We're Getting Married!

The issue of gay marriage is rapidly ceasing to be a 'problem'. As its increasingly legal everywhere. 36 of 50 States. We're 14 away from the resolution of conflict on the issue.

It's a "problem" in your head only. Who cares if gays call themselves "married?"

no one, but it sets a very dangerous precedent. If two men or two women are allowed to marry because it would discriminate against them to not allow it, then the exact same argument will be made for multiple person marriages. "why should they be prevented for marrying who they love and being able to live as they choose?"

its the next logical step, if you are OK with all forms of human co-habitation being called marriage, then fine. But get ready for a complete collapse of civilization.

How is "marriage" going to collapse society? I mean don't get me wrong I think society IS collapsing, but not because of this.

a society where anything goes will not survive. History proves that. Ever study any world history?

If gay marriage so inevitably leads to 'anything goes', then by all means show us a country where gay marriage and polygamy are both legal.

If your claims are valid, it should be remarkably easy. If you're talking out of your ass.....it might be a bit harder.

LOL , there certainly ARE countries which make both legal.

It's a "problem" in your head only. Who cares if gays call themselves "married?"

no one, but it sets a very dangerous precedent. If two men or two women are allowed to marry because it would discriminate against them to not allow it, then the exact same argument will be made for multiple person marriages. "why should they be prevented for marrying who they love and being able to live as they choose?"

its the next logical step, if you are OK with all forms of human co-habitation being called marriage, then fine. But get ready for a complete collapse of civilization.

How is "marriage" going to collapse society? I mean don't get me wrong I think society IS collapsing, but not because of this.

a society where anything goes will not survive. History proves that. Ever study any world history?

If gay marriage so inevitably leads to 'anything goes', then by all means show us a country where gay marriage and polygamy are both legal.

If your claims are valid, it should be remarkably easy. If you're talking out of your ass.....it might be a bit harder.

Such as? And by 'legal', I mean legally recognized. Not a lack of criminalization.

Some of you need to grow up, or at least shut up.

This country has serious problems

Gay "marriage" isn't one of them.

The issue of gay marriage is rapidly ceasing to be a 'problem'. As its increasingly legal everywhere. 36 of 50 States. We're 14 away from the resolution of conflict on the issue.

and I guarantee that the next push from the left will be to legalize multiple person marriage, sibling marriage, and all other forms of "marriage".

It will come, do not doubt me.

If you're so sure that polygamists people who engage in incest have the right to marry, they have it regardless of marriage equality for gays.

Name the countries that perform both same sex and polygamist marriages since there absolutely MUST be a slippery slope.

Ya know, the funny thing is the muslim countries allow polygamy but kill gays, while we tolerage homosexuality and ban polygamy.

Every culture has to set its own rules of human behavior based on religion or what the majority believes is right and wrong.

If this country sanctions gay marriage, thats OK with me, but it should be based on the will of a majority of the citizens, not a vocal minority.

I also believe that it would set a precedent such that we would not legally be able to block polygamous marriages in the future. If thats the way the country wants to go, OK. But lets let the people vote.

So no country is that right, Fishy? Not a single country that has legalize polygamy also has legalized same sex marriages and vice versa? Quite the "slippery slope" you found there...

Civil rights should never be decided by majority vote...here's why:

marriage.png

thats some funny shit. civil rights are always established by majority vote. a majority vote ratified the constitution, a majority vote passed the civil rights law, majority votes elect our representatives, majority votes in congress pass our laws.

the danger exists when minorities control the majority.

Son, gay marriage, or sibling marriage isnt the same thing as "anything goes"

And if YOU had read any world history , you would know that as a rule democratic governments don't usually last as long as we have anyway.

true, but when a society loses its moral compass, it will quickly collapse.

as to referring to me as 'son'. I am quite sure that my age, accomplishments, intellect, and financial status are such that I should be calling you 'sonny boy'. But instead I will simply say-----------grow the fuck up and start acting like an adult.

Calling you "son" has no bearing on me needing to "grow up" you idiot, it's merely a reflection of a local dialect that I seem to be cursed with lol.

As for your intellect, well I need not comment on that, your posts do quite nicely.

as to referring to me as 'son'. I am quite sure that my age, accomplishments, intellect, and financial status are such that I should be calling you 'sonny boy'. But instead I will simply say-----------grow the fuck up and start acting like an adult.

The US has a moral compass?

Jeez. Let's try 50% divorce rate. A gun crime rate that is shocking. Invaded Iraq for oil, bombed Libya for oil, ousted a democratically elected president in Venezuela claiming it was promoting democracy in the country, for oil, puts sanctions against Iran, for oil, claims to be the world's police force but only ever acts when oil is threatened. Treats poor people like dirt.

The moral compass went wrong a long time ago.

Oh, read my signature. You said if people supported something, you'd accept it. Oh, you backtracked on that one, now you're just saying that the moral compass (seemingly as you've set it) should stay the same forever.

Yeah, right, imagine in 1750, what was the moral compass like in the Americas? If it had still been kept the same, well you might just be a slave owner.

look up the word 'analogy', then you might understand my point. but probably not.

Fishy attempts a deflection...fails.

If opposition to interracial marriage isn't racism and bigotry, what is it?

opposition to interracial marriage wrong and racist, it had nothing to do with same sex marriage.

are you now claiming that homosexuality is a race?

No and I never have, but you made the claim that opposition to same sex marriage wasn't anti gay bigotry. It is...just as opposition to interracial marriage is also bigotry. Fine company...

continuing to repeat a lie does not convert it to truth. race and homosexuality are not analogous, no matter how many times you try to make that claim.

The bigotry and discrimination is...no matter how much you try to deny the parallels.

being opposed to gay marriage on religious, moral, or biological grounds is neither bigotry or discrimination.

Such as? And by 'legal', I mean legally recognized. Not a lack of criminalization.

South Africa for one

there are a few others

Legal status of polygamy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The 'collapse of civilization'? Sigh...will someone get Redfish his fainting couch and a tissue for that running mascara?

not a problem, I won't be around to see it. But our kids and grandkids will and that concerns me.

if you think an "anything-goes" society is good, I suggest you study ancient Rome.

Or......you have no idea what you're talking about, Chicken Little. You're offering us catastrophic predictions of future doom unless we do exactly what you want. All while failing to provide a valid reason why we would deny gays and lesbians the right to marry.

Unprovable predictions of doom aren't really a good indication of a valid argument. And are in fact the 'slippery slope' fallacy. A classic fallacy of logic.

And of course, there are many countries that have legalized gay marriage. If it leads to 'anything goes' as you have claimed, where then is it? Don't tell me......its off in the unprovably distant future, backed by nothing but your ability to type it?

The US has a moral compass?

Jeez. Let's try 50% divorce rate. A gun crime rate that is shocking. Invaded Iraq for oil, bombed Libya for oil, ousted a democratically elected president in Venezuela claiming it was promoting democracy in the country, for oil, puts sanctions against Iran, for oil, claims to be the world's police force but only ever acts when oil is threatened. Treats poor people like dirt.

The moral compass went wrong a long time ago.

Oh, read my signature. You said if people supported something, you'd accept it. Oh, you backtracked on that one, now you're just saying that the moral compass (seemingly as you've set it) should stay the same forever.

Yeah, right, imagine in 1750, what was the moral compass like in the Americas? If it had still been kept the same, well you might just be a slave owner.

yes, it did and our society is falling apart as a result.

Fishy attempts a deflection...fails.

If opposition to interracial marriage isn't racism and bigotry, what is it?

opposition to interracial marriage wrong and racist, it had nothing to do with same sex marriage.

No and I never have, but you made the claim that opposition to same sex marriage wasn't anti gay bigotry. It is...just as opposition to interracial marriage is also bigotry. Fine company...

continuing to repeat a lie does not convert it to truth. race and homosexuality are not analogous, no matter how many times you try to make that claim.

The bigotry and discrimination is...no matter how much you try to deny the parallels.

being opposed to gay marriage on religious, moral, or biological grounds is neither bigotry or discrimination.

Why? What about religion, moral or biological grounds makes opposition void of bigotry? As the use of all three of those bases in opposition to interracial marriage demonstrate, its entirely possible to be both devout and bigoted.

The 'collapse of civilization'? Sigh...will someone get Redfish his fainting couch and a tissue for that running mascara?

not a problem, I won't be around to see it. But our kids and grandkids will and that concerns me.

if you think an "anything-goes" society is good, I suggest you study ancient Rome.

Or......you have no idea what you're talking about, Chicken Little. You're offering us catastrophic predictions of future doom unless we do exactly what you want. All while failing to provide a valid reason why we would deny gays and lesbians the right to marry.

Unprovable predictions of doom aren't really a good indication of a valid argument. And are in fact the 'slippery slope' fallacy. A classic fallacy of logic.

And of course, there are many countries that have legalized gay marriage. If it leads to 'anything goes' as you have claimed, where then is it? Don't tell me......its off in the unprovably distant future, backed by nothing but your ability to type it?

spend a few days in Amstersdam.

thats some funny shit. civil rights are always established by majority vote. a majority vote ratified the constitution, a majority vote passed the civil rights law, majority votes elect our representatives, majority votes in congress pass our laws.

Oh, you're still wiling away with this decrepit argument?

Firstly it was a majority vote. It wasn't the majority will of the people.

Brown v. Board of education which ended segregation was NOT based on a majority vote in congress, but in the Supreme Court. The ending of slavery was done by the president.

But you're just digging a hole for yourself.

If gay marriage is implemented it will either be by the legislature, elected by the people somehow in a vote by some people in the legislature, or by the executive, elected by the people, or the judiciary which is chosen by the people who are elected.

It's all, sort of, democratic. So, you'd have to support gay marriage with this argument.

Why? What about religion, moral or biological grounds makes opposition void of bigotry? As the use of all three of those bases in opposition to interracial marriage demonstrate, its entirely possible to be both devout and bigoted.

so you want a country that does not allow each person to have his or her personal beliefs? you want an Orwellian society where thoughts are controlled?

this issue is much bigger than gay marriage

yes, it did and our society is falling apart as a result.

When did this moral compass exist? When slavery existed? When segregation existed? When genocide against the Native peoples was taking place? When the govt was bombing the hell out of people for resources? When the govt was removing foreign leaders it did not like?

When exactly was there a moral compass?

I have. Would you like to compare the Netherlands to a country that universally opposes gay marriage and homosexuality....like Russia on say, education, crime rates, life span, and the like?

If your claims are valid, Holland should be in a state of free fall, while Russia should be rock solid. Lets test that, shall we?

so you want a country that does not allow each person to have his or her personal beliefs? you want an Orwellian society where thoughts are controlled?

You don't want a country where any two consenting adults who do no harm to anyone can't get married? You want an Orwellian society where the govt is in EVERY BEDROOM?

Brown v. Board of education which ended segregation was NOT based on a majority vote in congress, but in the Supreme Court. The ending of slavery was done by the president.

If gay marriage is implemented it will either be by the legislature, elected by the people somehow in a vote by some people in the legislature, or by the executive, elected by the people, or the judiciary which is chosen by the people who are elected.

It's all, sort of, democratic. So, you'd have to support gay marriage with this argument.

I already said that I would. I just want all voices to be heard.

LOL slavery was NOT ended by the President sir, it was ended by Constitutional Amendment

You can have your own beliefs. And those beliefs can be bigoted. They're not mutually exclusive.

So....tell us why a religious, moral or biological basis for an argument *can't* be bigoted? In all of your hysterics over the 'collapse of civilization' and 'Orwellian societies' you forgot to answer the question.

I have. Would you like to compare the Netherlands to a country that universally opposes gay marriage and homosexuality....like Russia on say, education, crime rates, life span, and the like?

If your claims are valid, Holland should be in a state of free fall, while Russia should be rock solid. Lets test that, shall we?

Russsian society is pretty stable. their governement is not

Forum List

Back