What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?
Come on people....THINK. This is such simple shit.

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.
That worked until we found out that many of these children were not with parents but with human traffickers.
The term is smuggling not human trafficking. Human trafficking is the trade of humans for the purpose of forced labor, sexual slavery, or commercial sexual exploitation. Most human trafficking is via cargo vessels and cargo vans often going through ports of entry.
Smugglers, coyotes are hired to transport people across the boarder which is very common. In most years we have between 200,000 and 300,000 people crossing our southern boarder illegally.

From 2008 to 2010, Federal anti-trafficking task forces opened 2,515 suspected cases of human trafficking. During those years, it's estimated that more than 1.6 million illegal immigrants entered the US.

The semantics you people love to play is flat-out facinating. You will bust your asses trying to spin, repackage and dress shit up.
Wetbacks/illegal aliens do not = Dreamers
Sorry, nobody sane buys your filthy bullshit.

I can’t take a White Self-Guilty guy seriously.
The fact is that when bad people have weapons they behave badly.
Give me an arsenal and I won’t start a slave trade or drug cartel.
You always blame the White man which makes you dismissable.

I agree.. we shouldn't let bad people have guns... but most mass shooters are white guys.
Most mass shooters are white Democrats.

I can’t take a White Self-Guilty guy seriously.
The fact is that when bad people have weapons they behave badly.
Give me an arsenal and I won’t start a slave trade or drug cartel.
You always blame the White man which makes you dismissable.

I agree.. we shouldn't let bad people have guns... but most mass shooters are white guys.
Most mass shooters are white Democrats.
In your dreams.

Food stamps make people lazy and take any incentive away for them to improve their plight. If not for Republican governors creating requirements to obtain food stamps, we would have just as many recipients today as we did at the heart of the recession.

Bullshit. Decline in SNAP usage has been the same in states without requirements as states with them.

You are welcome to your opinion, but so am I. A wall would do ten times the good food stamps ever could. We are in charge now and were voted in to have things like a wall, and hopefully it will get built.

You're too dumb to realize you're being scammed. Wall's never getting built.

And if the Democrats ever want to tear it down, it would be the best issue for us Republicans going down the road to prove these little commies want to be an open border society.

Guy, you fools are done the minute the economy sinks back into recession on Trump's watch. People hate him with a good economy, what do you think is going to happen WHEN it sucks?

They must love it more than you, because they are paying most all of the income taxes in this country. Sure you like a civilized society, especially when somebody else is paying for it.

Um, no, they aren't paying anywhere near their fair share, and unlike me, most of them avoided military service.
The major difference between a fence and a wall is that you can almost always see through a fence, at least to some degree, while a wall is solid. Whether a wall, a fence, electronic surveillance, or a natural barrier provides the best protection depends on the situation. The real protection comes from people that guard the border because barriers only slow down intruders. It is virtually impossible to stop people with the right equipment from crossing a barrier.

Hungary would strongly disagree with you.

that is what happens when you are not moral enough to, "take the moral high ground by resorting to the fewest fallacies."
I guess you don’t watch TV anymore.
Anyway, I at least appreciate the fact that you admitted in the past that a member of your family is an illegal, so anything Trump does will disgust you regardless.
The right wing admitted in the past that they recognize the concept of natural rights and that they are unalienable.
Define "Natural Rights".
The Declaration of Independence: Full text
So I get to watch 11 year old girls 90% naked walking in the mall.
How fucking sick of the Liberal, let it all hang out, mind.
And yes, I was at a mall today and I wanted to vomit.
The Liberals have succeeded in destroying whatever moral values we had.

I hate to tell you this, but State, County and Municipal Law "Trumps" Federal Law unless the Federal Law was legislated first.
It's amazing what one can learn when one reads more than just a web site.
dude; if sex is the Problem, the problem is You. Sex is Natural not Religious.

Doing what comes naturally, is all the right wing seems to know.

They also have 87% of the wealth... and Income Tax isn't the only tax paid. So they are paying less than their share and other taxes like Social Security don't really apply because they are capped.

And they are getting less from such taxes as well. Do you really think that somebody that maxes out on SS contributions every year collects SS when they retire? It's a pittance to them and not worth their time. It's money that goes to people that depend on the program for survival.

Most all of your payroll taxes you get back (and even more) if you live the average lifespan in the US. You get all your SS back, you get all your Medicare contributions back, you get your FISA all back since FISA is nothing more than a cute acronym for SS, you get services from your state and local taxes paid.

However income taxes are what funds most everything else for society. It funds our military, it funds all our other social programs, it funds our roads, bridges and airports, it funds our post office, it funds Washington, the politicians, the worthless bureaucracies, income taxes fund everything else, and the wealthy pay almost all of those taxes.

Guy, you can't whine about American Idol when you "elect" (Not Really) A Reality TV Game Show Host with no other qualifications.

People hate Trump because he's a misogynistic, racist, Nazi cocksucker.

That's why people hate him.

And thank you for supporting my point. People don't vote on politicians based on their abilities, they vote on them based on how much they like them or not. Imagine what a failure our businesses would be if they hired and fired people based on that alone. They have great workers producing satisfactory profit for the company, but they are not personable, so the company fires them and gets workers who are poor performers but well liked.

That's why I think we need to limit voting in this country. Only people who could pass a simple test of political and policy knowledge be allowed to vote. Of course the Republicans would love that. The Democrats would be rioting in the streets.

I guess you don’t watch TV anymore.
Anyway, I at least appreciate the fact that you admitted in the past that a member of your family is an illegal, so anything Trump does will disgust you regardless.
The right wing admitted in the past that they recognize the concept of natural rights and that they are unalienable.
Define "Natural Rights".

I hate to tell you this, but State, County and Municipal Law "Trumps" Federal Law unless the Federal Law was legislated first.

I presume you have no problem with public nudity.

Define "Natural Rights".

I presume you have no problem with public nudity.
You know what they say, when God is not around, the People will play.

And they are getting less from such taxes as well. Do you really think that somebody that maxes out on SS contributions every year collects SS when they retire? It's a pittance to them and not worth their time. It's money that goes to people that depend on the program for survival.

Actually, they do collect this money... so there's that, because we don't means test SS. If we did, it would be solvent.

However income taxes are what funds most everything else for society. It funds our military, it funds all our other social programs, it funds our roads, bridges and airports, it funds our post office, it funds Washington, the politicians, the worthless bureaucracies, income taxes fund everything else, and the wealthy pay almost all of those taxes.

And they get most of the benefits. Who do you think benefits the most from our bloated military budget? The Oil Companies, mostly. The defense contracts who sell expensive planes that can't fly in the rain.

And thank you for supporting my point. People don't vote on politicians based on their abilities, they vote on them based on how much they like them or not. Imagine what a failure our businesses would be if they hired and fired people based on that alone.

Guy, I hate to break this to you, but pretty much that is how hiring is done. Even though this is how I make my living, most people are hired on the basis of a resume someone else wrote, and two interviews were both sides are lying their asses off.

Frankly, to be fair, we spend a lot more time selecting our politicians. We spend months interviewing them through debates and campaign appearences. And mostly, we get it right. Except in 2016, where the people got it right and the system got it wrong.

That's why I think we need to limit voting in this country. Only people who could pass a simple test of political and policy knowledge be allowed to vote. Of course the Republicans would love that. The Democrats would be rioting in the streets.

Um, yeah, guy, maybe you should look up "Literacy Tests" in the Old South and see why those happened. Oh, wait, they told you at your Klan meeting that those were the "Good Old Days".

Actually, they do collect this money... so there's that, because we don't means test SS. If we did, it would be solvent.

No, the problem with SS is the same as all other programs. We don't fund it. If people want to keep these programs, we need to pay for them, and no, I don't mean have other people pay for them for us.

I haven't seen a Medicare contribution increase in I don't know how long. Yet care gets more expensive every year, and most of the care is given to senior citizens. Of course these programs can't survive in the long run.

And they get most of the benefits. Who do you think benefits the most from our bloated military budget? The Oil Companies, mostly. The defense contracts who sell expensive planes that can't fly in the rain.

So you don't use any oil products?

How many manufacturers make military aircraft?

Guy, I hate to break this to you, but pretty much that is how hiring is done. Even though this is how I make my living, most people are hired on the basis of a resume someone else wrote, and two interviews were both sides are lying their asses off.

Frankly, to be fair, we spend a lot more time selecting our politicians. We spend months interviewing them through debates and campaign appearences. And mostly, we get it right. Except in 2016, where the people got it right and the system got it wrong.

All those interviews and reporting doesn't do any good if most don't read or listen to them. And half of what the MSM reports is crap anyhow. So dopes go to the polls and vote on people for a number of other reasons. And any company that hires people not on their past performance but on personality won't be in business very long. It would be a failed model. Any real interviewer can see right through a resume made by somebody else.

Um, yeah, guy, maybe you should look up "Literacy Tests" in the Old South and see why those happened. Oh, wait, they told you at your Klan meeting that those were the "Good Old Days".

The good old days didn't have access to free public education. People quit school like my father did in 8th grade to help support the family. They didn't have advanced communication like smart phones, cable television and the internet.

There is no reason today for an ignorant voter except laziness or lack of interest, and the Democrat party relies on both of those groups of people to win elections. That's why they would never allow it.

No, the problem with SS is the same as all other programs. We don't fund it. If people want to keep these programs, we need to pay for them, and no, I don't mean have other people pay for them for us.

I haven't seen a Medicare contribution increase in I don't know how long. Yet care gets more expensive every year, and most of the care is given to senior citizens. Of course these programs can't survive in the long run.

sure they can... we just make the rich pay their fair share and stop using these funds to pay for tax cuts for rich people, which is what your boy Dubya did.

It's how much we spend on them, that's the problem. Hint, it's more than we spend on Food Stamps.

And I am stuck using petroleum products because the Oil Companies keep us from alternative energy. If we took the billions we spend playing Hall Monitor in the Middle East, and spent it on that instead, we wouldn't need as much oil.

All those interviews and reporting doesn't do any good if most don't read or listen to them. And half of what the MSM reports is crap anyhow. So dopes go to the polls and vote on people for a number of other reasons. .

The only reason why you think the MSM is crap is that it doesn't validate your racism...

The only "Dopes" at the polls were the ones who said, "Let's vote for Trump because I liked his TV show." Those people were the dopes. Most of the voters got it right, though.

And any company that hires people not on their past performance but on personality won't be in business very long. It would be a failed model. Any real interviewer can see right through a resume made by somebody else.

Guy, again, you don't really know how any of this works, do you.

Here's the first thing. Most resumes are NOT READ BY PEOPLE INITIALLY. Most resumes are sorted by something called ATS (Applicant Tracking Software), which looks for keywords. Then a human being reads them, and they only look at them for about 30 seconds...

The interview process is equally flawed, because first, most companies hire by committee, they don't have one person doing the interview. They ask standardized questions, and look for stock responses.

The good old days didn't have access to free public education. People quit school like my father did in 8th grade to help support the family. They didn't have advanced communication like smart phones, cable television and the internet.

Okay, so the point went right over your head, didn't it. The purpose of literacy tests was to keep blacks from voting, not to make sure you were really informed.

There is no reason today for an ignorant voter except laziness or lack of interest, and the Democrat party relies on both of those groups of people to win elections. That's why they would never allow it.

The reason it shouldn't be allowed is that "knowledge" is usually subjective. Frankly, I see a lot more ignorance on the right than I do on the left. Trump lies to you, and you swallow it whole because it feeds into your ignorance.

All those interviews and reporting doesn't do any good if most don't read or listen to them. And half of what the MSM reports is crap anyhow. So dopes go to the polls and vote on people for a number of other reasons. And any company that hires people not on their past performance but on personality won't be in business very long. It would be a failed model. Any real interviewer can see right through a resume made by somebody else.

I agree SS contributions should increase. If we don't, the choice is SS either goes the Medicare Route with government funding the difference between contributions and benefits paid or benefits are cut 25% to equal contributions. This will occur in the 2040's if nothing changes.

The government already funds Medicare, to the tune of 275 billion in 2015 and it increase every year.

There're two Medicare trust funds, the Hospital Insurance Fund which pays hospital bills (Part A) and the Supplemental Fund (Part B and Part D).

The Hospital Insurance Fund is funded by payroll contributions. The last increase in contributions was in 1985. It has balance of 205 billion. It's expenditures exceed income by about 3 to 5 billion, so it will probably not need an increase in payroll contributions for some years. BTW this was Medicare until the 1960's when congress expanded Medicare to include Part B which includes medical expenses other than hospital costs.

The Supplemental Insurance Fund is the problem. It pays for doctor visits, drugs, and all other medical expenses other than hospital costs. It is a voluntary option, called Part B of Medicare. Part D covering drugs was added in 2005. It is funded by contributions from beneficiaries who choose this coverage. It pays roughly 80% of covered expenses and beneficiary pays 20%. It's funded by monthly payments by beneficiaries and transfers from the general fund.

In 2015, the general fund transfers were 272 billion and payments by beneficiaries were 82 billion to the Supplemental Fund.

The concept of the Hospital Insurance Fund is similar to Social Security, the workers pay into the fund to defray cost when they retire. The Supplemental Fund is totally different. It's a system of sharing medical costs of the retired and disabled between beneficiaries and goverment. Expenses of the Supplemental Fund are more than twice that of the Hospital Fund and growing rapidly.

I believe we need to gradually raise retirement age and Medicare eligibility age to 70 over the new 20 years. This will not totally solve the funding problem with either S.S. or Medicare but it will certain help. It will also help relieve a growing shortage in the labor force. Right now we have 3 million jobs openings and we are adding hundreds of thousands of new jobs a year. Also, our birthrate is almost equal to our death rate and is falling. We are retiring 10,000 people a day and will for many years. If the nation is to continue to grow we have to have more workers. That can come from much higher immigration rates, which doesn't seem likely or we spend more of our life working and less in retirement.

Last edited:
In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?

No, you blockheaded twat, as I've said so many times I'm sick of it, all misdemeanors are NOT the same. You can keep ignoring it and coming back every couple of days to restate your imbecilic take on the world as though it's fresh and new, but it's not gonna help.

Speeding tickets and jaywalking and littering and whatever other godforsaken thing you leftist mouthbreathers dredge up are NOT the sum total of what constitutes a misdemeanor. Just as was the case the LAST six times I said this, misdemeanors come in several different classes, depending on the jurisdiction. And the most serious class of misdemeanors includes things like DUI, assault, hit-and-run, burglary . . . all things for which many people can and do "get hauled off to jail" and have "their children stripped from their feeding breast" :puke: (seriously, you have GOT to tone down the melodrama).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back