What Can We Do With School Shooting?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
There have been 74 U.S. school shootings since Sandy Hook. 74!!!!

How many more before our leaders pass common-sense laws to prevent gun violence and save lives? Communities all over the country live in fear of gun violence. That’s unacceptable. We should feel secure in sending our children to school — comforted by the knowledge that they’re safe.

How many more before our leaders pass common-sense laws to prevent gun violence and save lives? Communities all over the country live in fear of gun violence. That’s unacceptable. We should feel secure in sending our children to school — comforted by the knowledge that they’re safe.

Debunked.

Have there been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook A closer look at a tricky statistic PolitiFact

You`re right Marty but I`m pretty sure we have more students leaving school in body bags than any other "developed" country.

"Common Sense".

Schools are already Gun Free and Drug Free Zones (except for prescription drugs which are encouraged). How long till 'muricans figure out it doesn't work?

You`re right Marty but I`m pretty sure we have more students leaving school in body bags than any other "developed" country.

really? how many deaths overall are in schools a year due to all causes, and how many of these are specifically related to firearms? I tried finding numbers but only found overall deaths, and the top 3 for kids 5-14 were accidents, cancer, and congenital deformations.

No, there haven't. That number is a fiction ginned up by that billionaire Bloomburg to try and gather support for his goal of gun control. If you want to prevent school shootings (as rare as they are) get rid of the stupid ban on guns at school that turn them into happy hunting grounds for the lawless.

Horse crap son, that study full of lies funded by Bloomberg was debunked by many sources including CNN within a day of it being released.

You really need to research your ideas for threads so as not to come out looking foolish

It's hard to take a poster serious when they post about something that was news 4-5 months ago and proven false atbthe time.

I can't wait to read your next Hoplophobe rant

I think that pee pee green is a paid shill working for Bloomy. All of his posts that I have seen are anti gun rants based on nothing but fictitious information.

I think that pee pee green is a paid shill working for Bloomy. All of his posts that I have seen are anti gun rants based on nothing but fictitious information.
If he is gettin paid someone should get a refund as everything he post gets proven false

Laws don't prevent crimes, they only punish perpetrators of what's now criminal. Murder's been illegal all along, but we still have lots of murders. Rape's illegal too and the US and indeed entire world are in the midst of a rape pandemic of unprecedented proportions.

Solution to crime isn't new laws. It's changing the culture itself. But as long as we in the US glorify violence (war et al.) and demonize pleasure, one will continue in lieu of the other. We've known this is what causes violence since after WWII when much study was done trying to understand how the Holocaust could have happened. That we haven't done anything about it knowing what would work tells me the violence is desired. Population control maybe, or sustaining government power by creating real threats the governed grant the governors more power to combat to keep them safe.

How many more before our leaders pass common-sense laws to prevent gun violence and save lives?
- I have a license to own a gun. To get that license I had to show a need to own a gun.
- I have a license to carry a gun. To get that license I had to undergo training and undergo a fingerprinted background check.
- All of my guns are registered; the state has their make, model, serial number and ballistic fingerprint on record.
- I had to undergo at least one background check before I bought all of my guns, including those I bought in private sales and those I bought from the federal government – which required fingerprints, as did my licenses to own and carry a gun.
- All of my guns and their magazines were purchased legally between 1995 and 2003.

How do these "common sense" gun control laws prevent me from shooting up a school or a mall or a movie theater?

How many more before our leaders pass common-sense laws to prevent gun violence and save lives?.
The benefit of "reasonable" gun control:

CA gun laws require that:
-All transfers must be through a dealer, thus...
-All transfers undergo a background check
-All transfers undergo a 10-day waiting period (ruled unconstitutional 8/2014)
-All firearms must be registered
-Handgun purchases require a handgun safety certificate-– a permit.that requires training and a test
-Ban on ‘assault weapons’, effective 1 JUN 1989
-Ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds
-Ban on NFA machineguns

% of murders in US committed with a firearm: 69.36 (8855/12765)
% of murders in CA committed with a firearm: 69.39 (1304/1879)

% US population in CA: 12.12%
% US murders in CA: 14.71
% US murders with a gun in CA 14.72

Aren't there enough laws on the books? Kids can't possess a firearm unless they are under the supervision of an adult. Crazy people can't obtain a weapon and convicted felons can't get a gun. What's left? Ignorant anti-2nd Amendment people becoming aware of existing laws? Naah.

The only proven tactic is for some little goth creep to realize he'll get shot dead himself....that stops it. Even those who plan to suicide themselves after a shooting spree have a hard time doing it. So insure a gun attack will result in a dead shooter. Metal detectors at the doors, metal screen the windows so they can open for fresh air but not so a pistol can be passed to an accomplice inside. Armed guard on each floor serving as a hall monitor....plenty of unemployed Vets to fill the positions. The prog's idiocy has once again been shown for what it is....only thing that eventually stops a shooter is another shooter.

Define school shooting.

Justice department calls a kid being caught in a gang crossfire while walking to school as a "school shooting".

Forum List

Back