What are you listening to?

I love these duets.

I wanted to perform a duet with my son's voice teacher (this song) she does not have the range and my ear hurt. She hit a high note and my glasses cracked.

crack.jpg

Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat - Lucky

Luv this song! :mm:

It's called "The Fighter" by Keith Urban

here having fun with beautiful wife ....(well, wife then? ..whatever) Nicole Kidman

Last edited:
Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

I've been neglecting this thread because of Euro 2016 and stuff, this is from me to me :slap:

This is for everyone else who hasn't been neglecting this thread :thup:

Shelagh McDonald ""Dowie Dens Of Yarrow" from her 1971 album "Stargazer" released on B&C Records.

After recording "Stargazer", McDonald had a very bad LSD trip and disappeared for 34 years, resurfacing in 2005 after reading a newspaper article about the reissues of her first album "The Shelagh McDonald Album" released in 1970 on B&C Records and the aforementioned "Stargazer"

Shelagh McDonald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edited to add link.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back