what are the chances Congrees will give authorization?

I say slim to none. Repubs will leave Obabble twisting in the wind (as it were)...while the left, after all they have said about W's reckless behavior, will be emarrassed to support another war.

Listening to the talking heads this morning, I am reminded that the repubs have no balls and the dems have blind unquestioning loyalty to their party...and the press is with them..........so my prediction above may need revision.

Yeah.... so, let's go full retard and indulge some paranoia. The neo-cons don't take chances with their war plans. If there was any chance Congress would refuse, I don't think they'd bother with a vote.

If anyone was qualified to go full retard it would certainly be you. Thanks.

I say slim to none. Repubs will leave Obabble twisting in the wind (as it were)...while the left, after all they have said about W's reckless behavior, will be emarrassed to support another war.

Listening to the talking heads this morning, I am reminded that the repubs have no balls and the dems have blind unquestioning loyalty to their party...and the press is with them..........so my prediction above may need revision.

sadly you may be right. Any congressman who votes to start a war with Syria should be voted out in the next election-----------this is fucking lunacy and may very well be the beginning of a major war in the mid east.

Yeah.... so, let's go full retard and indulge some paranoia. The neo-cons don't take chances with their war plans. If there was any chance Congress would refuse, I don't think they'd bother with a vote.

Happy to oblige! ;)

Happy to oblige! ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo]Never Go Full Retard - YouTube[/ame]

I think Congress will for no other reason that if they vote no, and tie Obama's hands, Assad can launch his whole arsenal against the rebels at that point.

So what if he does? WE are not the world's police force. We are not the world's ethics committee.

Let them fight it out until someone wins. Any involvement from us will only make it last longer.

ITS NONE OF OUR DAMN BUSINESS.:eusa_hand:

Perhaps. But we better understand what we are signing on to.

We are willing to allow thousands of children to be murdered because we can't be bothered.

As long as we have the national debate and understand that, it's fine. But we'd better have that debate.

so obabble is now a neocon????

There is as much evidence that the terrorist rebels are using the chemical weapons as there is Assad used them. Really, there is no evidence at all that Assad used them. What should be done if it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the terrorists are using these weapons, specifically against children, for the purpose of getting western sympathy? Would you want obama to bomb rebel camps?

There needs to be more than debate. There need to be facts to debate and so far, obama's been concealing those facts.

so obabble is now a neocon????

Always has been. So is Billary.

Sadly, the majority of members of Congress are like the worst supervisor or manager anyone every worked for or with. The first question each will ask themselves will be this: "How will my vote effect me".

The answer to that question will dictate the vote.

There is as much evidence that the terrorist rebels are using the chemical weapons as there is Assad used them. Really, there is no evidence at all that Assad used them. What should be done if it is proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the terrorists are using these weapons, specifically against children, for the purpose of getting western sympathy? Would you want obama to bomb rebel camps?

There needs to be more than debate. There need to be facts to debate and so far, obama's been concealing those facts.

I think the one thing that has shaped American opinion more than anything else is the fact that we learned that Al Qaeda and other militant Islamists have been assisting rebels. Americans have learned to fear and hate Al Qaeda. And this was a fact that really wasn't announced to the public but rather the public found out about it on it's own.

Now we are going WTF is with funding Al Qaeda groups and why weren't we told about this before ??
Are we now being asked to forgive them because they are "helping" in some way ? Will they be the future leaders of Syria?

I think Congress will for no other reason that if they vote no, and tie Obama's hands, Assad can launch his whole arsenal against the rebels at that point.

So what if he does? WE are not the world's police force. We are not the world's ethics committee.

Let them fight it out until someone wins. Any involvement from us will only make it last longer.

ITS NONE OF OUR DAMN BUSINESS.:eusa_hand:

Perhaps. But we better understand what we are signing on to.

We are willing to allow thousands of children to be murdered because we can't be bothered.

As long as we have the national debate and understand that, it's fine. But we'd better have that debate.

Hundreds of thousands were slaughtered in Sudan and we did nothing. Castro and Mao killed thousands and we did nothing.

Civil wars are terrible, innocent people are killed.

But its not our job to prevent civil wars and deaths in the entire world.

Both sides in Syria think they have "right" on their side. Why do we presume that we are so brilliant that we can decide who is right and change the outcome?

How well did that work out for us in Viet Nam? 58,000 americans dead for nothing.

If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

Stay the hell out of Syria's civil war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone does realize no matter which way Congress votes the final decision is Obama's right? He is either going to have to take military action which won't be popular at home or let Assad get away with crossing his red line which will make him look weak and irrelevant on the world stage.

I say , the probabilities are very high:

1- The Liberals will support their president - when a black president does it it means is not a crime

2- the "conservatives" love the mixture of blood and 3 million dollars Tomahawk missiles - its an aphrodisiac

Everyone does realize no matter which way Congress votes the final decision is Obama's right? He is either going to have to take military action which won't be popular at home or let Assad get away with crossing his red line which will make him look weak and irrelevant on the world stage.

obama already is weak and irrelevant on the world stage, a cosmetic strike will only further that opinion.

He should admit that he was wrong about the red line comment, and stay out of it completely. But I doubt that his ego will allow that kind of common sense approach.

He will split the baby...weak response that has no affect....and piss off everyone...except the loyalists and the MSM.

No brainer: How many military/industrial complex lobbyists are in the US Congress?

How much does a Tomahawk cost?

About as much as a 30 second political campaign commercial during prime time.

Forum List

Back