What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?

About half the ammo available for sale in the US is M-855. A lot of it is mil surplus. It is no deadlier than M-193 or most other .223 ammo. However, the Obama administration wanted to ban it because it would greatly reduce the amount of .223 ammo in the US and run up the cost for the remainder.

It is a back door attempt by the stupid anti gun nut Libtards to restrict AR-15s by rulemaking what the Congress won't support.

This is a great example of why you can't trust Libtards with the right to keep and bear arms. They always do the wrong thing.

Good thing the NRA and some of our Congressmen had the balls to stand up to Obama and the anitgun nuts.

Sorry. That poll is false....the guy who did it is compromised, he told John Lott that he wanted to show politicians a poll that would help them push an anti gun agenda and it was paid for by the Joyce foundation......a rabid anti gun group.....

As well, they used a phone poll to get the info. and in this time period, gun owners are not going to be telling strangers they own guns........

More women are also buying more guns, as are minorities.......and now that bans on guns are falling to court decisions, in Chicago and Wisconsin and Washington D.C. more people will be buying guns .....

The responsible hunters in my family are members of Ducks Unlimited.

The notion that the NRA has all that much to do with hunting seems pretty silly to me.

And top think that you aren't protected by the NRA and their lobbying for gun rights is silly to me......you really think they are going to let you keep your sport of hunting.....and let you keep your guns.......keep dreaming.....

I'm debating a life membership at the moment and was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the NRA. Any life members here? Anyone completely against the NRA but recommends another gun rights association?
They just came out with a flex payment method for membership and I'm debating it now because its affordable both short and long term.
What are your thoughts?

The NRA is a terrorist organization. Every innocent person killed or maimed by a gun will make you culpable (morally) for supporting this organization.

[

Claims of impending gun confiscation is much better for gun sales than any advertisement ever could be. That's why gun manufacturers give a lot more to the NRA and right wing politicians than they spend on any other kind of marketing expense.

Like how the Democrats use fear with their constituency by telling them that unless they give money then the Tea Party will put all the Blacks back into slavery, or something? I doubt the filthy Democrats have never sent out a fund raising request and not used the fear factor.

Actually the greater amount of money the NRA raises comes from individual members and fundraisers. There are about six million individual members. The firearms manufacturers and distributors are not that big of a factor. Your ignorance on this is just an example of the hate some Americans have for the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

There is a real fear that unless we are aggressive about guarding our Constitutional rights then they will be incrementally taken away from us. Unfortunately in America with our political system that means buying the vote of the politicians. The Left is not hesitate to do the same thing with their interest. For instance, the greedy unions give about a billion dollars to the filthy Democrats every national election cycle and it is good that the NRA can counter that a little bit.

The difference is that the tea party is actually working to limit civil rights and the ability of minorities to vote, and has had some success in their efforts. Nobody is trying to take your guns. If they were, you could name one person who has had their guns confiscated. You can't. Gun confiscation is just more made up crap like death panels, FEMA prisons, and Benghazibenghazibenghai.

One of the pistols I have came in a box that said....not for sale in California...it was a standard pistol....with a single stack magazine...and they can't sell it in California....

they will take what they can take when they have the power....and they will never stop.........

I'm debating a life membership at the moment and was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the NRA. Any life members here? Anyone completely against the NRA but recommends another gun rights association?
They just came out with a flex payment method for membership and I'm debating it now because its affordable both short and long term.
What are your thoughts?

As a lifetime member, I say JOIN!!

What are your thoughts?

As a Bill of Rights advocacy group I'm all for them. Just as I am the ACLU, First Amendment Center, etc.

[

Claims of impending gun confiscation is much better for gun sales than any advertisement ever could be. That's why gun manufacturers give a lot more to the NRA and right wing politicians than they spend on any other kind of marketing expense.

Like how the Democrats use fear with their constituency by telling them that unless they give money then the Tea Party will put all the Blacks back into slavery, or something? I doubt the filthy Democrats have never sent out a fund raising request and not used the fear factor.

Actually the greater amount of money the NRA raises comes from individual members and fundraisers. There are about six million individual members. The firearms manufacturers and distributors are not that big of a factor. Your ignorance on this is just an example of the hate some Americans have for the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

There is a real fear that unless we are aggressive about guarding our Constitutional rights then they will be incrementally taken away from us. Unfortunately in America with our political system that means buying the vote of the politicians. The Left is not hesitate to do the same thing with their interest. For instance, the greedy unions give about a billion dollars to the filthy Democrats every national election cycle and it is good that the NRA can counter that a little bit.

The difference is that the tea party is actually working to limit civil rights and the ability of minorities to vote, and has had some success in their efforts. Nobody is trying to take your guns. If they were, you could name one person who has had their guns confiscated. You can't. Gun confiscation is just more made up crap like death panels, FEMA prisons, and Benghazibenghazibenghai.

One of the pistols I have came in a box that said....not for sale in California...it was a standard pistol....with a single stack magazine...and they can't sell it in California....

they will take what they can take when they have the power....and they will never stop.........

Was it a .45 XDS?

[

Was it a .45 XDS?

a 9mm......

[

Was it a .45 XDS?

a 9mm......

I'm pretty sure you can't purchase any Springfield handgun in California. Springfield refused to pay their fee.

What are your thoughts?

The NRA is a terrorist organization. Every innocent person killed or maimed by a gun will make you culpable (morally) for supporting this organization.

Bullshit.

What are your thoughts?

Bullshit.

I would ignore wry......not the most rational thinker.......

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .
Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?
Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
[

Claims that "They're coming to get your guns" is fear mongering.

That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

i could give more examples if you want.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

"What are your thoughts on the NRA?"

They need to get out of politics and get back to guns.

American Rifleman is an excellent publication and well worth the membership fee, pity it's full of crazy, delusional, tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and lies about the president 'taking away' guns.

Anyone who doesn't realize that gun confiscation is the end game, is naive at best.

2012-08-09-guns_zps05aed294.jpg

Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?
Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
So, no, you do -not- know how much prices went up, and no, you do -not- care that this was the intent of the BATFE all along.
Roger that.

[

So that was an example of confiscation? You need to look up what the word means.

Forum List

Back