What are your thoughts on the NRA?

The difference is that the tea party is actually working to limit civil rights and the ability of minorities to vote, and has had some success in their efforts. Nobody is trying to take your guns. If they were, you could name one person who has had their guns confiscated. You can't. Gun confiscation is just more made up crap like death panels, FEMA prisons, and Benghazibenghazibenghai.

One of the pistols I have came in a box that said....not for sale in California...it was a standard pistol....with a single stack magazine...and they can't sell it in California....

they will take what they can take when they have the power....and they will never stop.........

So that was an example of confiscation? You need to look up what the word means.

You keep thinking confiscation is the only thing we have to worry about.

I can't get a CCW in NYC without the NYPD approving my "need" for one. THAT is the real problem, and that is why a group like the NRA is needed.

By all means we need to make sure every thug and mental patient can easily be armed, unless you have some better idea how to prevent that.

What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?

So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

[
By all means we need to make sure every thug and mental patient can easily be armed, unless you have some better idea how to prevent that.
Why does it not bother you that, in certain places, people are forced to show the state that they have a "need" to exercise their rights before they can be exercised?
Because I don't want thugs and dangerous mental patients easily armed
This doesn't have anything to do with showing a "need" to exercise your rights - this is taken care of by the background check that goes along with the CCW/pistol ownership permit.
So, again:
Why does it not bother you that, in certain places, people are forced to show the state that they have a "need" to exercise their rights before they can be exercised

One of the pistols I have came in a box that said....not for sale in California...it was a standard pistol....with a single stack magazine...and they can't sell it in California....

they will take what they can take when they have the power....and they will never stop.........

So that was an example of confiscation? You need to look up what the word means.

I can't get a CCW in NYC without the NYPD approving my "need" for one. THAT is the real problem, and that is why a group like the NRA is needed.

What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?
So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.
Do you lie to yourself like this all the time, or just when you're off your meds?

You haven't answered my question.

Do you lie to yourself like this all the time, or just when you're off your meds?

The term "common sense" when used by gun control advocates is one of the more useless terms out there.

I doubt you will find a single poster here that thinks convicted felons and mentally adjudicated people should be allowed to own firearms, and if you find one, they probably will think that said person should only get the right back AFTER further review by a court.

off topic -------------------------- but Larry Pratt of GOA was talking the other day about guns and Americans . He advises that its best to stay mad and distrustful of these anti gunners because as other posters have said , lefties want to take Americans guns and gun Rights , ammo and actually they want to take away all RIGHTS except for the ' gov granted' ability to get an abortion .

Well, considering it is you writing, "I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand," about 90% of American would tell the NYPD about you: "that boy just ain't right."

The term "common sense" when used by gun control advocates is one of the more useless terms out there.
Its their attempt to get past the fact that they can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty by claiming the intellectual high ground -- "you have to be crazy to not agree with this" - when in fact their "common sense" ideas make no sense at all.

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .
Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?
Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
[

Claims that "They're coming to get your guns" is fear mongering.

That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

i could give more examples if you want.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Well, considering it is you writing, "I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand," about 90% of American would tell the NYPD about you: "that boy just ain't right."

You only know my online persona, not my actual one.

But that isn't the issue. The issue is why should the NYPD be able to deny me a CCW for the only reason of "they say so"?

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .
Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?
Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
[

That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

off topic -------------------------- but Larry Pratt of GOA was talking the other day about guns and Americans . He advises that its best to stay mad and distrustful of these anti gunners because as other posters have said , lefties want to take Americans guns and gun Rights , ammo and actually they want to take away all RIGHTS except for the ' gov granted' ability to get an abortion .

Sure, but Larry Pratt is crazy. Some say he is a bed wetter.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" says anything about "common sense limits"?

If you are a government, preventing one or more people or groups of people from having the means to defend themselves might be common sense...but if you are a free citizen, not so much.

Sure, but Larry Pratt is crazy. Some say he is a bed wetter.

If Larry Pratt is crazy, you are Gunga Din.

[

Look, if you are so big on "reasonable gun regulation", fine, repeal the 2nd amendment.

What's that? Too hard to do? Well, if that is the case, obviously the mainstream majority of Americans don't agree with you. So sorry, you lose.

[

You don't get a vote on how much ammo I wish to "hoard". It is none of your business.

There is no "needs" requirements in the Second Amendment. The needs thingy is pretty well spell out by the phrase "being necessary to the security of a free State".

If you have to prove to some stupid elected bureaucrat a need to have a firearm before you can get it then you really don't have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, do you?

[

You don't get a vote on how much ammo I wish to "hoard". It is none of your business.

There is no "needs" requirements in the Second Amendment. The needs thingy is pretty well spell out by the phrase "being necessary to the security of a free State".

If you have to prove to some stupid elected bureaucrat a need to have a firearm before you can get it then you really don't have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, do you?

Slaves are quite used to asking the permission of their master to do just about anything.

[

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem
Why do you refuse to recognize that having to show the state a "need" before you exercise a right defies common sense and egregiously violates the constitution?

Forum List

Back