Wesley Goodman resigns

Ohio Lawmaker Who Backed Family Values Resigns Over ‘Inappropriate Behavior’

A GOP Congressman has resigned from office after admitting he had a consensual gay affair while in office. This happened after he ran against legalizing gay marriage and tried to promote family values for the religious right of the GOP wing.

But as hypocritical as he is, and despicable, it should be noted that it was a consensual affair, he admitted to it, and he resigned.

As a result, I can only come to the conclusion that he is far more respectable than most in Congress, like Franken, Conyers, Jesse Jackson, etc.,etc., etc., who have sexual scandals looming over head but refuse to step down.

In short, Goodman is the better man.
I heard about that a week or two ago. A staffer walked in on them doing the dirty in the Congressman's office.
I don't know if a gay man running against legalizing gay marriage and pretending to promote what the religious right calls "family values" is really being a "better man," though. He's being a flat out liar is what he is.
Just for some perspective : I fully support ending all income tax credits and exemptions but i personally benefit a lot off them. Its not always about what i want..
I get what you're saying, TN. It's sad that in this day and age, he felt he had to hide his homosexuality to begin with. However, he WAS not only hiding it (no actual shame in that) but pretending to oppose it. Why didn't he run as an Independent or a Dem instead?
What if he is simply ACTUALLY doing his job and representing his constituents? What if they dont want it?
I dont know the guy or his actions/words. But i bet 99% of the people on this website dont either.

A GOP Congressman has resigned from office after admitting he had a consensual gay affair while in office. This happened after he ran against legalizing gay marriage and tried to promote family values for the religious right of the GOP wing.

But as hypocritical as he is, and despicable, it should be noted that it was a consensual affair, he admitted to it, and he resigned.

As a result, I can only come to the conclusion that he is far more respectable than most in Congress, like Franken, Conyers, Jesse Jackson, etc.,etc., etc., who have sexual scandals looming over head but refuse to step down.

I heard about that a week or two ago. A staffer walked in on them doing the dirty in the Congressman's office.
I don't know if a gay man running against legalizing gay marriage and pretending to promote what the religious right calls "family values" is really being a "better man," though. He's being a flat out liar is what he is.
Just for some perspective : I fully support ending all income tax credits and exemptions but i personally benefit a lot off them. Its not always about what i want..
I get what you're saying, TN. It's sad that in this day and age, he felt he had to hide his homosexuality to begin with. However, he WAS not only hiding it (no actual shame in that) but pretending to oppose it. Why didn't he run as an Independent or a Dem instead?

Why not just run as a Republican and gay.

I know lots of gays who are Republicans.

What if he is simply ACTUALLY doing his job and representing his constituents? What if they dont want it?
I dont know the guy or his actions/words. But i bet 99% of the people on this website dont either.
then don't take the job.

i simply can't and won't trust someone who preaches one way and lives another. we bitch at the left for doing that all the time and now want to find reasons to justify it. i can't go along with that. be who you are and let the chips fall where they may. he could have used his choices to work to make life easier for those who share his goals and lifestyle. if that isn't what the people of that area want then don't represent them with a lie.

If he were openly gay and somehow representing to the religious right that he was all for their idea of "family values," I would agree with you. Oh, never mind, TN. I get your point. I just don't like fakes.

`
`

Just another example of evangelical hypocrisy.

Evangelical hypocrisy? This is the message you get from this?

It's like the time I watched the movie Fatal Attraction where this guy has an affair with a woman and then later dumps her as she turns pregnant and goes psychotic and tries to kill him. I left the movie thinking I'm never going to lay another eye on a woman but I heard the guy next to me say, "He should have used a condom"

Different people, different message I suppose.

If he were openly gay and somehow representing to the religious right that he was all for their idea of "family values," I would agree with you. Oh, never mind, TN. I get your point. I just don't like fakes.
I get what you are saying too. I just dont know if i consider the possibility of him doing what he actually is supposed to be doing, hypocritical. At least this scenario.
Maybe i am in denial lol.. IDK

This is the same guy that Tony Perkins knew sexually assaulted an 18 year old while he slept at a Family Research Council event. He choose to keep it hush-hush even though they knew about his misdeeds before he ran for office. Goodman resigned to keep the rest of the skeletons from falling out of the closet. It didn't work.

Evangelical hypocrisy? This is the message you get from this?It's like the time I watched the movie Fatal Attraction where this guy has an affair with a woman and then later dumps her as she turns pregnant and goes psychotic and tries to kill him. I left the movie thinking I'm never going to lay another eye on a woman but I heard the guy next to me say, "He should have used a condom"Different people, different message I suppose.
`
`

I don't mistake reality with movies.

Sex is going to be the end of a lot of careers before this is over.
Even consensual sex among adults. That's not right, either. Time to ease up on the pedal. For damned sure, no one is going to ease up on the sex.

This is the same guy that Tony Perkins knew sexually assaulted an 18 year old while he slept at a Family Research Council event. He choose to keep it hush-hush even though they knew about his misdeeds before he ran for office. Goodman resigned to keep the rest of the skeletons from falling out of the closet. It didn't work.
Oh shit lol
maybe im done defending this guy
:scared1:

Sex is going to be the end of a lot of careers before this is over.
Even consensual sex among adults. That's not right, either. Time to ease up on the pedal. For damned sure, no one is going to ease up on the sex.
Did you hear about that governor a week or two ago that came out and said he wanted to get it all out in the open.. he had sex with like 50 chicks. People then said he needed to drop out... i mean, for WHAT?
Its getting beyond ridiculous.

Oh shit lol

Yeah, you shouldn't. This guy is a creep show. Apparently winning the seat in Ohio was more important to Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council.

How a conservative group dealt with a fondling charge against a rising GOP star

Oh shit lol

Yeah, you shouldn't. This guy is a creep show. Apparently winning the seat in Ohio was more important to Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council.

Sorry, but i am not paying a dollar to read their garbage lol.
But i just read a snipit of an article talking about it... Ridiculous!

Moore should follow Goodman's path.
Yes, he certainly preached one thing and did another: The Foundation for Moral Law was established in 2003 by Republican Roy Moore.

Why should he resign for having consensual sex?
This whole ordeal is becoming a big fucking joke.
You mean consensual sodomy?

I just threw-up in my mouth...
Which one is the bitch...you know, the one with the annoying high pitched voice that wears a pink Britney Spears half shirt?
Did they shave their starfishes first and use baby wipes?
Who was pitching and who was catching?
Who was the sack gargler?

Why should he resign for having consensual sex?
This whole ordeal is becoming a big fucking joke.
You mean consensual sodomy?

I just threw-up in my mouth...
Which one is the bitch...you know, the one with the annoying high pitched voice that wears a pink Britney Spears half shirt?
Did they shave their starfishes first and use baby wipes?
Who was pitching and who was catching?
Who was the sack gargler?
If it made you throw up, why are you asking for so many details? :ack-1:

Oh shit lol

Sorry, but i am not paying a dollar to read their garbage lol.
But i just read a snipit of an article talking about it... Ridiculous!

If you feel like reading further and laughing at a hypocritical turd:

Ohio legislator Wes Goodman led secret gay life, made unwelcome advances to younger men, people who knew him say

Forum List

Back