What happens if Biden gets the Dem nomination and then steps down for health reasons?

Leweman

Platinum Member
Aug 5, 2010
Maybe this has already been discussed. Is he replaced by his named running mate? Does Bernie take his place? Does someone else takeover. Do the Dems not bother? With Bidens mental health in obvious decline, I'm curious what the protocol would be. Has something like that happened before?

If it is before the Convention, they will pick a new candidate at the convention

If either Trump or Biden dies after the convention, the Vice Presidential candidate would run

If it is before the Convention, they will pick a new candidate at the convention

If either Trump or Biden dies after the convention, the Vice Presidential candidate would run

I guess it's a pretty easy answer then. No different than if he were already President. Thanks.

Maybe this has already been discussed. Is he replaced by his named running mate? Does Bernie take his place? Does someone else takeover. Do the Dems not bother? With Bidens mental health in obvious decline, I'm curious what the protocol would be. Has something like that happened before?
IMO, they'll want to keep him propped up until 2023, when the veep can take over and possibly run for two more terms....Powerlust is a terrible thing.

His named running mate, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, becomes President.

We'll be fine.

I don't think physical health will be a problem for him. The better question is what if Durham's investigation leads to charges against Joe? Then they nominated a guy that faces prosecution.

They would have no choice but to give it to Sander's. They wouldn't want to lose those voters.

They will just CGI him. They do it with actors all the time.

IMO, they'll want to keep him propped up until 2023, when the veep can take over and possibly run for two more terms....Powerlust is a terrible thing.

I do not see any chance of him actually winning. Just was curious what happens if he steps down before election day but after he is nominated by the Dems.

I do not see any chance of him actually winning. Just was curious what happens if he steps down before election day but after he is nominated by the Dems.
I don't see him winning either...Was just describing the optimum scenario for them should that happen.

I think the game is to name "Big Mike" Obama as his Vice-Presidential running mate. (It's their only hope now to beat Trump.)

If that works, they will invoke the 25th Amendment on him within a few months of his first year.

And then Barack Obama will effectively be running the country again.

When FDR was incapacitated, Eleanor took over the reins. Same with Reagan the end of his administration.

That’s why his health should be an issue....just like it was when McCain ran.

yet the health of the obese 73 year old that eats fast food all the time is not an issue? :21::21::21::21::21:

you people are so transparent

Weekend at Bernies......Joe the dink

Not necessarily, it would really be up to the DNC on this. Probably most likely it would be the VP candidate, but that's no guarantee.

If its after the election day in November and before the meeting of the Electoral college, it would be up to the electors who are the real people elected on Election Day after all. Of course it would be pretty irrelevant if Trump already had the majority in the electoral college.

If it happened after the college had met, it would go to the House of Reps

Any one can die, their political party is no help, all are real old white men, banana peels close at hand.

That’s why his health should be an issue....just like it was when McCain ran.

yet the health of the obese 73 year old that eats fast food all the time is not an issue? :21::21::21::21::21:

you people are so transparent

We try to look on the bright side. If Joe is nominated, that will end the Democrats constant insistence that a President should have to endure a mental examination to determine competency. :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back