather-related issues. A pipe between our well and the house busted when I was running the washer. The lake out back is crusted over with ice, and my 3 year bout with allergic nose and throat problems keeps this home from having water. And stores here limit 2 waters per person, which doesn't flush toilets nor provide enough waters for me and House guests who have worse problems than mine. We still had electricity and water when they unpacked suitcases here. There are 5 of them, no children.

So far, so good, though. One guest bought 4 crates of 9 ounce water bottles. So a can of soup we can use with enough water to make it right. Also, the electricity came back around 10 pm last night.

Forum List

Back