Zone1 Were Dragons Real?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Does this actually mean that science (that changes with a drop of a hat) is wrong and dinosaurs were actually on the ark?

Does this actually mean that science (that changes with a drop of a hat) is wrong and dinosaurs were actually on the ark?

I don't think so. I have always taken the ark story as a metaphorical explanation of how all the creatures and humans escaped the great flood as well as a metaphorical explanation of how sin entered the world in individuals (Adam and Eve), spread to family (Cain) and then to the community (Noah) and finally into the whole world (The Tower of Babel.)

(Disclaimer: This is my own personal theology and I fully respect and accept those who believe those were literal people and events as the Bible presents it.)

As for dragons, the gentleman in the video's theory is as good as anybody else's. There is a profound human capacity for imagination, creative thinking, fascination with fiction that is often so much more interesting than everyday fact, and I can believe it existed in Biblical times as much as it does now.

As to what was the inspiration for the mythical dragons, who knows? But I agree with the guy that the lore of dragons is too widespread and imbedded in too many traditions for it to likely have a single source. Fun to think about.

There were winged dinosaurs. And the people of the time, and before, would have found the fossils of these giant creature. I believe that is where th dragon lore started.

No evidence they breathed fire, but they were giant flying reptiles.

and you bash k9buck for unfounded religious threads .....is this based on scripture? if so please quote it?

Yes, the man in the video pointed it out. Whether or not his interpretation is correct is the question.

There were winged dinosaurs. And the people of the time, and before, would have found the fossils of these giant creature. I believe that is where th dragon lore started.

No evidence they breathed fire, but they were giant flying reptiles.
So it is.

Forum List

Back