What do you say if a Police Officer asks....

What Do you Say to the Police When Asked "Do you know how fast you were going?"

• How fast you were going

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The speed limit

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why do you ask?

• It this a trick question?

• Let me ask my wife

• I had a leg spasm

• Something else

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... do you know how fast you were going? ... when you get pulled over for speeding?

.... do you know how fast you were going? ... when you get pulled over for speeding?

" Doughnut " ~ Gabriel Iglesias

If you never seen his show well it was funny when he told about when he offer the Officer a Doughnut after being pulled over for speeding...

As for me I have looked at the officer and told him that I was speeding and just write me the ticket and it will be another ten years before my next one...

" Doughnut " ~ Gabriel Iglesias

If you never seen his show well it was funny when he told about when he offer the Officer a Doughnut after being pulled over for speeding...

As for me I have looked at the officer and told him that I was speeding and just write me the ticket and it will be another ten years before my next one...

I honestly did not know. Hubby told me it's because if you admit to speeding you don't have to go to court, it's like a confession.... but I figure, either way you are getting a ticket. You just won't be able to contest it if you say you were speeding. I like the leg spasm thing. I will have to try that (but it's been over 10 years since I had one...) - a ticket I mean, not a leg spasm :)

I would say I was trying to stay at X (the given speed limit, to let the police know I am aware of the speed on that road and generally drive that speed).
Then I ask was I going over and apologize, as I didn't mean to.

If it's late at night I might explain that I was trying to get home as quick as possible instead of driving alone on the road that late.

If it's just a check up to make sure I'm not some person running around doing something illicit,
I thank the officer for checking and doing their job.

Another good one is....Have you been drinking?

It is another way of asking..... Can I give you a breathalyzer?

Ask if a handy will make him forgot about this silly misunderstanding. lol

I watch "Cops" a lot

I love it when a cop pulls someone over (the guy is never wearing a shirt) and asks "Can I search your car?"

The guy says yes and the cop finds drugs or a gun

Why would you say yes if you knew you had drugs/guns in the car?
How stupid can people be?

I watch "Cops" a lot

I love it when a cop pulls someone over (the guy is never wearing a shirt) and asks "Can I search your car?"

If a cop asks you to step out you roll up the windows then lock the doors after you get out

Then keep your fucking mouth shut

I watch "Cops" a lot

But if you say NO..... You can't search my car. What do you think the cop would do?

Honestly, I may look at my speedometer a couple of times a week
I don't know how fast I am going or what the speed limit is on a given stretch of road

I move at a prudent, safe speed and maintain a safe buffer with the car in front of me

I have not had a speeding ticket in over 20 years

I watch "Cops" a lot

But if you say NO..... You can't search my car. What do you think the cop would do?

Well, then he needs to obtain a search warrant and provide probable cause on why he needs to search your car

He can hold you up while he radios in and may try to get a K9 unit to sniff your car and provide probable cause. Depending on how available a K9 unit may be or how busy the officer is....he may just let you go
If an officer spends over an hour on a stop and then ties up other units in a fruitless search, he will be less likely to demand a search

Forum List

Back