What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

• I hate them all

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Homosexuals should be jailed or exiled

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They should have no special protections

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • They should be protected under Civil Rights laws

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • They should be allowed to have Civil Unions only

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • They should be allowed to marry

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • They should be protected from any discrimination

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you want a god that is more like yourself? Get in line buddy...most people do. I look at this attitude as the ultimate form of arrogance & self importance. If there is a God, you're opinion of how he does things probably means diddly squat.. And you can cry & whine about how unfair he is or you can simply ask his forgiveness, stop being an arrogant douche and go to heaven.

When you get there, according to the bible, your questions of why things had to be done the way he chose, will be answered.

If you don't believe in a god, if you sincerely are an atheist...you shouldn't be bothered by any of this. You know there is no god so why get offended by something that doesn't exist?

There isn't a God. And yes, since Man invented God, God should be a reflection of Man.

the problem is the Abrahamic God was made up by savages, and he has a very savage nature.

He (namely the people who made him up) didn't condemn slavery and called for people to be murdered for the slightest infractions. Of course, we've grown beyond these things, and theologians look for the loopholes such as 'That was the Old Testament".

But yet you bible thumping assholes who are all afraid of the gay and are mortified by the thought of putting two plastic dudes on top of a wedding cake will invoke this God as an authority with no evidence of his existence. It's circular reasoning.

I don't worry about what God will do to me in an afterlife that will never happen.

I worry about how badly you bible thumping assholes are going to mess up this life trying to get your way on stuff.

Case in point. The country was all ready to throw that incompetent asshole George W. Bush out on his can in 2004. Then along came Karl Rove and his putting Gay Marriage on the ballot in every swing state to get the evangelicals to show up.

So we got a second term of George W. Bush, who proceeded to fuck up the economy beyond all recognition, and you all ended up with gay marriage anyway.

NIce job, everyone.

Gays are people too. Just because I shudder at the thought of being with another man, doesn't mean I have to hate them and condemn them.
However, I believe churches and priests/pastors should have the right to refuse to wed them, based on their religious views.

Gays agree. No church or religious leader will ever be forced to perform a ceremony against the tenants of their faith...by anything other than public opinion.

If churches have that right why can't cake makers have that right too?

Read the 1st Amendment...sound out the words. A cake shop is not a religious institution and a baker not a religious leader.

Gays are people too. Just because I shudder at the thought of being with another man, doesn't mean I have to hate them and condemn them.
However, I believe churches and priests/pastors should have the right to refuse to wed them, based on their religious views.

Gays agree. No church or religious leader will ever be forced to perform a ceremony against the tenants of their faith...by anything other than public opinion.

If churches have that right why can't cake makers have that right too?
Because all progs care about is what feels right,and refuse to let facts get in their way of recreating a wacked out version of the civil rights era, especially young libtards, who missed it. Your problem is you think these people actually come to their stances on issues by using logic & reason. Far from it...they are fed what they THINK they know by the leftist media, they never are familiar in any real depth of the history of their chosen political party/ideology...

I think you're absolutely right. What if an atheist cake baker disagrees with gay marriage and thinks it is not good for society & doesn't want to bake a gay wedding cake or even a Christian wedding cake? He should not be forced to do business with people he does not wish to. Government coeercing people into associating with people they wish not to is never right. No matter how warm and fuzzy it makes progs feeeeeeel inside.

Last edited:
My attitude towards them is the same as my attitude towards bulimics or other eating disorders. They are reproductive dysfunctionals. No reason to hate or support what they do, either one. Plenty of reason though to stop their subculture from taking over what we describe as normal reproductive behaviors.

Bulimics' "eating orientation" means throwing up after they eat in an addictive quest to stay thin. Doesn't mean we have to force restaurant owners to provide vomit urns because of their learned behavioral dysfunction. Likewise, we don't have to retool our society's description of the reproductive pair we want to elevate as "only legitimately married", to include those people incapable of reproducing 100% of the time.

You don't throw up your food habitually after you eat and get society's stamp of "normal". Likewise, you don't try to reproduce with another man's lower digestive tract and call that "sex" and get society's stamp of "normal" via marriage.
I totally agree and find the comparison to the digestive system very illuminating.

One day we will wake up and realize how precious human life really is again, and abortion and homosexual militancy will voluntarily vanish over night from shame, believe it or not.
I finally get it! Homophobic Conservatives actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice, not an immutable quality endowed at birth. That's why they oppose marriage equality. The Conservatives think that since homosexuality is an option, including homosexuals as American citizens with all the rights and protections of citizenship is stretching the point to absurdity.

It's the willful ignorance of the homophobic Conservatives that is repressing homosexuals. If these homophobic Conservatives had the necessary information to conclude homosexuals are not making a choice but are born as homosexual, there would be no real reason to continue to repress them. Conservatives are afraid of the science of human sexuality.

Just like they are afraid of the science showing global climate change.

It seems that science is the bane of repressive Conservatives. Without the knowledge, the willful dismissal of science, and the entrenched attitudes I am willing to bet that the homophobic Conservative would see the light. But I doubt that they will ever really want to learn anything not inculcated by their leadership and pundits.

My attitude towards them is the same as my attitude towards bulimics or other eating disorders. They are reproductive dysfunctionals. No reason to hate or support what they do, either one. Plenty of reason though to stop their subculture from taking over what we describe as normal reproductive behaviors.

Bulimics' "eating orientation" means throwing up after they eat in an addictive quest to stay thin. Doesn't mean we have to force restaurant owners to provide vomit urns because of their learned behavioral dysfunction. Likewise, we don't have to retool our society's description of the reproductive pair we want to elevate as "only legitimately married", to include those people incapable of reproducing 100% of the time.

You don't throw up your food habitually after you eat and get society's stamp of "normal". Likewise, you don't try to reproduce with another man's lower digestive tract and call that "sex" and get society's stamp of "normal" via marriage.
I totally agree and find the comparison to the digestive system very illuminating.

One day we will wake up and realize how precious human life really is again, and abortion and homosexual militancy will voluntarily vanish over night from shame, believe it or not.
I finally get it! Homophobic Conservatives actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice, not an immutable quality endowed at birth. That's why they oppose marriage equality. The Conservatives think that since homosexuality is an option, including homosexuals as American citizens with all the rights and protections of citizenship is stretching the point to absurdity.

It's the willful ignorance of the homophobic Conservatives that is repressing homosexuals. If these homophobic Conservatives had the necessary information to conclude homosexuals are not making a choice but are born as homosexual, there would be no real reason to continue to repress them. Conservatives are afraid of the science of human sexuality.

It seems that science is the bane of repressive Conservatives. Without the knowledge, the willful dismissal of science, and the entrenched attitudes I am willing to bet that the homophobic Conservative would see the light. But I doubt that they will ever really want to learn anything not inculcated by their leadership and pundits.

YOU CANNOT GET AROUND THIS WORD FROM GOD!!=====Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Romans 1:24-27

Just because I know what the bible says on many things does not make me a "bible thumper". I know the qu'ran pretty well too, does that make me an "qu'ran thumper"?

You should do a Lot less assuming & start asking people what is guiding their position on the issue you are discussing. We all do it, myself included so Im not trying to put you down, just suggesting when you notice doing nothing but making assumptions, try to catch yourself and correct it.

Most of the theists here seem to stick strictly to condemning homosexuality on religious reasons only. I have NEVER argued it from a religious perspective.

Hope that helps.
So you want a god that is more like yourself? Get in line buddy...most people do. I look at this attitude as the ultimate form of arrogance & self importance. If there is a God, you're opinion of how he does things probably means diddly squat.. And you can cry & whine about how unfair he is or you can simply ask his forgiveness, stop being an arrogant douche and go to heaven.

When you get there, according to the bible, your questions of why things had to be done the way he chose, will be answered.

If you don't believe in a god, if you sincerely are an atheist...you shouldn't be bothered by any of this. You know there is no god so why get offended by something that doesn't exist?

There isn't a God. And yes, since Man invented God, God should be a reflection of Man.

the problem is the Abrahamic God was made up by savages, and he has a very savage nature.

He (namely the people who made him up) didn't condemn slavery and called for people to be murdered for the slightest infractions. Of course, we've grown beyond these things, and theologians look for the loopholes such as 'That was the Old Testament".

But yet you bible thumping assholes who are all afraid of the gay and are mortified by the thought of putting two plastic dudes on top of a wedding cake will invoke this God as an authority with no evidence of his existence. It's circular reasoning.

I don't worry about what God will do to me in an afterlife that will never happen.

I worry about how badly you bible thumping assholes are going to mess up this life trying to get your way on stuff.

Case in point. The country was all ready to throw that incompetent asshole George W. Bush out on his can in 2004. Then along came Karl Rove and his putting Gay Marriage on the ballot in every swing state to get the evangelicals to show up.

So we got a second term of George W. Bush, who proceeded to fuck up the economy beyond all recognition, and you all ended up with gay marriage anyway.

NIce job, everyone.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

It says right in that opening line that god did it, turned them gay as a punishment for other things they did. That's some kinky god.

HOW LOW WILL YOU GO TO TRY TO JUSTIFY THE SICK FOUL ABOMINATION OF UNNATURAL SEXUAL PERVERSION??? WILL YOU COMPOUND YOUR SIN BY TRYING TO DENY THE VERY TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD??===Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

It says right in that opening line that god did it, turned them gay as a punishment for other things they did. That's some kinky god.

LOL!! pray for a little wisdom and understanding, WHY BE SO IGNORANT???

YOU CANNOT GET AROUND THIS WORD FROM GOD!!=====Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

This is not a repressive theocracy. Perhaps if you want to use the Bible as a law book, you should move to Vatican City. But here in America, we embrace all religions and will not tolerate one narrow theocratic point of view that wishes to displace secular law.

i finally get it! Homophobic conservatives actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice, not an immutable quality endowed at birth. That's why they oppose marriage equality. The conservatives think that since homosexuality is an option, including homosexuals as american citizens with all the rights and protections of citizenship is stretching the point to absurdity.

It's the willful ignorance of the homophobic conservatives that is repressing homosexuals. If these homophobic conservatives had the necessary information to conclude homosexuals are not making a choice but are born as homosexual, there would be no real reason to continue to repress them. Conservatives are afraid of the science of human sexuality.

It seems that science is the bane of repressive conservatives. Without the knowledge, the willful dismissal of science, and the entrenched attitudes i am willing to bet that the homophobic conservative would see the light. But i doubt that they will ever really want to learn anything not inculcated by their leadership and pundits.

you cannot get around this word from god!!=====therefore god also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of god for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 for this reason god gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
this is not a repressive theocracy. Perhaps if you want to use the bible as a law book, you should move to vatican city. But here in america, we embrace all religions and will not tolerate one narrow theocratic point of view that wishes to displace secular law.

in the usa==in God we trust========one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

most who disagree with homosexuality being normalized in society & held up like it's something grand & beautiful believe it is a combination of enviromental & social causes, the only part that is a choice is when you act upon your urges. That's a bit different than the simplistic charge you're leveling at those who disagree with you.

There are exceptions, Slyhunter is not pro-gay, yet he believes it is caused by genetics. I am positive there is NO gay gene or genes, and I would think that if there is a genetic cause that may make it more likely to be a homosexual, it probably has nothing to do with predisposing someone to homosexuality, but it guarantees you will be a sexual deviant, depending on the enviromental & social situation they've grown up in will determine if they're a homosexual, pedophile, coprophiliac, necrophiliac, etc...

GOD'S WORD IS THE LAST WORD,THE LIVING,ETERNAL,INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD OF GOD!!!!======Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10

BE WISE!!! little man cannot ever win by trying to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD and GOD'S INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) WORD. YOU CURSE YOURSELF IF YOU TRY!!!=======GOD'S WORD IS THE LAST WORD,THE LIVING,ETERNAL,INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD OF GOD!!!!======Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10

GOD'S WORD IS THE LAST WORD,THE LIVING,ETERNAL,INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD OF GOD!!!!======Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10

Gismys, I hope you realize how futile it is to quote scripture to liberal atheists on a political forum. You'd be better off going on the religous boards and arguing with a liberal Christian(I know, not many on the board) on why homosexuality is condemned in the bible. I know it is & so do you, but some liberal Christians really believe that it doesn't.

You should brush up on your secular arguments against normalizing homosexuality because quoting scripture just causes liberal atheists to start a giant circle jerk between themselves & make a sport out of mocking you.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.

Gismys, I hope you realize how futile it is to quote scripture to liberal atheists on a political forum. You'd be better off going on the religous boards and arguing with a liberal Christian(I know, not many on the board) on why homosexuality is condemned in the bible. I know it is & so do you, but some liberal Christians really believe that it doesn't.

You should brush up on your secular arguments against normalizing homosexuality because quoting scripture just causes liberal atheists to start a giant circle jerk between themselves & make a sport out of mocking you.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.
BEGONE SATAN!!! I HAVE GOD'S PROMISE THAT HIS WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID!! THERE IS NO POWER MORE POWERFUL ON EARTH THAN GOD'S INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) LIVING ETERNAL WORD!!! Now begone, do not allow satan to use you as his tool,fool,puppet!!!!

Boy oh boy do you have comprehension problems!
"Gave them over to vile affections(passions)" means that God stopped helping them avoid acting upon their vile affections.

And how would calling it a "vile affection(passion)" show that God is kinky? It says "vile" right there in the beginning sentence. That means He is disgusted by it.

Try again, Seawench. It does not mean God made them gay, what it means is they already had those homosexual thoughts, but God cared enough to help them deal with their vile desires and not act upon them.

Understand?

Damn, I am not a theist and I can figure that out. What's your malfunction?

LOL!! pray for a little wisdom and understanding, WHY BE SO IGNORANT???

I understand fine. I understand your god made some people go against the way there were born (straight) as a punishment for other wrong doings. It has nothing to do with consenting adult gays and lesbians...Just like Sodom and Gomorrah didn't.

Yes- They can stil fuck someone of the opposite sex and get pregnant/ impregnate. In which case it is a heterosexual act that created the Child , the only thing homosexuality breeds is disease.

So quick to jump to conclusions. It can be recognized as a "bisexual" act as well. What then of bisexuality?

Bisexual = Half a Queer. But unless it's a Ménage à trois - when engaged with the opposite sex - it's a heterosexual act and if conception occurs, it's due to the hetero act, not the perverted act.

What if I give a gal a pearl necklace and she goes down on our mutual friend and get's that girl pregnant because some of my sperm was on her lips or something?

Boy oh boy do you have comprehension problems!
"Gave them over to vile affections(passions)" means that God stopped helping them avoid acting upon their vile affections.

And how would calling it a "vile affection(passion)" show that God is kinky? It says "vile" right there in the beginning sentence. That means He is disgusted by it.

Try again, Seawench. It does not mean God made them gay, what it means is they already had those homosexual thoughts, but God cared enough to help them deal with their vile desires and not act upon them.

Understand?

Damn, I am not a theist and I can figure that out. What's your malfunction?

YES!!! IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE IN SIN AND REJECT GOD,GOD WILL NOT FORCE YOU TO ACCEPT HIS LOVE,BLESSINGS AND PROTECTION! Think.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back