What are you listening to?

Another found object:

Nightwish (Finland): "Élan"

Double "WINNER" Pogo... the board just won't let me give it a double... but that's a double... great stuff! Had to look it up on my Amazon and listen to it in ultra high definition streaming.

Thanks Double-O, much appreciated, particularly since you know sound, I take this as high praise.

Just serendipitous, it came out of the blue, but upon playing I dug it..

Since your thumbnail had the word "Renaissance" in it.........

HOLY CRAP... I like that too...

ff to :45 where it begins. I was fortunate enough to visit the Musical Wonder House in Wiscasset, Maine, which had a large number of these music boxes. The owner gave us the tour and he knew everything about them, repaired them, too. Unbelievable to hear these in the same room with you.

ff to :45 where it begins. I was fortunate enough to visit the Musical Wonder House in Wiscasset, Maine, which had a large number of these music boxes. The owner gave us the tour and he knew everything about them, repaired them, too. Unbelievable to hear these in the same room with you.

Outstanding post, thank you. :clap2:

I visited a musical instrument museum in northern Michigan where they had piano rolls 'recorded' by people before high fidelity recording was developed -- these rolls would copy all the intonations of the player who made them. We watched a player piano play a composition as played by George Gershwin himself, live, which is pretty remarkable since he died in 1937.

Outstanding post, thank you. :clap2:

I visited a musical instrument museum in northern Michigan where they had piano rolls 'recorded' by people before high fidelity recording was developed -- these rolls would copy all the intonations of the player who made them. We watched a player piano play a composition as played by George Gershwin himself, live, which is pretty remarkable since he died in 1937.
Wow! I never knew they could do that! I love anything that winds up--clocks, music boxes, automatons. They've always fascinated me.

Forum List

Back