What happened to the CIA World Fact Book online on January 19, 2021, day before trump left office?

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
I do not know if most of you or any of you keep references on our desktops or browser bookmarks, to have quick access to general facts about countries of the world, their government, economic power, energy production/use, basically just wide ranging statistical information and world rankings at your finger tips. I do. The CIA World Fact book was handy and easy to navigate. On January 19th, 2021, that changed. Does anyone know why?
1611854087871.png

I do not know if most of you or any of you keep references on our desktops or browser bookmarks, to have quick access to general facts about countries of the world, their government, economic power, energy production/use, basically just wide ranging statistical information and world rankings at your finger tips. I do. The CIA World Fact book was handy and easy to navigate. On January 19th, 2021, that changed. Does anyone know why?
View attachment 449703
maybe they simply changed the link structure.

View attachment 449703

That's what they want you to think!

View attachment 449703

They did that, to say the least. Try using the search field for a country and see what you get. No more map to click on either.

View attachment 449703

They did that, to say the least. Try using the search field for a country and see what you get. No more map to click on either.
just did that for Germany. there is a map.

they also issue a travel warning due to terrorism. LOL

View attachment 449703

You used to be able to click on a political map of the world and have that country pulled up, type in the name of a country, or pick from a list that did not have to stop after "Armenia" to have you click on next page. Not the same level of user friendliness, at all.
If you have a different link, to original functionality but with latest information, I would love to have it.

View attachment 449703

You used to be able to click on a political map of the world and have that country pulled up, type in the name of a country, or pick from a list that did not have to stop after "Armenia" to have you click on next page. Not the same level of user friendliness, at all.
If you have a different link, to original functionality but with latest information, I would love to have it.
sorry, i have never used that source. they obviously are reorganizing.

still laughing at the terror warning for germany.

View attachment 449703

But not next door in Poland.

View attachment 449703
New link

View attachment 449703

sorry, i have never used that source. they obviously are reorganizing.

still laughing at the terror warning for germany.
Did you see the one put out for United States yesterday? It is about domestic, put out by DHS.
I used the CIA website this morning to contact and inquire. Have no idea whether they will respond or not. Suspect you are correct about the "reorganizing" and also asked if it was planned to return to similar functionality in the future.

View attachment 449703
New link
Yes. Got there, but nowhere near as easy to navigate or concise access to tabular data as before.

Forum List

Back