What are you listening to?

Halleluha by Leonard Cohen, one of the best song writers ever - 3 versions, all are lovely so I couldn't pick one. Leonard Cohen, K.D. Lang and El Divo. Canada produced some incredible singers - K.D. Lang and Leonard Cohen among many.

Leonard Cohen

El Divo

K.D. Lang

Mike should post in this thread. miketx stop being a faggot and post in this thread :1peleas:

I'm listening to the voices in my head.

Also you listen to bees in your head? The bees?

The voices...

This oughta be right up your ally, miketx. I like to make people laugh every once in a while at karaoke night.<giggle>

OMG Becki, I owned that record. :)

I may still have it on LP.

Mike should post in this thread. miketx stop being a faggot and post in this thread :1peleas:
I'm listening to the voices in my head.

Also you listen to bees in your head? The bees?
The voices...
This oughta be right up your ally, miketx. I like to make people laugh every once in a while at karaoke night.<giggle>

OMG Becki, I owned that record. :)

I may still have it on LP.

I'm impressed. All we had growing up was the radio, and American Bandstand on tv. Alan Sherman still makes me laugh to the point of tears sometimes. All his stuff seems to be available at youtube.

Happy birthday Dwight!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

That was a B-side for Stonewall Jackson in 1959. The A-side was "Waterloo". (not the Waterloo done by ABBA as a version of Roy Wood's "See My Baby Jive" but a song actually about Napoleon's Waterloo as a theme)

Note they're both in the same key, same tempo, could almost be the same backing track.

Fun fact: "Stonewall Jackson" was his real name. Still is actually, he's 86.

I guess since I brought it up I have to do this --- "Waterloo" by ABBA 1974:

--- was based directly on "See My Baby Jive by Roy Wood's WIzzard from the previous year, 1973, Note the striking similarities. Same rhythm, same arrangement, similar breaks.

there's ^^ a "wall of sound" worthy of Phil Spector.

Happy birthday Dwight!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

That was a B-side for Stonewall Jackson in 1959. The A-side was "Waterloo". (not the Waterloo done by ABBA as a version of Roy Wood's "See My Baby Jive" but a song actually about Napoleon's Waterloo as a theme)

Note they're both in the same key, same tempo, could almost be the same backing track.

Fun fact: "Stonewall Jackson" was his real name. Still is actually, he's 86.

Thanks for the clip! I never knew that other lyrics were out there. When Dwight does the chorus, his lyrics are not what we hear come from Mr. Jackson.

God bless you and Dwight always!!!

Holly

P.S. Dwight isn't the first person to sing different lyrics. My late beautiful precious Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys does different lyrics here when covering "I'll Put Angels Around You" from the Dr. Hook act.

Forum List

Back