What are you going to do Nov. 9?

The alert and warning landscape is in an important state of transition; from the current system of radio, television, cable, satellite, and wireline broadcast media-based alerting to a future system that integrates new technologies for a more universal access to alert and warning messages. Future testing of the EAS will assess the effectiveness and reliability of other technologies to achieve the ultimate goal of timely alert and warning to American public in the preservation of life and property.

Nationwide EAS Test Reminders

An Emergency Action Notification (EAN) live-code will be used for the Test.
The test will last approximately 30 seconds.
The Washington D.C. FIPS code will be used for the Test.
An End of Message (EOM) will be used to close the EAN (an Emergency Action Termination will NOT be used).
You should have at least two monitoring sources (review your State EAS Plan).
NOAA Weather Radio will NOT carry the EAN- check with your SECC/LECC for monitoring sources.
The Test will NOT use a CAP message nor evaluate CAP compliance.
The National Weather Service is rescheduling their Required Weekly Test for Tuesday November 8th.
If you do not have a PEP source, you may be able to monitor your local National Public Radio member station (contact NPR Headquarters).
Properly configure your EAS Device (see the EAS Best Practices Guide in the handouts section and visit the EAS Device manufacturer website)
FEMA: Nationwide EAS Test

Once they can make Emergency announcements on the internet they also have the capabilities to shut the system down. Just as quick as making an emergency announcement.

I wont live in fear. If an asteroid is going to hit, or the government is going to violently take over, thats fine. I was looking for a good excuse to not have to entertain on thanks giving. What better excuse then the end of the world ?

But the end of the world isn't going to happen until December 21, 2012~~~~
Or whatever other date that Pastor comes up with again....
If the world ends all of a sudden, who's going to hit the kill switch?
Gee....soooo many things to worry about! :eek:

I wont live in fear. If an asteroid is going to hit, or the government is going to violently take over, thats fine. I was looking for a good excuse to not have to entertain on thanks giving. What better excuse then the end of the world ?

I heard that 2012 date was a distraction and the real date is supposed to be 2011.

I heard that 2012 date was a distraction and the real date is supposed to be 2011.

Wow thanks...at least it'll all be over soon and i won't have to worry about it for another year!

Actually, sometimes i wonder if i should really be joking about this :)

I would be more worried about this Friday "Veterans Day" for something to happen.

Day: Friday
Date: 11/11/11
Celebration: Veterans Day

Pretty significant day for something. Maybe that is why they are doing this exercise on Wednesday a couple of days before. Think they have some information they are not talking about. Something coming from the middle east perhaps?

Fine by me. I have a wedding to go to at the end of January. End of the world would get me right out of that.:eusa_pray:

Wow thanks...at least it'll all be over soon and i won't have to worry about it for another year!

Actually, sometimes i wonder if i should really be joking about this :)

No matter if or when it happens there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I say enjoy life be prepared for the worse as it might happen and just live your life like it will be your last day. Isn't that all anyone can do?

I would be more worried about this Friday "Veterans Day" for something to happen.

Pretty significant day for something. Maybe that is why they are doing this exercise on Wednesday a couple of days before. Think they have some information they are not talking about. Something coming from the middle east perhaps?

It has been talked about on above top secret. You name it, it has been discussed and implied. Its fun to read all the conspiracy stuff, but dont put to much into it. Our Government is to stupid to keep the lid on a world ending event. If this was coming, the rest of the world Governments would have to keep quiet as well and they are as stupid as ours.

It has been talked about on above top secret. You name it, it has been discussed and implied. Its fun to read all the conspiracy stuff, but dont put to much into it. Our Government is to stupid to keep the lid on a world ending event. If this was coming, the rest of the world Governments would have to keep quiet as well and they are as stupid as ours.

I wasn't thinking about world ending but something on the order of 9/11.

I wasn't thinking about world ending but something on the order of 9/11.

Before 9/11 nobody ever thought of a date being significant.

You know........the date 11:00 am 21 December 2012 has been sigificant for several thousand years BEFORE 9/11 happened.

Not sure what's gonna happen then, but I do know that the preacher was wrong yet again, as he'd said that the end of the world was gonna be 21 October 2011, and we're still here on November 7th.

Easy; there's a procedure for any catastrophic event; it is as follows:

When you observe the flash of the asteroid impact, nuclear detonation, or whatever, remember to (1) spread your legs, (2) bend forward, and (3) kiss your ass goodbye!

Feel better, now?

When you observe the flash of the asteroid impact, nuclear detonation, or whatever, remember to (1) spread your legs, (2) bend forward, and (3) kiss your ass goodbye!

Feel better, now?

some people need to prepare for this and practice that position
some may even need a visual aid
Kiss-you-ass.jpg

Feel better, now?

No way man, you only get to see the end of the world once. I would want to watch it go down.

Feel better, now?

some people need to prepare for this and practice that position
some may even need a visual aid
Kiss-you-ass.jpg

Well there's something you don't get to see every day....someone who can actually kiss their own ass :lol:

I did not know that was happening. Please explain.

There's some swirl out in the internet world that communacations and the internet is to shut down time is uncertain three minutes on

:eek::eek::eek:

OH NO.... disconnected for...

OMG... three minutes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JC6w9hgl7c]Kid FREAKS OUT over computer! - YouTube[/ame]

Once they can make Emergency announcements on the internet they also have the capabilities to shut the system down. Just as quick as making an emergency announcement.

Forum List

Back