Welsh govt to automatically register youngsters so they can vote

Just listen to yourself. You only want people to vote who share your values.That isnt how it works.
I'm very liberal with who should vote...
But seeking out those who can't handle the responsibilities associated with understanding the common good is how we have had and will have more disasters in the making.
Mob rule allows for emotionalism to be the ruling party...not clear minded individuals.

I absolutely fucking love this country. We ned to encourage people to vote in order to strengthen our democracy.

Of course the conservatives hate this as it casts them into the nether world of pointlessness. Maybe they can use the time to craft some decent policies ? Only joking. That will never happen.

Voting should be as easy as breathing and con policy is that some people should not vote.
Does Wales have a bunch of illegal aliens flooding in from the South?

No?

Then, shut it.

But seeking out those who can't handle the responsibilities associated with understanding the common good is how we have had and will have more disasters in the making.
Mob rule allows for emotionalism to be the ruling party...not clear minded individuals.
Mate, you have already outlined who you want to vote on this very thread.

Well you are a Republic not a Democracy. We are a Democracy. Everyone has an equal voice in a Democracy and that is shown by the vote which everyone has. Your voice counts for no more than anyone else's. The rule of the mob stuff is dealt with in Democracies by the Government having a responsibility to make sure that the mob does not go after minorities.

Its absurd to exclude different groups from the democratic process. That is the conservative stance on this thread.
You can't remain a democracy if you do that. Very few people do not have the right to vote here, mainly people who are in jail. I know I have heard people saying they should have the vote as well.

I am open minded about that. Johnsons premiership has exposed hge gaps in how we are protected from the state.
Something needs to be done.
A written constitution was something John Smith felt was necessary for UK Democracy. Blair was supposed to see to this when he died but obviously he didn't. He pretty much deliberately sold our democracy to corporate power.

How are Welsh language skills for young people these days?

Forum List

Back