We're Getting Married!

thats some funny shit. civil rights are always established by majority vote. a majority vote ratified the constitution, a majority vote passed the civil rights law, majority votes elect our representatives, majority votes in congress pass our laws.

the danger exists when minorities control the majority.

Oh, you're still wiling away with this decrepit argument?

Firstly it was a majority vote. It wasn't the majority will of the people.

Brown v. Board of education which ended segregation was NOT based on a majority vote in congress, but in the Supreme Court. The ending of slavery was done by the president.

But you're just digging a hole for yourself.

If gay marriage is implemented it will either be by the legislature, elected by the people somehow in a vote by some people in the legislature, or by the executive, elected by the people, or the judiciary which is chosen by the people who are elected.

It's all, sort of, democratic. So, you'd have to support gay marriage with this argument.

I already said that I would. I just want all voices to be heard.

Really? The amount of to-ing and fro-ing from you is incredible, tomorrow it'll be another story. So you'd let this supposed moral compass disappear if the will of the people says that the moral compass is plain wrong?

no one, but it sets a very dangerous precedent. If two men or two women are allowed to marry because it would discriminate against them to not allow it, then the exact same argument will be made for multiple person marriages. "why should they be prevented for marrying who they love and being able to live as they choose?"

its the next logical step, if you are OK with all forms of human co-habitation being called marriage, then fine. But get ready for a complete collapse of civilization.

How is "marriage" going to collapse society? I mean don't get me wrong I think society IS collapsing, but not because of this.

The 'collapse of civilization'? Sigh...will someone get Redfish his fainting couch and a tissue for that running mascara?

not a problem, I won't be around to see it. But our kids and grandkids will and that concerns me.

if you think an "anything-goes" society is good, I suggest you study ancient Rome.

Or......you have no idea what you're talking about, Chicken Little. You're offering us catastrophic predictions of future doom unless we do exactly what you want. All while failing to provide a valid reason why we would deny gays and lesbians the right to marry.

Unprovable predictions of doom aren't really a good indication of a valid argument. And are in fact the 'slippery slope' fallacy. A classic fallacy of logic.

And of course, there are many countries that have legalized gay marriage. If it leads to 'anything goes' as you have claimed, where then is it? Don't tell me......its off in the unprovably distant future, backed by nothing but your ability to type it?

spend a few days in Amstersdam.

Polygamy is illegal in the Netherlands...

continuing to repeat a lie does not convert it to truth. race and homosexuality are not analogous, no matter how many times you try to make that claim.

The bigotry and discrimination is...no matter how much you try to deny the parallels.

being opposed to gay marriage on religious, moral, or biological grounds is neither bigotry or discrimination.

Why? What about religion, moral or biological grounds makes opposition void of bigotry? As the use of all three of those bases in opposition to interracial marriage demonstrate, its entirely possible to be both devout and bigoted.

so you want a country that does not allow each person to have his or her personal beliefs? you want an Orwellian society where thoughts are controlled?

this issue is much bigger than gay marriage

You can have your own beliefs. And those beliefs can be bigoted. They're not mutually exclusive.

So....tell us why a religious, moral or biological basis for an argument *can't* be bigoted? In all of your hysterics over the 'collapse of civilization' and 'Orwellian societies' you forgot to answer the question.

bigotry is in the mind of the beholder. its is not a universal absolute.

The 'collapse of civilization'? Sigh...will someone get Redfish his fainting couch and a tissue for that running mascara?

not a problem, I won't be around to see it. But our kids and grandkids will and that concerns me.

if you think an "anything-goes" society is good, I suggest you study ancient Rome.

Or......you have no idea what you're talking about, Chicken Little. You're offering us catastrophic predictions of future doom unless we do exactly what you want. All while failing to provide a valid reason why we would deny gays and lesbians the right to marry.

Unprovable predictions of doom aren't really a good indication of a valid argument. And are in fact the 'slippery slope' fallacy. A classic fallacy of logic.

And of course, there are many countries that have legalized gay marriage. If it leads to 'anything goes' as you have claimed, where then is it? Don't tell me......its off in the unprovably distant future, backed by nothing but your ability to type it?

I have. Would you like to compare the Netherlands to a country that universally opposes gay marriage and homosexuality....like Russia on say, education, crime rates, life span, and the like?

If your claims are valid, Holland should be in a state of free fall, while Russia should be rock solid. Lets test that, shall we?

Russsian society is pretty stable. their governement is not

Wanna compare lifespans? Education levels? Incomes? You know, the metrics of society?

The collapsing den of iniquity of the Netherlands vs the paragon of gay opposition and social stability of Russia. If your claims are valid, the results should be starkly in your favor. If you're completely talking out of your ass, perhaps not.

Shall we compare them?

The bigotry and discrimination is...no matter how much you try to deny the parallels.

being opposed to gay marriage on religious, moral, or biological grounds is neither bigotry or discrimination.

Why? What about religion, moral or biological grounds makes opposition void of bigotry? As the use of all three of those bases in opposition to interracial marriage demonstrate, its entirely possible to be both devout and bigoted.

so you want a country that does not allow each person to have his or her personal beliefs? you want an Orwellian society where thoughts are controlled?

You can have your own beliefs. And those beliefs can be bigoted. They're not mutually exclusive.

So....tell us why a religious, moral or biological basis for an argument *can't* be bigoted? In all of your hysterics over the 'collapse of civilization' and 'Orwellian societies' you forgot to answer the question.

Then explain why religion, moral and biological bases would render an argument immune to bigotry. Because your statement of how a religiously, morally or biologically based argument couldn't be bigoted sounded pretty universal.

And when you're ready to try to explain what relevance human biology has to a valid marriage, I'd be happy to start disassembling that misconception for you too.

I have. Would you like to compare the Netherlands to a country that universally opposes gay marriage and homosexuality....like Russia on say, education, crime rates, life span, and the like?

If your claims are valid, Holland should be in a state of free fall, while Russia should be rock solid. Lets test that, shall we?

Wanna compare lifespans? Education levels? Incomes? You know, the metrics of society?

The collapsing den of iniquity of the Netherlands vs the paragon of gay opposition and social stability of Russia. If your claims are valid, the results should be starkly in your favor. If you're completely talking out of your ass, perhaps not.

Shall we compare them?

sure, go ahead. I have been to both

A lot of stability in the racism too.

Russia is not racist. But Nigeria is.

Oh, Russia is racist.

BBC Sport - Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

"Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded"

Black players attacked by racists is reality of football in Russia - Mirror Online

"Black players attacked by racists is reality of football in Russia"

Russia MP criticised for Obama banana picture - Europe - Al Jazeera English

"Duma member Irina Rodnina slammed as racist for posting picture on Twitter of US president and wife looking at banana."

One Of The Most Blatant Racist Photo Shoots We ve Ever Seen

"One Of The Most Blatant Racist Photo Shoots We've Ever Seen"

Oh, I could go on all day.

LOL slavery was NOT ended by the President sir, it was ended by Constitutional Amendment

I was referring to the Emancipation Proclamation.

Which had zero to do with ending slavery

Which isn't the topic of this thread. The point being that many things have happened that aren't done by a vote. Unless of course you think the president has a vote of one.

He did make a proclamation and an executive order that freed all slaves in certain states which were known for slavery.

Then explain why religion, moral and biological bases would render an argument immune to bigotry. Because your statement of how a religiously, morally or biologically based argument couldn't be bigoted sounded pretty universal.

And when you're ready to try to explain what relevance human biology has to a valid marriage, I'd be happy to start disassembling that misconception for you too.

before we start please go to your local library and check out a biology 101 text and read the chapter on reproduction in mammals. Yes, not all marriages result in conception, but thats not the point.

Human beings were not designed for penis/anus sex or two females fingering each other.

Lets face reality here, this is about aberant homosexual sexual activity.

The gay agenda is not about equality, discrimination, or "fairness". its about using the government to force societal acceptance of an abnormal lifestyle that a vast majority of human beings in the world find morally wrong.

before we start please go to your local library and check out a biology 101 text and read the chapter on reproduction in mammals. Yes, not all marriages result in conception, but thats not the point.

Human beings were not designed for penis/anus sex or two females fingering each other.

The gay agenda is not about equality, discrimination, or "fairness". its about using the government to force societal acceptance of an abnormal lifestyle that a vast majority of human beings in the world find morally wrong.

Does this book say you have to be married to reproduce?

Does it say anything about the overpopulation of the world by humans?

LOL slavery was NOT ended by the President sir, it was ended by Constitutional Amendment

I was referring to the Emancipation Proclamation.

Which had zero to do with ending slavery

Which isn't the topic of this thread. The point being that many things have happened that aren't done by a vote. Unless of course you think the president has a vote of one.

He did make a proclamation and an executive order that freed all slaves in certain states which were known for slavery.

correct, he freed certain slaves, he did not end slavery. Details matter in a discussion, don't they?

A lot of stability in the racism too.

Russia is not racist. But Nigeria is.

Oh, Russia is racist.

BBC Sport - Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

"Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded"

Black players attacked by racists is reality of football in Russia - Mirror Online

"Black players attacked by racists is reality of football in Russia"

Russia MP criticised for Obama banana picture - Europe - Al Jazeera English

"Duma member Irina Rodnina slammed as racist for posting picture on Twitter of US president and wife looking at banana."

One Of The Most Blatant Racist Photo Shoots We ve Ever Seen

"One Of The Most Blatant Racist Photo Shoots We've Ever Seen"

Oh, I could go on all day.

lets just focus on the first one you quoted--------------when did gay become a race?

Does this book say you have to be married to reproduce?

Does it say anything about the overpopulation of the world by humans?

of course not, marriage is a societal creation for the protection and upbringing of children.

yes, overpopulation is a real problem. I wish you libs would focus on that rather than gay marriage and the global warming hoax.

Forum List

Back