What are the most popular names in Israel?

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Israeli parents still don’t really diversify when naming their children. Even in 2012, for the 14th year in a row, “Noa” was the most popular name for girls among the Jewish population. The name “Noam” passed “Itay” on the boys’ list and returned to being the most common name among boys.

The Central Bureau of Statistics published today (Monday) the segmentation of last year’s names, ahead of the international Children's Day in two days. But not all is predictable: a new name has entered the top 10 list of girls’ names – “Adele”. Over 850 girls born in 2012 were given the name, when the year before only 300 girls were called Adele and two years ago only 150 were.

The other common names for girls in the passing year are: Shira, Tamar, Talia, Maya and Yael. The popular names for boys are: Ori, Itay, Yossef, David, Yehontan, and Daniel.

There is also a list of popular names among Muslims in Israel. The most popular names for Muslim boys are: Mohammad, Ahmed, Mahmed, Adam and Abed. According to the data, one in every 10 Muslim boys born in 2012 was called Muhammad. Among Muslim girls the most popular names are: Marim, Rahaf, Lin, Leanne, Rimas, Hala, Noor, Bisan, Malek and Aya.

Source: JerusalemPost

-------------

:redface:

page_children1181113_w437_h328.jpg

I was like the third child from the left, caught
picking my nose in the class picture! :lol:

I had a Jewish kid in my Cub Scout pack who's name was Raif. Always thought that was a cool one.

I'll be danged. I found Raif on LinkedIn. It says " Rabbinic Student at Yeshivat Chovevei Torah" in New York.
Haven't seen that kid in over 20 years. He's got hair where there used to be no hair.

Forum List

Back