what are the chances Congrees will give authorization?

There is as much evidence that the terrorist rebels are using the chemical weapons as there is Assad used them. Really, there is no evidence at all that Assad used them. What should be done if it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the terrorists are using these weapons, specifically against children, for the purpose of getting western sympathy? Would you want obama to bomb rebel camps?

There needs to be more than debate. There need to be facts to debate and so far, obama's been concealing those facts.

"There is as much evidence", really? Please post the evidence. Oh, and as a member of the bar I'm sure any evidence you post will be probative. And, BTW, I object to your post above being admitted to the debate. Your opinion is not relevant and doesn't tend to prove the conclusion you offer.

Your allegation that The President is hiding facts is absurd unless 1) you have knowledge of facts known by The President too and have a source telling you he is hiding it; or 2) you allude to matters The President knows but won't disclose as they would have a negative impact on our national security.

He doesn't need Congressional approval, legally, but politically he does. Otherwise, he has nobody to blame when it all backfires.

Yes, legally he does. Read the War Powers Act.
The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours after taking military action, and must get Congressional approval to continue after 30 days. The purpose of the 1973 WPA was to prevent another Vietnam.

And Reagan did NOT violate the WPA with Iran Contra. It did not involve direct military action, all he did was give them money. Not the same thing.

I say slim to none. Repubs will leave Obabble twisting in the wind (as it were)...while the left, after all they have said about W's reckless behavior, will be emarrassed to support another war.

No brainer: How many military/industrial complex lobbyists are in the US Congress?

How much does a Tomahawk cost?

About as much as a 30 second political campaign commercial during prime time.

Decisions decisions--It may not be so easy to buy votes if you vote for war.

I say slim to none. Repubs will leave Obabble twisting in the wind (as it were)...while the left, after all they have said about W's reckless behavior, will be emarrassed to support another war.

No brainer: How many military/industrial complex lobbyists are in the US Congress?

pffffffth.....

How many of the 82 HoR Dems or 29 Dem Senators suffered for supporting Bush's decision to invade Iraq?

Dick Gephardt, the (D) sponsor of the bill, decided not to run for reelection in 2004, so we really don't know what the outcome may have been for him, but the (R) sponsor, Hastert was reelected to an eleventh term in Congress in the 2006 general election.

There is as much evidence that the terrorist rebels are using the chemical weapons as there is Assad used them. Really, there is no evidence at all that Assad used them. What should be done if it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the terrorists are using these weapons, specifically against children, for the purpose of getting western sympathy? Would you want obama to bomb rebel camps?

There needs to be more than debate. There need to be facts to debate and so far, obama's been concealing those facts.

Your continued rejection of any material you consider may be favorable to BHO continues.

You do make a good point: anybody who uses gas, whether Syrians or American terrorists, should be punished, imho.

Last edited:

The point is, you can cover up a lot of shitty leadership with enough money. And voting for war pays.

Because they are reactionaries pretending to be conservative neo-cons. The real neo-cons are thrilled at the idea of backing up those who think the Syrian regime needs to be whacked.

Sadly, the majority of members of Congress are like the worst supervisor or manager anyone every worked for or with. The first question each will ask themselves will be this: "How will my vote effect me".

The answer to that question will dictate the vote.

which is GREAT. Becasue it can be influenced.

Call/e-mail your representative.

I did :D

pffffffth.....

How many of the 82 HoR Dems or 29 Dem Senators suffered for supporting Bush's decision to invade Iraq?

Dick Gephardt, the (D) sponsor of the bill, decided not to run for reelection in 2004, so we really don't know what the outcome may have been for him, but the (R) sponsor, Hastert was reelected to an eleventh term in Congress in the 2006 general election.

it did not matter THEN, it might matter now.

The countyr is tired of the 12 years of wars and the country realizes that those in the ME are all our enemies.

Let the Allah settle it there - wise words.

100% correct, deltex, if we would only unite on energy independence: neither side will give way.

War should be to conquer or destroy, and predicated on the Constitution. I don't know what they will do but I hope they don't. War should be war - not all this precarious BS. We are too provocative - fuck all these political military actions. :puke3:

if you are not going into war with a win at all costs attitude, you should not be going in at all. we have forgotten how to fight a war. we shouldn't be in them. at least not one like this.

Forum List

Back