What does the GOP Stand For, and do you feel they put our citizens first?

Do you believe the Republican Party puts their party before you and your family?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Putting Wisconsin voters at risk by playing politics and forcing the voters to wait in long lines and stand for hours to vote, was not a very smart tactic in the run up to the General Election.

Even as more that half a dozen other states did move their primary election in support of the health and well being of their voters, what is a cheese head (CH) to think?

[for the record, my wife was born and raised in Ozaukee County, and graduated from UW Madison; I use CH lovingly]

"T
he 2016 United States presidential election in Wisconsin was held on November 8, 2016, as part of the 2016 United States presidential election in which all 50 states plus the District of Columbia participated. Wisconsin voters chose electors to represent them in the Electoral College via a popular vote pitting Republican Party nominee Donald Trump against Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton.

On April 5, 2016, in the presidential primaries, Wisconsin voters expressed their preferences for the Democratic and Republican Parties' respective nominees for president in an open primary; voters were allowed to vote in either party's primary regardless of their own party affiliation. Bernie Sanders prevailed in Wisconsin's Democratic primary, while Ted Cruz won Wisconsin's Republican primary.

In the general election, Donald Trump unexpectedly won Wisconsin by a narrow margin of 0.77%, with 47.22% of the total votes over the 46.45% of Hillary Clinton. Wisconsin was the tipping-point state of the 2016 election; that is, when the state was called for Trump, its 10 Electoral College votes brought Trump's electoral vote total to 270 (the amount needed to win the national election).
[2]

Putting Wisconsin voters at risk by playing politics and forcing the voters to wait in long lines and stand for hours to vote, was not a very smart tactic in the run up to the General Election.

Even as more that half a dozen other states did move their primary election in support of the health and well being of their voters, what is a cheese head (CH) to think?

[for the record, my wife was born and raised in Ozaukee County, and graduated from UW Madison; I use CH lovingly]

"T
he 2016 United States presidential election in Wisconsin was held on November 8, 2016, as part of the 2016 United States presidential election in which all 50 states plus the District of Columbia participated. Wisconsin voters chose electors to represent them in the Electoral College via a popular vote pitting Republican Party nominee Donald Trump against Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton.

On April 5, 2016, in the presidential primaries, Wisconsin voters expressed their preferences for the Democratic and Republican Parties' respective nominees for president in an open primary; voters were allowed to vote in either party's primary regardless of their own party affiliation. Bernie Sanders prevailed in Wisconsin's Democratic primary, while Ted Cruz won Wisconsin's Republican primary.

In the general election, Donald Trump unexpectedly won Wisconsin by a narrow margin of 0.77%, with 47.22% of the total votes over the 46.45% of Hillary Clinton. Wisconsin was the tipping-point state of the 2016 election; that is, when the state was called for Trump, its 10 Electoral College votes brought Trump's electoral vote total to 270 (the amount needed to win the national election).
[2]

The dems kicked Gop ass in 2018 but the State is so gerrymandered the GOP held onto the State House.

In the weeks following the election, Wisconsin’s legislative districts came under wide scrutiny as an example of gerrymandering due to the fact that while Republicans won a fairly wide majority in the Wisconsin State Assembly, the Democrats garnered nearly 9 percent more of the overall statewide vote. [19] [20] In addition, Wisconsin was notable for being the only state in the 2018 elections where Republicans won a majority of the state’s seats in the U.S. House while Democrats won a majority of the overall votes.

"T

[2]

I am not from Wisconsin, but the subtlety or lack there of, was not lost on me 600 miles away. There is nothing like political hardball at the height of an epidemic to impress the electorate. Just one more reason to get this regime out of Washington.

"T

[2]

What's going on here didn't you publish this OP a few days ago?

Trump is a one election trick.

The American people will not let it happen again!
We can’t afford to let it happen. All he has delivered is more debt and now a closed down country.

Agree if the Messiah was still president he would of stopped it in its tracks, built the wall, banned travel, banned gay sex and revised his cash for clunkers and kick start the economy.

"T

[2]

Don't understand your gripe here. Is it that Bernie WON Wisconsin? Is it that "long lines" at polls are a BAD thing? If so -- the states are doing it ALL wrong because the staffing/machines are CALCULATED to be for "normal turnouts"... Not a Repub thing at all...

BTW -- I HAVE a cheesehead in my closet that the Inlaws sent me back when the Packers beat the 49ers... So I've very familar with the politics and culture up there. THEY are pissed.. But not necessarily at Trump or Repubs..

It's time you realized that primaries are INCREASINGLY irrelevant.. Because all YOU GOT is a semi-senile smack talking 78 yr old with no political convictions to OFFER the 45% of Wisconsin (or other state) voters who have FLED both the Dem and Repub parties.. THe "Big Middle" is NOW in firm control of elections.. NOT the rabid partisan hordes...

And that's why polling sucks wind now.. Because most of polling agencies don't WEIGHT the Big Middle high enough in there sampling...

"T

[2]

BTW fellow cheesehead... lol Did you notice the vote TOTAL for the General for Trump and Clinton?? Betcha you did not... If you don't believe what I'm telling you about folks BAILING from both parties and you're whining about Trump's "slim margin" of 0.77% -- WHY can ignore the ENTIRE SIX PERCENT of Wisconsin that voted for NEITHER Trump NOR Clinton???

Need an answer to that... Because those PEOPLE are more than 5 times HIGHER than "trump's victory"??????

BTW -- I HAVE a cheesehead in my closet that the Inlaws sent me back when the Packers beat the 49ers... So I've very familar with the politics and culture up there. THEY are pissed.. But not necessarily at Trump or Repubs..

It's time you realized that primaries are INCREASINGLY irrelevant.. Because all YOU GOT is a semi-senile smack talking 78 yr old with no political convictions to OFFER the 45% of Wisconsin (or other state) voters who have FLED both the Dem and Repub parties.. THe "Big Middle" is NOW in firm control of elections.. NOT the rabid partisan hordes...

And that's why polling sucks wind now.. Because most of polling agencies don't WEIGHT the Big Middle high enough in there sampling...
The middle can see all trump has delivered is deficits and partisan garbage.

The middle can see all trump has delivered is deficits and partisan garbage.

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

I say this as a guy that's been working for 3rd party and Independent ballot for about 28 yrs now...

The Dems have so MANY self-inflicted wounds caused by political garbage, that YOU really have NO TIME to worry about Trump... YOU need to go whoop some ass in your OWN party and find a cure for TDS pronto... Biden is NOT an option for most of "the middle"... The derangement may be SOOO damn strong, that the lemmings can't see this..

Wow, so even after getting your ass handed to you yesterday for completely mischaracterizing this situation and essentially conceding you jumped the gun on judgment, not even 24 hours later you're back and now doubling down on your original position.

Astonishing.

And yet, you're completely incapable of understanding why so many people here won't give your opinions the time of day.

Dems, GOPers, it’s so cute when the easily fooled think there is a significant difference in their goals or methods.
So you think fighting over Supreme court nominees is just for show, fighting over Obamacare is just for show??? Are you insane?? GOP is for freedom while left is for government! Total opposites, and now you know it too.

Last edited:

Dems, GOPers, it’s so cute when the easily fooled think there is a significant difference in their goals or methods.
So you think fighting over Supreme court nominees is just for show, fighting over Obamacare is just for show??? Are you insane??

Depends on HOW you fight for SUpreme ct nominees.. America would LOVE YOU if the fight was about principles and the LAW... But if your fight is "tossing women like hand grenades" at the nominee for something that happened in HIGH SCHOOL -- they're just gonna laugh at you and KNOW your party brings nothing of value to the process...

That's ONE of the self inflicted wounds you don't even feel.. But you WILL... And the relationship of that to Avennati -- remember when he was HERO that CNN/MSLSD was promoting for PREZ?? That's another wound you'll be feeling eventually when there is a cure for TDS...

So you think fighting over Supreme court nominees is just for show, fighting over Obamacare is just for show??? Are you insane?? GOP is for freedom while left is for government! Total opposites, and now you know it too.
The really funny thing about that silly screed is that you probably believe it.

if its not true present your reasoning or admit you lack the IQ to defend what you said with your silence or further attempts to change subject.

if its not true present your reasoning or admit you lack the IQ to defend what you said with your silence or further attempts to change subject.
3ADE12E4-F7DD-4652-A747-C247F2EEC9BE.jpeg

24 trillion of bipartisan supported debt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back