What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about that. Read about Portugal after 10 years of decriminalization of all drugs. With the illegal drug business estimated at 40 billion a year and growing rapidly, we will reach a point where we will have no choice. I'm not in favor of it but we're running out of options. The war on drugs was lost decades ago. There is no way we can control the growing use of illegal drugs.
Ten Years Ago Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs. What Happened Next? | The Fix

There's possibly a minor flipside to legalizing drugs.

The cartels will see their cash cow dwindle away. It is possible, likely even, that those drug wars will move across our border and we might see Americans killed in their own country if the cartels see legalization as competition.

Of course, that's conjecture. But legitimate conjecture, I think.

I remember when they were trying to get the lottery passed in our state many years ago. One of the claims was that it would stop illegal gambling and wipe out the mob. Instead, the mob started to use the new lottery numbers for their own game. They just had a better payout than the lottery and did even better.

When they pushed the issue of legalized pot in Colorado, it was claimed that it would stop the illegal sales of pot on the street. What actually happened is that pot dealers beat the price of high taxed legal weed, and they are selling more than ever.
I don't think that's a problem in Washington. The pot is legally grown mostly on local farms and in California so there couldn't be the kind of profit the mob would expect. Biggest benefit is law enforcement can devote resources to serious crimes. One thing I don't like about it being legalized is the pot shops can't accept credit cards because of federal law so it's a cash business which makes the shops a big target for robbers. There also may be some zoning restrictions because they are located in rather shabby areas. I really don't think legalizing pot has has created either the positive or negative impact that people expected.

It didn't do what they said it was going to do. I don't care if weed is no longer illegal, I just don't like pot shops and advertising where children are around. I don't think it's a good idea to suggest to them that smoking pot is fine and dandy, and going to a pot shop is like going to a candy store. On the other hand I think that it's stupid to give people tickets or even arrest somebody for pot. I didn't look into it, but I heard on the radio that teen pot smoking has increased dramatically.
And actually goes down when it is legalized...

Franco's been on my ignore list because he attacked my mother and my sister.
Of course what he said is not true but I'm
Then I'm afraid I have to inform you that you didn't miss anything. :21:

Franco would be on my ignore list, except I don't even consider him worth THAT much effort.
Of course what he says is ridiculous but not starting that again. I met a very nice girl from Kalamazoo in Paris in 1977 and made a silly joke trying to be friendly but you know how it is with hater dupes. Got me banned for a week for nothing.

I'm just trying to inform you of all your misinformation. Hillary is evil, Obama is evil, Benghazi non facts, the rich pay too much in taxes, your imaginary world is a disgrace.

Last edited:
The production by BS propaganda of so many misinformed functional idiots is the story of our time.

You will NEVER inform anyone with that approach. I am not a "functional idiot". People who don't agree with you are not "functional idiots". And you are one of many reasons why the left and right don't want anything to do with each other. Too much of this. If all you do is insist on calling people names, you will not inform anyone of anything, except for how puerile and obnoxious you are.

When we don't hold the same opinions or ideas of the world as you do, it doesn't mean we're "misinformed" either.
The whole world outside the GOP bubble of BS Thinks You Are a functional moron. Problem is your opinion is based on alternative facts and Bs propaganda. Breaking for chumps... All the scandals about Democrats you believe have been investigated and found to be totally imaginary, if you count all taxes the rich pay the same as everyone else percentage-wise and they get basically all the new wealth while the middle class and the country go slowly to hell. Thanks Ronnie Raygun.

What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?
Answer:

As many human lives and as much human misery of Illegal Aliens as it takes to reestablish border integrity and sovereignty over our own soil.
You'll find your opinion has 10% approval, all racist misinformed deplorable dupes. Keep it up you are our best pal. Try a good ID card and end this GOP scam forever.

Don't tell me what to do troll.
Be a misinformed traitor then lol... This is the Trump disgrace so far, and fox Etc making up garbage about our justice system...
LOL You called him a traitor.

That's funny. Because he's not. You can't call everyone who disagrees with you a traitor.

He can't help it. That's what trolls do.
So any evidence yet of conspiracy of FBI against Trump or whatever, in favor of Hillary I suppose. More ridiculous propaganda For doops only.

While the Dems are fighting tooth and nail to keep any evidence from getting out, this party just started. Wait and see the results from digging into this matter. McCabe is already asking for clemency and will sing like a canary about Comey.
You have no evidence of that. Mueller just is a great Lawman and isn't putting anything out. So you have Fox Rush making stuff up LOL for ratings and controversy. CNN and MSNBC grab on to that GOP crap for ratings 4 THEIR stupid 24/7 gabfest. Whatever happened 2 journalism, news reporting and foreign offices? A disgrace everywhere but mainly your ridiculous propaganda machine.

The production by BS propaganda of so many misinformed functional idiots is the story of our time.

You will NEVER inform anyone with that approach. I am not a "functional idiot". People who don't agree with you are not "functional idiots". And you are one of many reasons why the left and right don't want anything to do with each other. Too much of this. If all you do is insist on calling people names, you will not inform anyone of anything, except for how puerile and obnoxious you are.

When we don't hold the same opinions or ideas of the world as you do, it doesn't mean we're "misinformed" either.
Saying you are misinformed with BS alternative facts is the most important story politically of the last 30 years, garbage GOP media. It is not a personal insult, like you GOP Dupes calling liberals unemployed lazy gay puerile obnoxious unAmerican... Dupes refers to your politics. Like almost all GOP voters. The rest are just short-sighted and greedy.

No, but as it turns out, your dupe information is different from Everyone in the world outside your BS GOP propaganda bubble. Thanks for 9/11 through shear incompetence, the stupidest Wars ever, the corrupt world economic meltdown, the worst propaganda in our country's history, and Wrecking the middle class and our country the last 35 years.

The really pathetic thing about conservatives is that back in 1988, most of these folks were all for Bush Sr. and his “kinder, gentler nation”. And in 2000, they were for his son’s “more humble place in the world”. Today they are sponsoring ripping kids from their parents for no reason except for wholesale cruelty.

The really pathetic thing about conservatives is that back in 1988, most of these folks were all for Bush Sr. and his “kinder, gentler nation”. And in 2000, they were for his son’s “more humble place in the world”. Today they are sponsoring ripping kids from their parents for no reason except for wholesale cruelty.

The really pathetic thing about leftists - okay, wait, EVERYTHING about leftists is pathetic - is that THEY come up with these policies, THEY insist on them, they scream and wail and gnash their teeth about how "immoral" and "inhumane" everyone but them is not to already HAVE them, and then when it doesn't work out the way they wanted, they stand around with their bare faces hanging out, having the sheer effrontery to say that SOMEONE ELSE is "sponsoring" it.

Unless you can show me ANY evidence that conservatives "sponsored" the law in question, you are as you have always been: a pusillanimous, bald-faced liar. And you continue to prove that you don't actually give a diddly-fuck about these kids at all, except as tools of your partisan hackery.

Saying you are misinformed with BS alternative facts is the most important story politically of the last 30 years, garbage GOP media. It is not a personal insult, like you GOP Dupes calling liberals unemployed lazy gay puerile obnoxious unAmerican... Dupes refers to your politics. Like almost all GOP voters. The rest are just short-sighted and greedy.
Wow. Guess I had to learn the hard way. There's really no getting through to you, is there? And you're calling other people short sighted?

Bwa ha!

If I crossed into Mexico illegally with my kid, how would we be treated?
Your child would be forced into the sex trade, most likely.
They do have that gang control thing going, thanks to our GOP War on Drugs. But they also have a national ID card so they would throw you out. Republican scumbags and silly dupes block democratic efforts to have one here. Basically every country but us has one. Great job as usual.

Last edited:

See, that's the one thing about us Republicans, we learn as we go along.

Wow. Guess I had to learn the hard way. There's really no getting through to you, is there? And you're calling other people short sighted?

Bwa ha!
Everywhere in the world but imaginary doop world they know you are DUH. Change the channel.

No, but as it turns out, your dupe information is different from Everyone in the world outside your BS GOP propaganda bubble. Thanks for 9/11 through shear incompetence, the stupidest Wars ever, the corrupt world economic meltdown, the worst propaganda in our country's history, and Wrecking the middle class and our country the last 35 years.

Funny, I had nothing to do with that.

See, that's the one thing about us Republicans, we learn as we go along.

No…

You just become meaner, forgetting why America was exceptional in the first place. Also forgetting that there is a difference between being strong and being tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back