What has happened to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us must mean the other team......
Doesn’t have to.

Us is all of us in the madhouse that is politics today.
No, this is an attempt to create a collective sense of guilt. By choosing to make everyone else to blame then the issues are never actually addressed. It's a diversionary tactic so that you can reflect on yourself instead or blame the other team.

Flashback: We wouldn't have to go to invade Iraq if you people didn't drive SUVs.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?
Diversity is what is happening. But don’t worry... “It’s our strength”. Lol...
Diversity has been with us a long long time. It isn’t new.

When a radical leftist posts a thread asking "what has happened to US", while only pointing fingers at THEM, it fails in the very purpose it pretends to address.

This is not introspection. It is grandstanding partisanship masquerading as something it is not. If people want to know what has happened to US, they need to look at themselves, not others.
Have you set an example and looked at yourself?

I'm an independent. I don't indulge in all that hyper-partisan crap as do the vast majority of people here.

Good grief, your fellow leftists are indulging in EXACTLY the sort of rhetoric that is purportedly the subject of your thread, yet not a peep from you because they are on YOUR side.

Doesn’t have to.

No, this is an attempt to create a collective sense of guilt. By choosing to make everyone else to blame then the issues are never actually addressed. It's a diversionary tactic so that you can reflect on yourself instead or blame the other team.

Flashback: We wouldn't have to go to invade Iraq if you people didn't drive SUVs.
What team are you blaming?

When a radical leftist posts a thread asking "what has happened to US", while only pointing fingers at THEM, it fails in the very purpose it pretends to address.

This is not introspection. It is grandstanding partisanship masquerading as something it is not. If people want to know what has happened to US, they need to look at themselves, not others.
Have you set an example and looked at yourself?

I'm an independent. I don't indulge in all that hyper-partisan crap as do the vast majority of people here.

Good grief, your fellow leftists are indulging in EXACTLY the sort of rhetoric that is purportedly the subject of your thread, yet not a peep from you because they are on YOUR side.
In other words you have not looked at yourself. Best take care of your own glass house before flinging more stones.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

A Florida man was arrested after sending mail bombs to prominent Democrats and Trump critics. His online activity was full of hateful rhetoric targeting Democrats and minorities.

A man with a history of violence shot and killed two African-Americans in a Kentucky Kroger store following a failed attempt to barge into a black church.

And Saturday morning, a man shouting anti-Semitic slurs opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11 people attending Jewish services.

What is happening to us?
Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Rupert Murdock, rush Limbaugh, those are the things that happened to us. They took terms like "libtard" and "feminazi" and made them ok to say on the air and the street. They made a career of demonizing the other side. They made it ok, even easy, to hate. They mainsteamed conspiracy theories and racism. And mostly, from my point of view, because there was a black man in the white house.

Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Rupert Murdock, rush Limbaugh, those are the things that happened to us.

Free speech made it happen?

Views opposing yours made it happen?

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?
You keep railing against diversity. But we've been a diverse country since our beginning. How do you intend on fixing that?

Doesn’t have to.

What team are you blaming?

Nancy Grace Drama Club.

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

CNN, MSNBC, NY Time, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times.

People are blasted with 24/7 demagoguery from hate filled leftists who have zero integrity.

We're on it right now, Coyote. Social media and anonymous sites are giving people a chance to nurture their hate. This country has made a poor choice with its interpretation of the 1st Amendment, as well, and allows speech that is way outside the realm of acceptable discourse. Put the two together and you've got.....this past week.

That is what is so tricky...free speech. Unlike the past, everyone can have a platform and a worldwide audience.

How do we protect free speech without legitimizing the whackos?

Private entities can do it through their TOS agreements, but governments run great risks of partisan persecution.
I understand the risks, but I think in a country like ours there are built in safeguards against partisan prosecution. Germany managed it:
“Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.” This is the clear mandate in Article 1 of the German Basic Law, in which Germany acknowledges “inviolable and inalienable human rights” as “the basis of every community, of peace and of justice in the world”.
Protection of Human Rights

They seem to continue to have pretty boisterous political debate. Yet hate speech is verboten. I think it could be done.
------------------------------- hate speech is simply an OPINION . We have FREE Speech in the USA and thats it . in 'germany' if you dress up as 'hitler' you will be arrested from what i hear . USA is simply superior Old Lady .

We're on it right now, Coyote. Social media and anonymous sites are giving people a chance to nurture their hate. This country has made a poor choice with its interpretation of the 1st Amendment, as well, and allows speech that is way outside the realm of acceptable discourse. Put the two together and you've got.....this past week.

That is what is so tricky...free speech. Unlike the past, everyone can have a platform and a worldwide audience.

How do we protect free speech without legitimizing the whackos?

Private entities can do it through their TOS agreements, but governments run great risks of partisan persecution.
I understand the risks, but I think in a country like ours there are built in safeguards against partisan prosecution. Germany managed it:
“Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.” This is the clear mandate in Article 1 of the German Basic Law, in which Germany acknowledges “inviolable and inalienable human rights” as “the basis of every community, of peace and of justice in the world”.
Protection of Human Rights

They seem to continue to have pretty boisterous political debate. Yet hate speech is verboten. I think it could be done.

I am not so sure. For one, I feel if hate is driven underground, it festers unchallenged. Its followers are legitimized as persecuted purveyors of “truth”. I think it needs to be challenged in the open with one caveat. Calling for violence. That should be verboten.

The other aspect is what constitutes hate speech. I think there is a lot of danger in a government legislating that.

The way to change is to change public thought about it not to inact more laws imo.

EVERY TIME, I disagree with a democrat, I am called a vile hateful name of some sort, such as racist or nazis.

That makes me very mad and makes me look at them as the enemy.

You want to stop the hate and division, stop believing that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be Evil.
Correll, you know Coyote doesn't believe that.

EVERY TIME. Not one liberal on this site does not play that game.
Well, if you are one of those White Nationalists, the shoe fits. I don't try to keep you folks straight, so I wouldn't dare to guess.

I don't think it's about Nationalism, anti- Semitism, or Authoritarianism.

I just think Anglo- Saxon tribes are nuts.

I made a thead below proving its not the beliefs ir government it us the people & their bad genes.

Non-Violent Authoritarian/Anti-Semite regime.

As. I pointed out Poland had the same policies as Nazi's in the 1930s & killed basically none Because Poles are Humans & Germans are something else.

You use a broad brush....not all Germans were Nazis
and not all racists and KKKers are bad people either

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

You do realize this is mild.

This is NOT the sh1t hitting the FAN YET.

Why not check out Poland WW2 for multIculturalism great failure.

Everybody was killing their neighbors over ethnicity.

Germans living in Poland were killing their neighbors in Poland as this instigated Bromberg Massacre & local Germans in Poland were killing Poles in Operatipn Tannenberg.

Jews / Belarussians living in Poland were killing their Polish neighbors ib the Skidel Revolt & the Massacre if Brzostowica.

Ukrainians living in Poland were killing their Polish neighbors in Wolyn Massacre.

Lithuainians were killing their Polish neighbors in the Ponary Massacre.

Following WW2 Jews like Jakub Berman & Salomon Morel killed thousands of Poled & vice versa in the Kielce Pogrom.
Not sure it is comparable. The US has a long history of multiculturalism and immigration that formed us as a nation. Europe on the other hand has a long history of conquests, programs, wars and religious divisions leading to war.

We came to America like Genghis Khan, and rolled over the Natives like he did most of the known world in his time.

(granted, we were a tad less bloodthirsty, but not by much)

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?
Diversity has been with us a long long time. It isn’t new.
-------------------------------------- diversity used to be pretty similar to existing Americans and the new imports were similar and accepted and mostly Christian . Since about 65 the imported are third worlders and many of very nasty religions Coyote or is it Bode .

View attachment 225282

Last week....

What is happening to us?

You do realize this is mild.

This is NOT the sh1t hitting the FAN YET.

Why not check out Poland WW2 for multIculturalism great failure.

Everybody was killing their neighbors over ethnicity.

Germans living in Poland were killing their neighbors in Poland as this instigated Bromberg Massacre & local Germans in Poland were killing Poles in Operatipn Tannenberg.

Jews / Belarussians living in Poland were killing their Polish neighbors ib the Skidel Revolt & the Massacre if Brzostowica.

Ukrainians living in Poland were killing their Polish neighbors in Wolyn Massacre.

Lithuainians were killing their Polish neighbors in the Ponary Massacre.

Following WW2 Jews like Jakub Berman & Salomon Morel killed thousands of Poled & vice versa in the Kielce Pogrom.
Not sure it is comparable. The US has a long history of multiculturalism and immigration that formed us as a nation. Europe on the other hand has a long history of conquests, programs, wars and religious divisions leading to war.
Our country DOS NOT have a long history of Multiculturalism. Until recent times, it was a melting pot society.

Good grief, anybody who paid attention to civics in middle school knows that.
Actually, we have a history of xenophobia towards the latest group of immigrants.....until the next generation and the next group of immigrants.

Things will improve when the left learns to accept the things they can’t change.

This all started before Trump was elected. I’m confident things will improve as Trump continues to repair the damage caused by obama.
What is it that can't change?
It’s looking like your brain might be malfunctioning. Try smacking your head against a wall and let us know if it helps.

We continuously keep telling you all wtf is wrong but you move it to conspiracy., claim it is a conspiracy , censor certain information which is the same as putting it where nobody sees it.
We tell you where it is starting, how it is socially engineered it is all laid out but those of you who can't seem to figure that out are still the ones ASKING WTF HAS HAPPENED OT US!!

It's all DENIED . we yell the house is on fire, the house on fire . you all say . " shut up conspiracy theory" , then say it's hot in here.

That means " EVERYONE SLEEPING" not just the OP

When you elect a clown, expect a circus to follow..

I have an appointment this morning. Hope to continue this afternoon.

When you elect a clown, expect a circus to follow..

That circus started before I was born

A huge part of it is the internet, social media, instant news and everyone is connected

Every little issue is available to anyone

Good point...and disproportionate to it’s real importance...local becomes national.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back