Welsh govt to automatically register youngsters so they can vote

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

I absolutely fucking love this country. We ned to encourage people to vote in order to strengthen our democracy.

Of course the conservatives hate this as it casts them into the nether world of pointlessness. Maybe they can use the time to craft some decent policies ? Only joking. That will never happen.

Voting should be as easy as breathing and con policy is that some people should not vote.

Some people aren't interested in voting, how does having public policy being determined by apathetic , low information people "strengthen " any country?

I absolutely fucking love this country. We ned to encourage people to vote in order to strengthen our democracy.

Of course the conservatives hate this as it casts them into the nether world of pointlessness. Maybe they can use the time to craft some decent policies ? Only joking. That will never happen.

Voting should be as easy as breathing and con policy is that some people should not vote.
When someone becomes of age to vote there isn't a problem. You're all set. It's a good idea.

What is going to come of it is "mob rule"...which is disastrous.

Voting is good when left to those whom by prudence and hard work have established themselves in a positive manner in their respective communities. Where providence does play a role in these people's lives the population will exodus when conditions become untenable.

Some people aren't interested in voting, how does having public policy being determined by apathetic , low information people "strengthen " any country?
But when they do become interested it's a no-brainer.

Why is Wales so white? Do you hate black people that much?

_127032195_eleri.jpg.webp

Yes, it sounds like a good idea.

They aren't forcing people to vote though there are good arguments for that. They are making sure they can. For whatever reason a lot of people do not register to vote and so cannot. This allows them to. They can be anyone including the most political. Now all they need is people worth voting for. :)

What is going to come of it is "mob rule"...which is disastrous.

Voting is good when left to those whom by prudence and hard work have established themselves in a positive manner in their respective communities. Where providence does play a role in these people's lives the population will exodus when conditions become untenable.
Increasing the number of people capable of voting will lead to better outcomes.
We are automtically registered to pay taxes so why treat voting any differently ?

Restricting voting to elites is a nonsense.

We are automtically registered to pay taxes so why treat voting any differently ?

Not elites...just reasonable and prudent people who have made themselves a positive member of the community. Huge difference from your mischaracterization and what I was saying.

What we want is a voting group that can filter out the nonsense spouted by corporate focus group approved propaganda and by those that believe that humans are of secondary importance to the environment.

Mob rule is dangerous...

while voting is important (no brainer). The best (wisest) voters on average would be the voters with most life experience.. for all the obvious reasons. Does anyone need to explain this? As for voting by school children, I guess if your looking for volume then thats the way to go and I can see why Liberals who are greatly in control of what these kids believe while they are still in school would go for that. It is exactly what it sounds like.

early voting? why? there is no good reason to push this. Why vote before you have listened to all the debates? Does that make sense to you? The Wales government is obviously trying to solidify their control of the population, thats all this is about. Start them young.

Why would you want to encourage people too stupid or lazy to register on their own to vote?
Not registering to vote does not necessarily have anything to do with being either stupid or lazy. It could be but it is more often people who are just very busy. Other times it may be someone who didn't feel something was important enough for them to vote until it was too late. We have the right to vote with very few exceptions. You want as many people as possible interested in voting. That is the only way you get a democracy. Once enough know enough they start talking and then possibly change.

Not elites...just reasonable and prudent people who have made themselves a positive member of the community. Huge difference from your mischaracterization and what I was saying.

What we want is a voting group that can filter out the nonsense spouted by corporate focus group approved propaganda and by those that believe that humans are of secondary importance to the environment.

Mob rule is dangerous...
Just listen to yourself. You only want people to vote who share your values.That isnt how it works.

while voting is important (no brainer). The best (wisest) voters on average would be the voters with most life experience.. for all the obvious reasons. Does anyone need to explain this? As for voting by school children, I guess if your looking for volume then thats the way to go and I can see why Liberals who are greatly in control of what these kids believe while they are still in school would go for that. It is exactly what it sounds like.

early voting? why? there is no good reason to push this. Why vote before you have listened to all the debates? Does that make sense to you? The Wales government is obviously trying to solidify their control of the population, thats all this is about. Start them young.
Voting beongs to everyone. Cons would be better advised making policy that attracts people rather than tryimg to stop them voting.

Just what you need.

But they are being encouraged to vote- yet not being encouraged to get interested and informed first.

I like the idea of literacy tests for prospective voters. See if they have the right stuff.
Perhaps we cshould stop homophobes voting.

Forum List

Back