What are your thoughts on the NRA?

My thoughts are that the NRA used to be a good organization concerned with gun training, safety, hunting regulations and sharing gun related information

Then they realized that there was no money in that and began fear mongering that the evil government was going to seize your weapons and only armed citizens can keep the government in check

"From my cold dead fingers" made the NRA billions

Don't post stupid things like this. Once again it makes you look like a fool.

The NRA is a grassroots organization of Americans concerned about Constitutional rights.

Unlike the filthy Left Wing unions that force their members to contribute the NRA is voluntary.

I join because they are effective. For instance, they are the ones that put pressure on the stupid ass ATF to rescind the M-855 ammo ban. That is what I pay my money for. I think it was the NRA lobbying in a few Southern states in 2000 that kept that idiot Al Gore from becoming President and that scumbag Clinton even admits it was the NRA that took away his Democrat Congress. All good things for America.

The Left doesn't want to admit that the NRA is a grassroots freedom organization so they have invented this false narrative that the NRA is controlled by evil firearms corporation and they use fear mongering to get money. The typical Left lies and misrepresentations that we hear all the time.

Claims that "They're coming to get your guns" is fear mongering.

The responsible hunters in my family are members of Ducks Unlimited.

The notion that the NRA has all that much to do with hunting seems pretty silly to me.

no it isn't , its an incremental action by lefties , progressives and democrats Bulldog . 5 million Americans own the Popular AR15 rifle and dems and mrobama try to limit its designed function , why ??

hey , Jake , when a survey taker asks me questions , I tell him to mind his own business . I didn't click the links .

Sure Iceweasel. Lots of evidence.
GOP Rep. Ted Yoho Suggested Limiting Voting To Property Owners
Nobody can say Ted Yoho isn't solidly tea party. "I’ve had some radical ideas about voting and it’s probably not a good time to tell them, but you used to have to be a property owner to vote,"Along with his attachment to birtherism, he said "

But Yoho's lament about voting isn't original. Tea Party Nation President Judson Phillips said in 2010 that returning to 19th century voting laws "makes a lot of sense."

"If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners," Phillips said.

This is by no means all the evidence, but it's irrefutable.

no it isn't , its an incremental action by lefties , progressives and democrats Bulldog . 5 million Americans own the Popular AR15 rifle and dems and mrobama try to limit its designed function , why ??

Out of 5 million, how many have been confiscated?

I think that the idea of voting being limited to property owners has been around for a long time , not a new idea with 'yoho' Bulldog .

I think that the idea of voting being limited to property owners has been around for a long time , not a new idea with 'yoho' Bulldog .

That was kind of my point. The tea party is actively trying to limit voting rights.

just a proposal , some people think that voting should only be open to property owners as its property owners that pay for everything through tax on their property Bulldog . As far as gun confiscation , I think it happened in california with the late 80s confiscation of the SKS rifle tat had a detachable magazine .

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .

just a proposal , some people think that voting should only be open to property owners as its property owners that pay for everything through tax on their property Bulldog . As far as gun confiscation , I think it happened in california with the late 80s confiscation of the SKS rifle tat had a detachable magazine .

Wow.....You think it might have happened once 25 or 30 years ago? You really think that is strong evidence of the crazy claims the gun nuts are making?

CONFICATED is CONFISCATED Bulldog !! Might be the only rifle a guy has or can afford . And yeah , it happened , I just don't remember the details as it was complicated , didn't affect me as I don't live in that state . Maybe someone who remembers can comment . SKS confiscation , should be on google , maybe I'll google . Remember , the SKS was a 60 year old ww2 design when the went after it .

I'm debating a life membership at the moment and was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the NRA. Any life members here? Anyone completely against the NRA but recommends another gun rights association?
They just came out with a flex payment method for membership and I'm debating it now because its affordable both short and long term.
What are your thoughts?
What's there to debate about a payment plan for an NRA life membership?

The NRA does not compromise on gun rights, unless it is to mitigate the damage - the sunset provision of the 1994 AWB and the NICS provision of the Brady Act, for instance. This is as it should be as it is literally impossible to compromise w/ the anti-gun loons and there's no reason to let the camel's nose under the tent.

and guns don't need to suddenly be confiscated, just neuter the guns so that they don't serve their original designed purpose Bulldog . Hell , ban the Ammo for the AR15 and the high cap magazines and you make the gun useless for its intended '2nd Amendment' purpose . Impose stupid ergonomics so the AR is legal and you make the gun unshootable .

Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?

Do you have any idea how many dozens of different types of 5.56 ammo are available for the AR15?
Do you know how much .223 ammo prices jumped while the BATFE talked about banning SS109 rounds, just as the BATFE intended?

[

Claims that "They're coming to get your guns" is fear mongering.

That is exactly what the anti right to keep and bear arms movement is all about.

For instance, Obama tried to impose an "assault weapons" ban and that was most certainly about taking guns away from Americans. The initiative to impose "universal background checks" is a movement to require that Americans have to get permission from the government to purchase a firearm when it is a Constitutionally guaranteed right that cannot be infringed.

Both the Heller and McDonald court case were great examples of the government taking away the guns.

The recent filthy ass attempt to ban 50% of the .223 ammo in the country is a backdoor attempt to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

i could give more examples if you want.

The Liberals do want to take away the right to keep and bear because they are afraid of firearms and they don't understand the concept behind the Bill of Rights.

The NRA is a grassroots organization to protect Constitutionally guaranteed rights and no amount of Left Wing spin, lies and mischaracterization is going to change that.

Forum List

Back