What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

• I hate them all

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Homosexuals should be jailed or exiled

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They should have no special protections

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • They should be protected under Civil Rights laws

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • They should be allowed to have Civil Unions only

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • They should be allowed to marry

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • They should be protected from any discrimination

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So every single word of the Bible is true? Every single one is the truth of God?

Please say yes so I can go dig out my Bible and show you that God is actually vengeful, wrathful, and hateful.

It's the literal truth, except when it ain't.

ONLY DEMON INSPIRED TOTAL FOOLS WOULD TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!! and you??

I believe in the presence of God everywhere and that much of the Bible actually was inspired by him. However, I come to a very different conclusion from that than you. I see God as powerful, vengeful, and- quite frankly- bored. Being an all-powerful immortal deity would probably get pretty boring, so he made people whose idiocies and fallacies could amuse him, like jesters in a royal palace. And if we ever break his laws, he has an excuse to kill us off in droves and watch in amusement as his followers blindly still believe he is "merciful" and "loving".

It's the literal truth, except when it ain't.

ONLY DEMON INSPIRED TOTAL FOOLS WOULD TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD!!! and you??

I believe in the presence of God everywhere and that much of the Bible actually was inspired by him. However, I come to a very different conclusion from that than you. I see God as powerful, vengeful, and- quite frankly- bored. Being an all-powerful immortal deity would probably get pretty boring, so he made people whose idiocies and fallacies could amuse him, like jesters in a royal palace. And if we ever break his laws, he has an excuse to kill us off in droves and watch in amusement as his followers blindly still believe he is "merciful" and "loving".

wow!!!WOW!! IS THERE NO LIMIT TO MAN'S PURE IGNORANCE??? BEST YOU LEARN YOUR PLACE IN GOD'S CREATION GO OUTSIDE ON A CLEAR NIGHT AND LOOK UP AT THE HEAVENS AND KNOW YOU ARE ONLY SEEING LESS THAN .00000001% AND THINK OF THE POWER,WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE,INTELLIGENCE THAT GOD MUST HAVE THEN CONSIDER YOUR little peanut brain power and yet you try to argue and fight ALMIGHTY GOD?????????????? ONLY A TOTAL FOOL WOULD DO THAT!!!and you???

Last edited:
you cannot get around this word from god!!=====therefore god also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of god for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 for this reason god gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Romans 1:24-27
this is not a repressive theocracy. Perhaps if you want to use the bible as a law book, you should move to vatican city. But here in america, we embrace all religions and will not tolerate one narrow theocratic point of view that wishes to displace secular law.

in the usa==in God we trust========one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.
Then there's that pesky Constitution of the United States of America.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

God is love, peace, universal, and infinite. I will not judge the beliefs, salvation, and worth of other humans, only God knows what is in their hearts and spirit.

wow!!!WOW!! IS THERE NO LIMIT TO MAN'S PURE IGNORANCE??? BEST YOU LEARN YOUR PLACE IN GOD'S CREATION GO OUTSIDE ON A CLEAR NIGHT AND LOOK UP AT THE HEAVENS AND KNOW YOU ARE ONLY SEEING LESS THAN .00000001% AND THINK OF THE POWER,WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE,INTELLIGENCE THAT GOD MUST HAVE THEN CONSIDER YOUR little peanut brain power and yet you try to argue and fight ALMIGHTY GOD?????????????? ONLY A TOTAL FOOL WOULD DO THAT!!!and you???

I would only be fighting God if I opposed him. I worship the exact same God you do, only I see him differently and worship him because I fear him, not because I love him. God hasn't struck me down with lighting or anything yet so obviously I haven't offended him with my heresies.

this is not a repressive theocracy. Perhaps if you want to use the bible as a law book, you should move to vatican city. But here in america, we embrace all religions and will not tolerate one narrow theocratic point of view that wishes to displace secular law.

in the usa==in God we trust========one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Just because I can't resist saying something completely stupid, the 1st says that people can peacefully assemble, right? I don't gays murder people or become violent when together, so Congress can't pass laws banning homosexuality.:lol:

Just out of curiosity GISMYS, how did you vote in the poll? Do you think they should be jailed or do you just hate 'em?

most who disagree with homosexuality being normalized in society & held up like it's something grand & beautiful believe it is a combination of enviromental & social causes, the only part that is a choice is when you act upon your urges. That's a bit different than the simplistic charge you're leveling at those who disagree with you.

There are exceptions, Slyhunter is not pro-gay, yet he believes it is caused by genetics. I am positive there is NO gay gene or genes, and I would think that if there is a genetic cause that may make it more likely to be a homosexual, it probably has nothing to do with predisposing someone to homosexuality, but it guarantees you will be a sexual deviant, depending on the enviromental & social situation they've grown up in will determine if they're a homosexual, pedophile, coprophiliac, necrophiliac, etc...
I totally agree and find the comparison to the digestive system very illuminating.

One day we will wake up and realize how precious human life really is again, and abortion and homosexual militancy will voluntarily vanish over night from shame, believe it or not.
I finally get it! Homophobic Conservatives actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice, not an immutable quality endowed at birth. That's why they oppose marriage equality. The Conservatives think that since homosexuality is an option, including homosexuals as American citizens with all the rights and protections of citizenship is stretching the point to absurdity.

It's the willful ignorance of the homophobic Conservatives that is repressing homosexuals. If these homophobic Conservatives had the necessary information to conclude homosexuals are not making a choice but are born as homosexual, there would be no real reason to continue to repress them. Conservatives are afraid of the science of human sexuality.

Just like they are afraid of the science showing global climate change.

It seems that science is the bane of repressive Conservatives. Without the knowledge, the willful dismissal of science, and the entrenched attitudes I am willing to bet that the homophobic Conservative would see the light. But I doubt that they will ever really want to learn anything not inculcated by their leadership and pundits.
I too am skeptical about a genetic link to sexual orientation. But I do not agree that homosexuality can be conflated with pedophilia or necrophilia or coprophilia. I believe that, while those other conditions cause harm due to the lack of consent, homosexuality is a state of human sexuality that is the result of a natural ingrained attitude, if you will. Homosexuals are, for the most part, as stable, sober and responsible as any heterosexual. They are not inclined, as you and I, to be attracted to the opposite sex, but their sexual preferences do not pose a threat to society and should be tolerated, if not accepted as responsible citizens.

In modern English that would be worded like this:
Congress shall pass no laws in respect to establishing an official government endorsed religion".

Other than that there is no true seperation of church & state the way it is argued by most atheists. The reason why things like 10 commandments in courthouses and all that is considered constitutional is pretty much based on the fact they're there to begin with. If the founders wouldve considered that a violation of the seperation of church and state(which doesn't exist in the way it is used by most atheists), those things wouldve never been permitted to stand on public lands. At least that is my opinion from what Ive read. This country's founding was inspired by Christianity, right on down to the first ten amendments in the constitution being the most important, The Bill of rights.

Just out of curiosity GISMYS, how did you vote in the poll? Do you think they should be jailed or do you just hate 'em?

I HATE NO ONE BUT I DO HATE EVIL SIN. I PITY THOSE THAT ALLOW SATAN TO TRAP AND FOOL THEM INTO LIVING DEFEATED LIVES OF SIN WHICH LEADS TO DEATH AND HELL!! and you??

Actually the etymology of "AMEN" stemming from the Egyptian God amen-ra is a debunked theory. "so be it" is the literal translation from ancient Hebrew.

Who debunked it and where do you think the Hebrews got their language and religion from? Lets see some links.

There's many links, you know how to Google don't you ? Here's one : Where the Word "Amen" Came From

Judaism , naturally is heavily influenced by Egyptian, Semitic, Babylonian religion. The "Gilgamesh Epic" of Babylonian [Persian] origins had a lot of influence on the Old Testament as did Egyptian lore. But the word Amen , which can be found in the earliest Hebrew scriptures is of Hebrew origin.

The root word from whence it came is found in several Semitic Languages, including Aramaic . The word was adopted by the early Christian Church . The Hebrew word “amen” originally derives from another Hebrew word of similar meaning: ʼāmán. It is sometimes theorized, probably incorrectly, that this Hebrew word has its origins in the Egyptian god Amun, which is also sometimes spelled “Amen”. However, most scholars think this is a purely coincidental, and that there is no real connection between the two.

Amen to That !
-------------------

There's a Twon in Austria knowm as "Fucking" [Pronounce Foo-king] - The similarity to a common English vulgarity is purely coincidental, and no - the ancestors of theses people did not found the Town of Intercourse PA.

Fucking-Austria-austria-28611352-240-241.jpg

intercourse.jpg

So in other words its someones opinion that the word is not from the Egyptians? You are wrong most scholars admit the word Amen is derived from Amen-Ra. The Muslims say the same thing even though it does not appear in the Koran. The Egyptian civilization predates the Hebrews and their religion. Thats where the word Amen comes from and all the major religions. Who do you think you are fooling? Dont give me an opinion piece give me some believable facts.

http://www.free-minds.org/history-amen

To the skeptic, who may argue against the connection between the Egyptian god "Amen" and this word used in its present day meaning, I quote the ending paragraph under the heading "Amen" from the Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol 1 1907, which either intentionally or unintentionally acknowledges this link

"Finally, we may note that the word Amen occurs not infrequently in early Christian inscriptions, and that it was often introduced into anathemas and gnostic spells. Moreover, as the Greek letters which form Amen according to their numerical values total 99 (alpha=1, mu=40, epsilon=8, nu=50), this number often appears in inscriptions, especially of Egyptian origin, and a sort of magical efficacy seems to have been attributed to this symbol. It should be mentioned that the word Amen is still employed in the ritual both of Jews and Mohammedans."

Last edited:

When a religion (an I use that word in the academic sense) is used as a blunt instrument to torment, repress and exclude another group of citizens, that religion is not to be protected or tolerated. Sorry, but you cannot use whatever it is you are considering a 'religion' to oppress and claim any righteousness as a result.

I HATE NO ONE BUT I DO HATE EVIL SIN. I PITY THOSE THAT ALLOW SATAN TO TRAP AND FOOL THEM INTO LIVING DEFEATED LIVES OF SIN WHICH LEADS TO DEATH AND HELL!! and you??

I pity those who see Satan in perfectly fine human individuals.

It's been done for Centuries - it's called regeneration - a product of heterosexual activity

A new set stupid. Not some that are being taught by the sinful ones to do the same thing.

Yes , there certainly are some people here who could use a "new set" or just a set .... now wtf were you really trying to say ?

That you need to activate your brain and read before you post in response to my post.

When a religion (an I use that word in the academic sense) is used as a blunt instrument to torment, repress and exclude another group of citizens, that religion is not to be protected or tolerated. Sorry, but you cannot use whatever it is you are considering a 'religion' to oppress and claim any righteousness as a result.

you chose to live in sin, you pay the price=ruined life,death and hell!!!= TRUTH not religion!!

Fair enough, though we disagree on most points, one in particular would be that of acceptance of it. I can tolerate many things I don't like...that doesn't mean I have to accept them nor should I be compelled by government to pretend I do. After doing tons of research on this topic, I am all but fully convinced my stance on the issue is the right one to have. I really wish this could be handled without all the hyperbole, but that is where we are at as a society. I know for a fact there are stable gays that are good people, it's the radical, force acceptance wing of the movement I despise.

As a libertarian, I see both government & societal coeercion as one of the most evil things in this world. Nothing justifies it. If you look at the racial climate today, we can say we have made some very great strides as a society , but we are also starting to fall back a bit, self-segregation amongst the races is becoming more prevelant. Is that a good thing or bad thing? My opinion? It has both good & bad about it.
most who disagree with homosexuality being normalized in society & held up like it's something grand & beautiful believe it is a combination of enviromental & social causes, the only part that is a choice is when you act upon your urges. That's a bit different than the simplistic charge you're leveling at those who disagree with you.

There are exceptions, Slyhunter is not pro-gay, yet he believes it is caused by genetics. I am positive there is NO gay gene or genes, and I would think that if there is a genetic cause that may make it more likely to be a homosexual, it probably has nothing to do with predisposing someone to homosexuality, but it guarantees you will be a sexual deviant, depending on the enviromental & social situation they've grown up in will determine if they're a homosexual, pedophile, coprophiliac, necrophiliac, etc...
I finally get it! Homophobic Conservatives actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice, not an immutable quality endowed at birth. That's why they oppose marriage equality. The Conservatives think that since homosexuality is an option, including homosexuals as American citizens with all the rights and protections of citizenship is stretching the point to absurdity.

It's the willful ignorance of the homophobic Conservatives that is repressing homosexuals. If these homophobic Conservatives had the necessary information to conclude homosexuals are not making a choice but are born as homosexual, there would be no real reason to continue to repress them. Conservatives are afraid of the science of human sexuality.

Just like they are afraid of the science showing global climate change.

It seems that science is the bane of repressive Conservatives. Without the knowledge, the willful dismissal of science, and the entrenched attitudes I am willing to bet that the homophobic Conservative would see the light. But I doubt that they will ever really want to learn anything not inculcated by their leadership and pundits.
I too am skeptical about a genetic link to sexual orientation. But I do not agree that homosexuality can be conflated with pedophilia or necrophilia or coprophilia. I believe that, while those other conditions cause harm due to the lack of consent, homosexuality is a state of human sexuality that is the result of a natural ingrained attitude, if you will. Homosexuals are, for the most part, as stable, sober and responsible as any heterosexual. They are not inclined, as you and I, to be attracted to the opposite sex, but their sexual preferences do not pose a threat to society and should be tolerated, if not accepted as responsible citizens.

I would only be fighting God if I opposed him. I worship the exact same God you do, only I see him differently and worship him because I fear him, not because I love him. God hasn't struck me down with lighting or anything yet so obviously I haven't offended him with my heresies.

WHY TRY TO FOOL YOURSELF??? YOU KNOW YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU DARE GOD'S EARLY JUDGMENT,BEWARE LEST YOU GET THE PROOF!!! Beware bewarned!

i understand fine. I understand your god made some people go against the way there were born (straight) as a punishment for other wrong doings. It has nothing to do with consenting adult gays and lesbians...just like sodom and gomorrah didn't.

how many times did pharaoh agree to let the israelites go and then god "hardened his heart"? God makes people do bad things and then punishes them for doing the bad thing god made them do.

God knew the heart of pharaoh, no sinner fools God, but only a ignorant fool would think God made him sin.

That story is another fable. The Hebrews were never in Egypt. There is absolutely no evidence they were there at all. This is from a rabbi.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Judaism/2004/12/Did-The-Exodus-Really-Happen.aspx?p=1

Knowing the Exodus is not a literal historical account does not ultimately change our connection to each other or to God.

BY: Rabbi David Wolpe

Last edited:
how many times did pharaoh agree to let the israelites go and then god "hardened his heart"? God makes people do bad things and then punishes them for doing the bad thing god made them do.

God knew the heart of pharaoh, no sinner fools God, but only a ignorant fool would think God made him sin.

That story is another fable. The Hebrews were never in Egypt. There is absolutely no evidence they were there at all.

YES!!! SATAN IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF LIARS!!!and you?? I THINK I WILL BELIEVE GOD AND GOD'S WORD AND IGNORE YOUR IGNORANCE!!!

Forum List

Back