What does the Bible says about the concept of free will?

God is in charge of the Universe. Only God has true free will to do as He pleases. Man only have the illusion of free will. However, man, bound by time, can only live in the present moment. Thus, from man's perspective, the illusion of free will is functionally real free will.

who made you post that?....

MaxGirt chose to post that. Maxgrit chose the words. If MaxGrit would have asked for help to find the most excellent words He would have helped. If MaxGrit would have searched for the most hurtful words he could possibly find MaxGrit might have got help for those also, but not from Him.

What I find interesting is that the OP asked what the Bible says about the concept of free will and he is the one who hasn't actually pointed to a verse where the Bible supports his position.

The thread title clearly stated my intention to see what verses are related to the concept of man's free will.

Holy Spirit taught me about free will; it's clear to me how human free will works. I am blessed to have the best teacher teaching me.

I see a lot of people misunderstand the whole issue and I wanted to see why that is.

Last edited:

If God did so, you are not accountable for your actions. None of us are.

If we are not accountable for our actions, then God is not just for punishing us.

If God is not just, He ceases to be God.

That's a simple argument, easy to understand, and wrong. The argument started with a faulty initial premise. The initial premise uses a logical fallacy: false dilemma.

Last edited:

If we are not accountable for our actions, then God is not just for punishing us.

That's a simple argument, easy to understand, and wrong. The argument started with a faulty initial premise. The initial premise uses a logical fallacy: false dilemma.

So what is the third choice?

You walk down a path and see that the path forks into 2 different paths leading in different directions. You cannot go off the path. What are your options, at the fork, of where you can go?

Last edited:

You walk down a path and see that the path forks into 2 different paths leading in different directions. You cannot go off the path. What are your options, at the fork, of where you can go?

In other words, you don't have one.

You choose to believe in God or not to believe or you made no decision which really means not believing. What other choice do you want? It isn't like you can invent a third choice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back