What are some of your favorite quotes from Frank Zappa?

Definition of rock journalism: People who can't write, doing interviews with people who can't think, in order to prepare articles for people who can't read.

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.
Good ones! And an interesting thread idea. OK, I'm paraphrasing Frank here because I'm not sure of the exact quote - "Today's young people wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass."

Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass!
THAT IS true, unfortunately. Not JUST young people don't know good music these days, a LOT of them are clueless, regardless of their age.

Yup. I make my daughter listen to all kinds of music and she now actually enjoys listening to the older stuff too. But it took a while. The bubble gum crap they produce is designed to make people dumb in my opinion.

At one of his concerts I attended he used to say:
“I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS than you are, hey-y, so watch out.”

1599358520324.png

The "music business" hates Zappa for many reasons, but mostly for this one: Warner Bros were fucking every artist they represented. Zappa was the only one to sue them to get an accurate accounting of why he was apparently getting so little back financially from the relationship. He embarrassed WB so badly in court they had to say that their accounting records were damaged in a flood and the ones that survived later burned in a fire. You don't have to watch it, but here Steve Vai states that Zappa's advice to "own your publishing" literally saved him millions of dollars.

The "music business" portrays Zappa as a deranged, loud mouth, when he was anti-drug, Libertarian, brilliant and absolutely unafraid to speak the truth.

The "music business" hates Zappa for many reasons, but mostly for this one: Warner Bros were fucking every artist they represented. Zappa was the only one to sue them to get an accurate accounting of why he was apparently getting so little back financially from the relationship. He embarrassed WB so badly in court they had to say that their accounting records were damaged in a flood and the ones that survived later burned in a fire. You don't have to watch it, but here Steve Vai states that Zappa's advice to "own your publishing" literally saved him millions of dollars.

The "music business" portrays Zappa as a deranged, loud mouth, when he was anti-drug, Libertarian, brilliant and absolutely unafraid to speak the truth.

They've done the same to Ted Nugent.

Forum List

Back