What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

i could give more examples if you want.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?

So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

When will you figure out the simple fact that the only people who "should never own guns" are those who forfeit right through their actions...not what the could, might, maybe do someday if the wind is right and the moon is full.

If you want to piss away your freedom, go right ahead, but you shall not drag the rest of us down into your hovel of slavery.

My thoughts are that the NRA used to be a good organization concerned with gun training, safety, hunting regulations and sharing gun related information

Then they realized that there was no money in that and began fear mongering that the evil government was going to seize your weapons and only armed citizens can keep the government in check

"From my cold dead fingers" made the NRA billions

Don't post stupid things like this. Once again it makes you look like a fool.

The NRA is a grassroots organization of Americans concerned about Constitutional rights.

Unlike the filthy Left Wing unions that force their members to contribute the NRA is voluntary.

I join because they are effective. For instance, they are the ones that put pressure on the stupid ass ATF to rescind the M-855 ammo ban. That is what I pay my money for. I think it was the NRA lobbying in a few Southern states in 2000 that kept that idiot Al Gore from becoming President and that scumbag Clinton even admits it was the NRA that took away his Democrat Congress. All good things for America.

The Left doesn't want to admit that the NRA is a grassroots freedom organization so they have invented this false narrative that the NRA is controlled by evil firearms corporation and they use fear mongering to get money. The typical Left lies and misrepresentations that we hear all the time.

Obama is going to take your guns....send money

All you need to know

My thoughts are that the NRA used to be a good organization concerned with gun training, safety, hunting regulations and sharing gun related information

Then they realized that there was no money in that and began fear mongering that the evil government was going to seize your weapons and only armed citizens can keep the government in check

The NRA is a grassroots organization of Americans concerned about Constitutional rights.

Unlike the filthy Left Wing unions that force their members to contribute the NRA is voluntary.

I join because they are effective. For instance, they are the ones that put pressure on the stupid ass ATF to rescind the M-855 ammo ban. That is what I pay my money for. I think it was the NRA lobbying in a few Southern states in 2000 that kept that idiot Al Gore from becoming President and that scumbag Clinton even admits it was the NRA that took away his Democrat Congress. All good things for America.

The Left doesn't want to admit that the NRA is a grassroots freedom organization so they have invented this false narrative that the NRA is controlled by evil firearms corporation and they use fear mongering to get money. The typical Left lies and misrepresentations that we hear all the time.

All you need to know

Nobody will dispute that the top priority of any organization is self-perpetuation - duh, it's not like the NRA is the only organization this little fact of life applies to. If there are no dragons to slay, real or hyped, the ILA branch of the NRA would not be needed and would starve for cash.

But here's the thing:

1. The ILA is only a part of the NRA, not the whole enchilada.
2. There are obviously still plenty of dragons out there.

"What are your thoughts on the NRA?"

They need to get out of politics and get back to guns.

American Rifleman is an excellent publication and well worth the membership fee, pity it's full of crazy, delusional, tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and lies about the president 'taking away' guns.

Claims of impending gun confiscation is much better for gun sales than any advertisement ever could be. That's why gun manufacturers give a lot more to the NRA and right wing politicians than they spend on any other kind of marketing expense.

Anyone who doesn't realize that gun confiscation is the end game, is naive at best.

2012-08-09-guns_zps05aed294.jpg

Oh look! A left wing nut job disagrees with me! Who'd a thunk?

[

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

The problem is defining "people who should never own guns".

If the Libtards were reasonable then we could probably agree on a reasonable law restricting convicted violent felons and people in insane asylums. However, as we have found out the Libtards are not reasonable. For instance, in California the bureaucrats think it is unreasonable for a law abiding person to own a standard AR-15. That is as unreasonable as it comes.

A couple of months ago in NY a veteran had his firearms taken away from him because under NY's SAFE Act it was found reasonable to take his firearms because he told a doctor he had insomnia.

Prior to the Heller and McDonald cases DC and Chicago felt it was reasonable to prevent someone from having a handgun.

The list goes on and on.

When the Libtards pull their heads out of their asses then we can talk about what reasonable really means but in the meantime they are not capable of being reasonable.

I don't want the government telling me how to comply with my Constitutional rights. I don't want to get permission from the filthy ass government before being allowed to enjoy my Constitutional rights. What part of those statements do you not understand?

Last edited:
If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem
Why do you refuse to recognize that having to show the state a "need" before you exercise a right defies common sense and egregiously violates the constitution?

He's a progressive gun grabbing moron. He isn't going to use reason or logic.

All you need to know

Obama sure as hell tried to take away my AR-15s with his proposed assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook. Fortunately Congress would not go along with it.

He tried the other day to put in a backdoor ban on my AR-15s by restricting readily available ammo but fortunately the NRA was able to lobby the right people and put a stop to that crap.

As far as the money I am not in the 48% that doesn't pay income taxes and I have to give the filthy ass government a lot of money each year and Obama has made it worse by raising taxes.

If you are confused about that I will gladly post the list of new taxes that Obama has imposed on the American people.

Obama sure as hell tried to take away my AR-15s with his proposed assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook. Fortunately Congress would not go along with it.
Make no mistake -- if He could, The Obama would not just ban the sale of new AR-15s, He would confiscate existing weapons as well.

Make no mistake -- if He could, The Obama would not just ban the sale of new AR-15s, He would confiscate existing weapons as well.

Of course. Common sense and an acknowledgement of reality tells you that the keft's goal is to take guns away.

The left is stupid enough to think we'll buy their claim that it isn't happening RIGHT NOW so it never will happen. Fortunately we and the NRA know that that is bull shit.

Of course. Common sense and an acknowledgement of reality tells you that the keft's goal is to take guns away.
The left is stupid enough to think we'll buy their claim that it isn't happening RIGHT NOW so it never will happen. Fortunately we and the NRA know that that is bull shit.
We have two powerful friends here:
- Federal jurisprudence
- The fact that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty

[

Of course he would and these stupid Moon Bat Libards would go along with him.

In addition to my AR-15s he would also take away my, AR-10s, M-1 Garands, M-1 Carbines, M1As, FAls, AKs, SKSs, 10-22s and every handgun that I own. They don't think I have a "need" for any of those things.

[
Of course he would and these stupid Moon Bat Libards would go along with him.
In addition to my AR-15s he would also take away my, AR-10s, M-1 Garands, M-1 Carbines, M1As, FAls, AKs, SKSs, 10-22s and every handgun that I own. They don't think I have a "need" for any of those things.
Clearly, they do not have an issue with you having to prove to the state that you have a need to exercise your rights.
Force that burden on a right they do not oppose, however, and they will scream like a stuck pig.

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .
Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?
Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
[

Claims that "They're coming to get your guns" is fear mongering.

That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

Does an anti gun nut like you believe what you are saying or are you saying

Yeah, I know you are but what am I.......

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?

So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

Okay, I'll play...what do you consider commone sense gun laws.........?

I'm debating a life membership at the moment and was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the NRA. Any life members here? Anyone completely against the NRA but recommends another gun rights association?
They just came out with a flex payment method for membership and I'm debating it now because its affordable both short and long term.
What are your thoughts?
b6fc3044ab229617_poop.jpg

My thoughts on the NRA? I first joined when I was a teen and was an active member (in more ways than just paying my dues) for a couple of decades before the leadership and I had a little falling out over the issue of concealed carry permits and I let my membership expire. This week, 15 years or so after I let my membership lapse, I renewed my membership....as a Life Member this time. Yes, it would have been cheaper for me to just purchase 5 year memberships...since I doubt I will be alive for the number of years that a grand of membership dues would pay for, but oh well, it's for a good cause.

As much as I don't see eye-to-eye with the NRA on some issues, strategies and tactics, they are still the most powerful tool we have in the fight to protect our birthright.

Unless they have the power to uphold the Constitution, all they are is noise.

All you need to know

"What are your thoughts on the NRA?"

They need to get out of politics and get back to guns.

American Rifleman is an excellent publication and well worth the membership fee, pity it's full of crazy, delusional, tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and lies about the president 'taking away' guns.

Claims of impending gun confiscation is much better for gun sales than any advertisement ever could be. That's why gun manufacturers give a lot more to the NRA and right wing politicians than they spend on any other kind of marketing expense.

Anyone who doesn't realize that gun confiscation is the end game, is naive at best.

Oh look! A left wing nut job disagrees with me! Who'd a thunk?

@Prefan
Scare_tactics.jpg

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

"For the next six months,Al Gore is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

"So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands"

A phrase used by the president of the NRA in 2000, and clearly a thinly veiled threat, to every legislator, law enforcement officer and citizen that gun control was off the table, and any effort to control gun ownership in America would be met with armed resistance.

Of course every gun control thread brings forth the same mentality, and their anger is palatable. Yes gun nuts, the NRA is a terrorist organization, and those of you so angry with any discussion of gun control are terrorists.

So what are you saying Moon Bat?

Are you saying that if you are Libtard Democrat then you are entitled to the right to keep and bear arms but if you are not then you should be denied?

Of course that model doesn't hold much water in Democrat controlled shitholes like NY, Chicago and DC, does it? In those places nobody is allowed the right to keep and bear arms.

Forum List

Back