What do YOU take away from the events in Boston this week?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Try to refrain from arguing right off the bat and just express what if anything this week has ment to you.

Myself it proves that the Govt can't protect it's own people because it's incapable of connecting the dots.

It's also shown me that the Patriot Act was a pointless overreach when compared to the results it's netted.

One last observation. Our gov't has gotten so big it is incapable of functioning properly for the good of the people.

That unless we start some sensible policies and get rid of our political correct stupidity, we will continue to suffer these acts. We need to profile, we need to secure the borders, we need to identify those that perpetrate, encourage and breed these animals.

Until that happens, welcome to the new normal.

Try to refrain from arguing right off the bat and just express what if anything this week has ment to you.

Myself it proves that the Govt can't protect it's own people because it's incapable of connecting the dots.

It's also shown me that the Patriot Act was a pointless overreach when compared to the results it's netted.

One last observation. Our gov't has gotten so big it is incapable of functioning properly for the good of the people.

My first reaction was right. Muslims!

Two terrorists and a potential small network of people supporting them caught the government napping and a few innocent people were murdered and several had their lives destroyed.

I do think the government acted well to nab the terrorists and it was utterly fascinating to have so much second by second first hand information. The internet knew what was happening sometimes two to three hours before the mainstream media did.

The biggest thing about this is oddly the technological revolution we witnessed and how that's going to impact the future. Despite the government's efforts to shut down internet police scanner feeds, there was 2.1 million people watching when the police napped suspect two. Within minutes of the gunfights happening in Watertown, there was video uploaded of it to the internet. Largely within minutes of any big story breaking there were pictures of it online. Also we were able to follow the story moment by moment not only on the police scanners and internet forums but also on Google Maps and through pirate feeds. At the time of the arrest, I had three TV feeds, four internet message boards and the police scanner feed all going at the same time. The internet's ability to gain information now surpasses any mainstream media outlets. It's unbelievable to think how powerful this is and when something happens we're all anon.

I heard an FBI official state today that there are hundreds, then they stated thousands out there in America that sympathize with terrorist groups and that simply sympathizing with them, as they thought of this guy as only being, can't allow for any real action.

Two terrorists and a potential small network of people supporting them caught the government napping and a few innocent people were murdered and several had their lives destroyed.

I do think the government acted well to nab the terrorists and it was utterly fascinating to have so much second by second first hand information. The internet knew what was happening sometimes two to three hours before the mainstream media did.

The biggest thing about this is oddly the technological revolution we witnessed and how that's going to impact the future. Despite the government's efforts to shut down internet police scanner feeds, there was 2.1 million people watching when the police napped suspect two. Within minutes of the gunfights happening in Watertown, there was video uploaded of it to the internet. Largely within minutes of any big story breaking there were pictures of it online. Also we were able to follow the story moment by moment not only on the police scanners and internet forums but also on Google Maps and through pirate feeds. At the time of the arrest, I had three TV feeds, four internet message boards and the police scanner feed all going at the same time. The internet's ability to gain information now surpasses any mainstream media outlets. It's unbelievable to think how powerful this is and when something happens we're all anon.

Good observation on the "new" media.

I think that carries alot of negatives with it however.

That innocent life is vulnerable to maniacs who don't give a rip who they kill to make a point.

That's about it

This week reaffirmed that we live in a free society. It also reaffirmed that we live in a lawful society.

Those fuckers were free to act. They were then met with the consequences of their actions.

It is how it should be.

My takeaway is that the Boston area police departments and the FBI did an outstanding job in bringing these monsters to justice

I would like to know why the FBI originally said they had never had any contact with either of the killers. They only came out and admitted it after their mother stated on live tv that the older son had been talked to by them a couple of times a couple of years ago.

Shit happens.
Sometimes really bad shit happens.
Either we remain a free society grounded in liberty, or we dont.
Best guess? The state will use this as an excuse to expand their powers yet again and the sheep will applaud.

I took away that liberals and the liberal liber media got a woody between their legs when they fantasied about the bomber being a white guy.

We need background checks for all potential immigrants. Islamic people should not be allowed.

Those were work days for me, so I wan't watching live feeds and reading forums. But I did notice that on this forum when I read it after hours there are a lot who so wanted to make this a 'right wing Christian' attack. And, once again, they just couldn't make it happen.

Yep. Ern, it was muslims. And I was not surprised.

The biggest thing I've taken away....

I think the last week has highlighted a major problem with the 24-hour News cycle and the Partisan Entertainment Complex. The amount of completely incorrect information that was released by various news sources was staggering - as was the amount of politically based "speculation" fed by that incorrect information.

The biggest thing I've taken away....

I think the last week has highlighted a major problem with the 24-hour News cycle and the Partisan Entertainment Complex. The amount of completely incorrect information that was released by various news sources was staggering - as was the amount of politically based "speculation" fed by that incorrect information.

A lot of which was right here on this forum.

Shit happens.
Sometimes really bad shit happens.
Either we remain a free society grounded in liberty, or we dont.
Best guess? The state will use this as an excuse to expand their powers yet again and the sheep will applaud.

Like so:

That unless we start some sensible policies and get rid of our political correct stupidity, we will continue to suffer these acts. We need to profile, we need to secure the borders, we need to identify those that perpetrate, encourage and breed these animals.

Until that happens, welcome to the new normal.
We need background checks for all potential immigrants. Islamic people should not be allowed.

What I got out it was.....we bicker and fight and argue with each other but in a pinch..we drop differences and help each other because we are Americans. That is what we do.
Second thing was....take everything reported with a grain of salt.
Third...our LE was on the ball and it made me proud.
Fourth....muslims. They will never stop. It isn't in their so called religion. They live to hate.

I learned that the salivating leftist news media was desperately hoping that they could use this incident for political gain !! hell they were promoting the idea of right wing extremists before the ambulances showed up at the marathon !! the left hates the right more than the muslim terrorists that committed the bombings.

Forum List

Back