What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?

No, you blockheaded twat, as I've said so many times I'm sick of it, all misdemeanors are NOT the same. You can keep ignoring it and coming back every couple of days to restate your imbecilic take on the world as though it's fresh and new, but it's not gonna help.

Speeding tickets and jaywalking and littering and whatever other godforsaken thing you leftist mouthbreathers dredge up are NOT the sum total of what constitutes a misdemeanor. Just as was the case the LAST six times I said this, misdemeanors come in several different classes, depending on the jurisdiction. And the most serious class of misdemeanors includes things like DUI, assault, hit-and-run, burglary . . . all things for which many people can and do "get hauled off to jail" and have "their children stripped from their feeding breast" :puke: (seriously, you have GOT to tone down the melodrama).

You’re right...they aren’t treated the same. A misdemeanor if you’re brown means your children get taken and locked in concentration-like camps and you don’t know where they are.

Tone down the truth so you don’t have to be so uncomfortable? Nah.

In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?
In most cases trespassing carries a more serve punishment than unlawful enter into the US. This typifies the problem in our immigration laws. Most immigration offenses are civil offenses, many of which carry no fines or jail time. Offenders have hearing in immigration court, not criminal trials. There is no guilty or innocent verdict. Deportation is not punishment but a correction of immigration status. Immigration court is a cross between family court and a civil court. When a large segment of the population considers breaking of our immigration laws deserving of a punishment somewhere between burning at the stake and granting citizenship, we need to seriously rethink immigration.

When you leave the country, there is no customs or immigration. So ICE does not have any record of who leaves the country. Only if you leave the country by commercial airline or cruise ship is there any record at all and that record is not maintained by ICE. For those that travel by car, walk across the border or use private planes, ICE doesn't know you left. For people with visas but no work permit, ICE has no record of where you are. If you have a work permit, you are requested to keep ICE informed of where you live, but there is no penalty for not doing so. The bottom line is about all ICE knows about a person that enters the US on a Visa is when and where they arrived and when the Visa expires. So when we talk about removing people in the country illegally, the first thing ICE needs to know is who is in the country illegally and where they are. Until we solve that problem, we will always have millions of undocumented immigrants in the US.

Last edited:
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

AMERICA ... #1 IN HYPOCRISY.

WE HAVE A MORAL BLIND SPOT THE SIZE OF THE GREAT LAKES.

WE CERTAINLY ARE EXCEPTIONAL AT NEVER LEARNING FROM OUR OWN MISTAKES.

Make America Guilty Again.

Trump really has lowered us in so many ways, we're now no longer better than all those counties with despicable leaders and backward inhuman policies that we used to hold in contempt.

We've become what we despise.

Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:
I understand why they want to come here.
I also understand why we can't let them.

No, you blockheaded twat, as I've said so many times I'm sick of it, all misdemeanors are NOT the same. You can keep ignoring it and coming back every couple of days to restate your imbecilic take on the world as though it's fresh and new, but it's not gonna help.

Speeding tickets and jaywalking and littering and whatever other godforsaken thing you leftist mouthbreathers dredge up are NOT the sum total of what constitutes a misdemeanor. Just as was the case the LAST six times I said this, misdemeanors come in several different classes, depending on the jurisdiction. And the most serious class of misdemeanors includes things like DUI, assault, hit-and-run, burglary . . . all things for which many people can and do "get hauled off to jail" and have "their children stripped from their feeding breast" :puke: (seriously, you have GOT to tone down the melodrama).

You’re right...they aren’t treated the same. A misdemeanor if you’re brown means your children get taken and locked in concentration-like camps and you don’t know where they are.

Tone down the truth so you don’t have to be so uncomfortable? Nah.

Fine. You want to be the worst possible stereotype of an emptyheaded ambulatory vagina, then feel free to embrace it. God knows, it's doubtful that you could be anything more.

Meanwhile, if anything you said was "truth", other than overblown hyperbole a Harlequin paperback would reject as too cheesy, you wouldn't be moving the goalposts around like they were motorized.

"All misdemeanors are the same, uh . . . I mean, it's about race, I mean . . . never mind that, NAZIS!!!!"

In most cases trespassing carries a more serve punishment than unlawful enter into the US. This typifies the problem in our immigration laws. Most immigration offenses are civil offenses, many of which carry no fines or jail time. Offenders have hearing in immigration court, not criminal trials. There is no guilty or innocent verdict. Deportation is not punishment but a correction of immigration status. Immigration court is a cross between family court and a civil court. When a large segment of the population considers breaking of our immigration laws deserving of a punishment somewhere between burning at the stake and granting citizenship, we need to seriously rethink immigration.
We should put the NG on the border with shoot on sight order orders. Then they'll stop coming.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

AMERICA ... #1 IN HYPOCRISY.

WE HAVE A MORAL BLIND SPOT THE SIZE OF THE GREAT LAKES.

WE CERTAINLY ARE EXCEPTIONAL AT NEVER LEARNING FROM OUR OWN MISTAKES.

Make America Guilty Again.

Trump really has lowered us in so many ways, we're now no longer better than all those counties with despicable leaders and backward inhuman policies that we used to hold in contempt.

We've become what we despise.

You're right. We DO have a moral blind spot. It calls itself the Democrat Party.

Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.
Compassion can end you up in the poor house and make everyone in America Poverty stricken.

You can pretend that reality and history change according to whatever your glands are overwrought about today, but it doesn't, and humans who haven't abandoned using their brains are not going to be shamed into anything by the likes of you.

It amuses me when you try to throw around moral condemnation as though you think anyone respects you, Seabiscuit.

You can pretend that reality and history change according to whatever your glands are overwrought about today, but it doesn't, and humans who haven't abandoned using their brains are not going to be shamed into anything by the likes of you.

It amuses me when you try to throw around moral condemnation as though you think anyone respects you, Seabiscuit.

The times in history that actions like Trump’s have been taken, history soundly condemns.

The times in history that actions like Trump’s have been taken, history soundly condemns.

And I'm trusting the judgement of something like you about what constitutes "actions like Trump's" because why?

And I'm trusting the judgement of something like you about what constitutes "actions like Trump's" because why?

You don’t have to “trust” anything. You can see it with your own eyes. We, as a country, have never torn children away from their parents by the hundreds and locked them in cages. Any country that did would be roundly criticized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/world/americas/us-un-migrant-children-families.html

What is the human cost of Mexicans with kids staying in Mexico and applying legally for visas? Because, all they had to do was, immigrate legally. Then we would all be playing nicy nicy. But instead, Mexicans play games and drag their kids into this mess. That is evidence of child abuse.
In America, we have agencies that take child abuse quite seriously and take children away from parents all the time. Local city or states take abused or neglected children into their care, put them into foster care. It happens all the time. But Mexican illegals that willingly violated laws that apply to all immigrants and dragged their kids into this, get a free pass on all that...How does that work?

Last edited:
What is the human cost of Mexicans with kids staying in Mexico and applying legally for visas? Because, all they had to do was, immigrate legally. Then we would all be playing nicy nicy. But instead, Mexicans play games and drag their kids into this mess. That is evidence of child abuse.
In America, we have agencies that take child abuse quite seriously and take children away from parents all the time. Local city or states take abused or neglected children into their care, put them into foster care. It happens all the time. But Mexican illegals that willingly violated laws that apply to all immigrants and dragged their kids into this, get a free pass on all that...How does that work?
Easy to Say, dear.

More than 100 politicians have been murdered in Mexico ahead of Sunday’s election

Easy to Say, dear.

More than 100 politicians have been murdered in Mexico ahead of Sunday’s election
Well, I live with Mexicanos of questionable immigration status. They don't make the communities they end up squatting in a better place. And all this propaganda about how great diversity is? People that refuse to accept the culture they live in, and are abusive, misogynistic and despise the predominant preexisting culture and wish to live like they are still in their homeland, that corrupts the meaning of diversity.

Easy to Say, dear.

Well, I live with Mexicanos of questionable immigration status. They don't make the communities they end up squatting in a better place. And all this propaganda about how great diversity is? People that refuse to accept the culture they live in, and are abusive, misogynistic and despise the predominant preexisting culture and wish to live like they are still in their homeland, that corrupts the meaning of diversity.
The Romans didn't seem to have a problem with it.

You don’t have to “trust” anything. You can see it with your own eyes. We, as a country, have never torn children away from their parents by the hundreds and locked them in cages. Any country that did would be roundly criticized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/world/americas/us-un-migrant-children-families.html
Actually Obama did it 76,000 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back