What does George Washington have to do with you eating oxtails?

I will simply say this.

Your friend was bullshitting you.

I've been eating Oxtail for decades, since I was a young child.

I eat oxtail every other week from a Jamican place across the street from where I work if I am not getting their curry goat.

Oxtail is good when prepped right.

Thanks OS...Bob and Ron had me going for a while...

When a gourmet chef who owns his own restaurant in Beverly Hills serves me what amounts to ox cartilage, fat, and water, I would send it back if it were not for the significance of the George Washington story.

I have documented the George Washington story several times in this thread. It does not surprise me in the least the number of posters who have missed the message of this thread about Valley Forge. Enjoy your fantasy squabbles. I am used to the noise of ignorance.

valley_forge.jpg

Hmmm..... Wonder why Washington was praying at Valley Forge?
Did the Filet Mignon have too much gristle?​

The OP

Bob, one of the big shots at my office, has a life partner, Ron, who owns a fashionable gourmet restaurant in Beverly Hills. An invitation to their home is a gourmet delight, and a chance to meet successful, interesting people. Their dining table seats 24, (yep, life at the top).

220px-Raw_oxtail-01.jpg

My wife and I were told the dinner would feature the gourmet treat Oxtail. Oxtail: What It Is, And What To Do With It | The Kitchn When it was served, it was one of the worst things I had ever tasted. It nearly made me sick. When asked my opinion, I brushed it off politely, but my wife, as always, gave her honest negative reaction, and there was open laughter around the table.

Bob then told us that you do not eat oxtail for a pleasant dining experience, you do it out of respect for George Washington and his soldiers at Valley Forge. It was all they had to eat on many nights. It was that or starvation. Those brave soldiers stuck with Washington that awful winter so they could fight for the American freedoms we now enjoy. Valley Forge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Invite me for Oxtail today, I will clean my plate.

valley_forge_picture.jpg.jpg

Some in the upper class are committed to their politics.​

Forum List

Back