What did you hear McCain and graham say?

Maybe Russia or Syria will then bomb the White House --------------- rather that then say Philadelphia...

If this works right, Syria and Iran both get a bloody nose, one physically the other morally.

You far righties and libertarians have to stop supporting Assad, the Baathists, Putin, Russia, and Iran.

first they would
1. have to actually be far right
2. start supporting Assad etc

Nonsense.

There’ll be no vote to authorize ‘war,’ that’s not what the president is seeking.

If anyone’s advocating war, it’s republicans, conservatives, and others on the right consistent with neo-con warmongering foreign policy, the proof of that are the statements made by McCain, Graham, and other Congressional republicans.

And those on the right who do oppose attacking Syria do so in opposition to Obama, not the proposed policy.

I will bet that more Democrats vote to go to "war" than Republicans in the House and the Senate.

I don't know what your definition of "war" is, but bombing a country with several hundred cruise missiles and blowing their stuff up fits my definition.

You have no idea what war is, then. Thank goodness for you.

This is a good approach to a bad situation.

Those who are backing Assad, the Baathists, the communists, are also backing Iran, I hope they understand.

He will be breaking International Law.

Obama has no right to play "world policeman" to punish Assad. I think this quote says it best.

And if you think anti American feelings ran high under Bush, wait to see what happens if Obama decides to just start bombing the shit out of Syria.

It is a case of breathtaking arrogance, a call for recognition that the US is not only the world's policeman but the world's enforcer.

:eusa_whistle:

His arrogance is duly noted. His power tripping is duly noted.

With a half-sentence that brushed the United Nations weapons inspectors aside and dismissed the security council for being "completely paralysed", Obama was saying in effect:

"We are the empire. Accept us."

Syria: the US public faces a grim reality TV choice | Jonathan Steele | Comment is free | The Guardian

Last edited:
I have to laugh, you people forgot that Iran and Iraq fought for EIGHT years to a silly standoff.

Iran is a paper tiger just like Iraq was.

They'll fall just as qiickly if they poke the American Bear too hard.

Last edited:
If this works right, Syria and Iran both get a bloody nose, one physically the other morally.

You far righties and libertarians have to stop supporting Assad, the Baathists, Putin, Russia, and Iran.

You far lefties have to stop supporting the Muslim Brotherhood (Egypt), the Taliban (Afghanistan) and Al Nusra (AQ) in Syria.

But you and your President just love and adore your radical Islamists don't you?

What we NEED to remember (and we NEVER do) is that just like the last 10 years we will NEVER fight a standing army over there, never.

It will always be street to street,house to house ans unless our Gov gets its head wrapped around that we cannot win.

If Assad puts his military in civilian neighborhoods to avoid bombardment and leaves civilians at strategic military targets as human shields...what happens if we just sit in a threatening posture, arm the "good" rebels and allow them to attack?

Nobody gives a fuck what either of them think....you boys should be worried that President Cracka is going to start a war.

Spoken like a true moronic partisan hack.

McCain and Graham are classic warmongering neo-cons, like most republicans and others on the right, they’re advocates of ‘preemptive strikes’ and ‘nation building,’ whether that nation likes it or not.

If Obama were a republican you and other conservatives would be in full support of an attack; you oppose attacking Syria not on the merits of such an action but in knee-jerk opposition to everything Obama.
No, I oppose any involvement in Syria because spineless progressives and RINO's will make a brave noise about this being the right thing to do, but as soon as a few bloody battles happen, they will cut and run and intentionally throw the fight for the sake of a few fucking votes.

I have the ability to learn.

No more good men and women should die for cowards and fucks who won't see a hard task through to the end.

Anyone who thinks that we'll ever actually try to win a conflict is a moron given the current climate of our political leadership.

I say cut and run before we kill any more good men and women. Because this country no longer knows how to win.

If Assad puts his military in civilian neighborhoods to avoid bombardment and leaves civilians at strategic military targets as human shields...what happens if we just sit in a threatening posture, arm the "good" rebels and allow them to attack?

Forget what I asked...I am beginning to over think the problem.

Darkwind, that is why the cruise missiles.

Yes, you are able to learn. Good for you.

Cruise Missiles to bomb and kill Syrians to punish Assad for killing Syrians.:lol:

Only libs could come up with this. You're freaking whacked out.

I have to keep remembering how you and your President embrace drone assassinations on a regular basis.

You really a blood thirsty lot.

Last edited:
What I did not hear McCain or Graham say was that two months ago Syrian rebels were caught with sarin on the Turkish border.

Address that first.

What I did not hear McCain or Graham say was that two months ago Syrian rebels were caught with sarin on the Turkish border.

Address that first.

I just fell into this. Most interesting. And what I find truly fascinating that I have not read in any paper here is that Russia has been calling for a meeting nicknamed Geneva II where all parties concerned in Syria could meet and attempt a peaceful dialogue.

Especially note my red highlight because this article is dated June 6, 2013 and is this prophetic or what?

Russia asks Turkey for info on sarin terrorists

6 June 2013

Russia has called on Turkey to share its findings in the case of Syrian rebels who were seized on the Turkish-Syrian border with a 2kg cylinder full of nerve gas sarin.

Russia’s top foreign official Sergei Lavrov tolday said the Kremlin wanted to get clear on the issue of chemical weapons used in Syria, since the allegation had taken on the role of a trading card in the conflict, becoming a focus of constant provocations.

“I do not rule out that some force may want to use it [the rumour] to say that the “red line” has been crossed and a foreign intervention is needed,” the minister said.

Russia asks Turkey for info on sarin terrorists, 6 June 2013

Cruise Missiles to bomb and kill Syrians to punish Assad for killing Syrians.:lol:

I have to keep remembering how you and your President embrace drone assassinations on a regular basis.

Syrian children, TinyDancer. I am not concerned at all about far right logic, for there is little of that on the board and most of it scrambled

If you support Syria or "neutrality", then you supporting killing kids.

Syrian children, TinyDancer. I am not concerned at all about far right logic, for there is little of that on the board and most of it scrambled

If you support Syria or "neutrality", then you supporting killing kids.

There is no proof to date that Assad is guilty of this attack. But you want to bomb the shit out of innocent civilians to punish Assad for maybe having killed innocent civilians with chemical weapons.

You don't want to wait for the UN Chemical Weapons Investigators report. How rash of you.

Just bomb away without any hard evidence that Assad is guilty. But then your President assassinates individuals continuously. One suspected terrorist and 20 family members seem to be the ratio with the drone assassinations.

You lefties just seem to adore Obama for the drone kills but still have unmitigated gall to bitch about waterboarding.

Hypocrisy thy name is liberal.

BTW Kerry's numbers are hugely inflated.

Doctors without Borders who were on the ground put the death toll at less than 400.

tinydance, keep up those little tiny steps.

You are denying reality.

Last edited:
Nobody gives a fuck what either of them think....you boys should be worried that President Cracka is going to start a war.

Spoken like a true moronic partisan hack.

McCain and Graham are classic warmongering neo-cons, like most republicans and others on the right, they’re advocates of ‘preemptive strikes’ and ‘nation building,’ whether that nation likes it or not.

If Obama were a republican you and other conservatives would be in full support of an attack; you oppose attacking Syria not on the merits of such an action but in knee-jerk opposition to everything Obama.

It has nothing to do with the united states. O is a necon just like mccain and graham. There are no merits to intervene in their civil war.

Forum List

Back