What I and Trump haters have in common...

He cut the taxes because he was handed the Clinton recession from the .com bubble blowing up.

Clinton lied when he said there was a surplus.
And Bush was so stupid he believed it? Here's Bush saying the reason he's passing tax breaks is because he had a surplus

The other choice is to let the American people spend their own money to meet their own needs. I hope you will join me in standing firmly on the side of the people. You see, the growing surplus exists because taxes are too high and Government is charging more than it needs. The people of America have been overcharged, and on their behalf, I am here asking for a refund.

It doesn't happen over night. Trust me, it contributed to the inflation just like Biden's stimulus did. Or Trump's stimulus checks. Don't forget he passed out checks too. So Trump has 2 things he did that contributed to inflation. His stimulus checks and his tax breaks to EVERYONE!

And didn't minimum wage go up on his watch?

No, there hasn't been a minimum wage hike (Federal) since Bush.

There was no surplus.

7 times Bush mentions Clinton's Surplus.

And Bush was so stupid he believed it? Here's Bush saying the reason he's passing tax breaks is because he had a surplus

The other choice is to let the American people spend their own money to meet their own needs. I hope you will join me in standing firmly on the side of the people. You see, the growing surplus exists because taxes are too high and Government is charging more than it needs. The people of America have been overcharged, and on their behalf, I am here asking for a refund.

taxes were too high....and yes Bush was stupid to ever trust Clinton or any Dembot for that matter

No, there hasn't been a minimum wage hike (Federal) since Bush.
I don't give a fuck. All over the country states had passed minimum wage increases. So all those blacks who work for minimum wage and their pay went up $5 hr, Trump is taking credit for that. That's how he was able to say they're doing better than ever before. It wasn't his policies. It was that minimum wage went up.

taxes were too high....and yes Bush was stupid to ever trust Clinton or any Dembot for that matter
He didn't trust him. There was a deficit surplus. At least there was until Bush got us into Afganistan and lied us into Iraq.

So why do they say he had a surplus?

As is usually the case in claims such as this, it has to do with Washington doublespeak and political smoke and mirrors.

Understanding what happened requires understanding two concepts of what makes up the national debt. The national debt is made up of public debt and intragovernmental holdings. The public debt is debt held by the public, normally including things such as treasury bills, savings bonds, and other instruments the public can purchase from the government. Intragovernmental holdings, on the other hand, is when the government borrows money from itself--mostly borrowing money from social security.

Looking at the makeup of the national debt and the claimed surpluses for the last 4 Clinton fiscal years, we have the following table:

Fiscal
Year
End
Date
Claimed
Surplus
Public
Debt
Intra-gov
Holdings
Total National
Debt
FY199709/30/1997 $3.789667T$1.623478T$5.413146T
FY199809/30/1998$69.2B$3.733864T
green_down.gif
$55.8B
$1.792328T
red_up.gif
$168.9B
$5.526193T
red_up.gif
$113B
FY199909/30/1999$122.7B$3.636104T
green_down.gif
$97.8B
$2.020166T
red_up.gif
$227.8B
$5.656270T
red_up.gif
$130.1B
FY200009/29/2000$230.0B$3.405303T
green_down.gif
$230.8B
$2.268874T
red_up.gif
$248.7B
$5.674178T
red_up.gif
$17.9B
FY200109/28/2001 $3.339310T
green_down.gif
$66.0B
$2.468153T
red_up.gif
$199.3B
$5.807463T
red_up.gif
$133.3B

Notice that while the public debt went down in each of those four years, the intragovernmental holdings went up each year by a far greater amount--and, in turn, the total national debt (which is public debt + intragovernmental holdings) went up. Therein lies the discrepancy.

I don't give a fuck.

You asked a question. I answered it. Why would that set you off?

All over the country states had passed minimum wage increases. So all those blacks who work for minimum wage and their pay went up $5 hr, Trump is taking credit for that. That's how he was able to say they're doing better than ever before. It wasn't his policies. It was that minimum wage went up.

States have passed hikes ever since the last Federal raise.

He didn't trust him. There was a deficit surplus. At least there was until Bush got us into Afganistan and lied us into Iraq.
Verifying this is as simple as accessing the U.S. Treasury (see note about this link below) website where the national debt is updated daily and a history of the debt since January 1993 can be obtained. Considering the government's fiscal year ends on the last day of September each year, and considering Clinton's budget proposal in 1993 took effect in October 1993 and concluded September 1994 (FY1994), here's the national debt at the end of each year of Clinton Budgets:

Fiscal
Year
Year
Ending
National DebtDeficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

There was no surplus. In fact it's taught in worthwhile economic classes how fancy bookkeeping made it look so.

Go to school

So why do they say he had a surplus?

As is usually the case in claims such as this, it has to do with Washington doublespeak and political smoke and mirrors.

Understanding what happened requires understanding two concepts of what makes up the national debt. The national debt is made up of public debt and intragovernmental holdings. The public debt is debt held by the public, normally including things such as treasury bills, savings bonds, and other instruments the public can purchase from the government. Intragovernmental holdings, on the other hand, is when the government borrows money from itself--mostly borrowing money from social security.

Looking at the makeup of the national debt and the claimed surpluses for the last 4 Clinton fiscal years, we have the following table:

Fiscal
Year
End
Date
Claimed
Surplus
Public
Debt
Intra-gov
Holdings
Total National
Debt
FY199709/30/1997$3.789667T$1.623478T$5.413146T
FY199809/30/1998$69.2B$3.733864T
green_down.gif
$55.8B
$1.792328T
red_up.gif
$168.9B
$5.526193T
red_up.gif
$113B
FY199909/30/1999$122.7B$3.636104T
green_down.gif
$97.8B
$2.020166T
red_up.gif
$227.8B
$5.656270T
red_up.gif
$130.1B
FY200009/29/2000$230.0B$3.405303T
green_down.gif
$230.8B
$2.268874T
red_up.gif
$248.7B
$5.674178T
red_up.gif
$17.9B
FY200109/28/2001$3.339310T
green_down.gif
$66.0B
$2.468153T
red_up.gif
$199.3B
$5.807463T
red_up.gif
$133.3B

Notice that while the public debt went down in each of those four years, the intragovernmental holdings went up each year by a far greater amount--and, in turn, the total national debt (which is public debt + intragovernmental holdings) went up. Therein lies the discrepancy.

I told you that you are confusing debt and deficit. Now you just proved it.

I told you that you are confusing debt and deficit. Now you just proved it.
what I linked was to debt, and also included deficits....at no time was there a deficit surplus. Please read the links

Fiscal
Year
Year
Ending
National DebtDeficit
FY199309/30/1993$4.411488 trillion
FY199409/30/1994$4.692749 trillion$281.26 billion
FY199509/29/1995$4.973982 trillion$281.23 billion
FY199609/30/1996$5.224810 trillion$250.83 billion
FY199709/30/1997$5.413146 trillion$188.34 billion
FY199809/30/1998$5.526193 trillion$113.05 billion
FY199909/30/1999$5.656270 trillion$130.08 billion
FY200009/29/2000$5.674178 trillion$17.91 billion
FY200109/28/2001$5.807463 trillion$133.29 billion

Huh? The GOP is barely a conservative party anymore. You spend like drunken sailors. And you act like fascists. Trying to rig elections. Attack the media. Nationalism. Extremism. YOu're a nazi you know that right?
Any Republican who runs in 2024 and is a totally committed globalist will have a difficult time with their voters. We still moving in that direction due to the totalitarian dictatorship tactics of brainwashing the population. And they do not understand why they are getting poorer. Especially the younger ones.

Bottom line is Biden is doing a good job. Inflation is happening all over the planet thanks to covid and shortages.

Yesterday I was hearing about a country who's staple food is chicken. But chicken prices are now unaffordable to the masses. Is that Biden's fault too?

In January 2022, in order to ease the burden of inflation on the population, the country's government put a cap on the prices of staple foods, such as granulated sugar, wheat flour, sunflower cooking oil, leg of pork, chicken breast and milk.

Hungary.

I guess they are hungry in Hungary. LOL
That's not to say Biden hasn't played a key role. Inflation climbed shortly after his election, and there's no end in sight. His signature achievement, the American Rescue Plan (ARP), pumped more cash into an overheated economy when supply chains could not keep up, spending almost $2 trillion when the output gap was closer to $400billion. That's nearly five times more than what was needed, and the impact was predictable. Experts like Harvard's Lawrence Summers have been sounding the alarm for over a year.

There was no surplus. In fact it's taught in worthwhile economic classes how fancy bookkeeping made it look so.

Go to school
I have a college degree.

Learn the difference between the debt and deficit. Clinton was given a yearly budget and he spent more than he was given. That's a deficit.

You're talking about the debt. No, we have never paid off the debt and had a surplus. Wouldn't that be something?

I just like the idea that Clinton was given $50 a year and he only spent $45. Where Trump and Bush were given $50 and they spent $60.

Obama and Biden had to get out of holes Republicans (Trump and Bush) put them in. So they had to spend. If it weren't for shitty previous administrations, they too would have had surplus'.

Funny thing is with all the cuts to social programs that Republicans love to make, they never have a surplus because they spend like drunken sailors on things they like. Defense, military, war, weapons, guns, oil and coal. And they love to give rich people more tax breaks.

That's not to say Biden hasn't played a key role. Inflation climbed shortly after his election, and there's no end in sight. His signature achievement, the American Rescue Plan (ARP), pumped more cash into an overheated economy when supply chains could not keep up, spending almost $2 trillion when the output gap was closer to $400billion. That's nearly five times more than what was needed, and the impact was predictable. Experts like Harvard's Lawrence Summers have been sounding the alarm for over a year.
I'm not saying Biden's policies didn't play a role but now Biden is going to fix inflation.

One thing that pissed me off was how many people ripped unemployment off. I even know people who didn't qualify for unemployment but they asked for it and got it. They say they'll never be able to go after and get back all the money that was defrauded from US tax payers.

And he gave student loan forgiveness

And he gave seniors stimulus money. WHy? They weren't out of work. Why give them money?

But then I realize all these things are things that helped people who make $70,000 or less. I'd rather that than Bush or Trump giving mostly tax breaks to rich people and corporations.

BTW, with the Great Resignation after covid, the time Biden has been in office has been the greatest time in American history for American workers to jump from one company to another company that pays more. Anyone who changed jobs is now making more. People who stayed up are making the same. So there are better jobs out there if you want to switch companies to keep up with inflation. Quit being a pussy. If you aren't doing better today than you were during Trump, it's your fault.

The Great Resignation worked: Most job-swappers got a raise​

Pew Center study says 60% of people who quit a job got more money from new employer, although the window of opportunity for potential job-switchers may be closing.​

Quit crying about inflation. If you aren't making more money after the Great Resignation it's your own fault.

The common bond that Trump haters and I have in common is we both think Trump is...A political novice!...These bosses like Trump got things done!
Meanwhile under the so called 'professional' politicians those blithering idiots turned everything to FUBAR. Look at this clown in the WH, 40 years of government experience and he's scattered classified documents to hell and back in direct violation of the law. Not to mention all his other moronic decisions over the past 2 years.

We want leaders who are not professional politicians. NOT professional politicians in it just to line their own pockets while they sell out to the highest bidder, hello!

You could miss out on an 8.5% raise if you don't join the Great Resignation and job-hop this year, new study finds​

• Job hoppers are seeing higher wage increases than those who stay at the same job.
  • Job hoppers are also seeing their biggest median pay increase in more than 20 years.
  • Raises are helping some workers keep afloat amid sky-high inflation.

Meanwhile under the so called 'professional' politicians those blithering idiots turned everything to FUBAR. Look at this clown in the WH, 40 years of government experience and he's scattered classified documents to hell and back in direct violation of the law. Not to mention all his other moronic decisions over the past 2 years.

We want leaders who are not professional politicians. Professional politicians in it just to line their own pockets while they sell out to the highest bidder, hello!
After seeing Trump's Shit Show you're still sticking with that bullshit about not wanting career politicians? HA! I want a President who knows how to run a government. How to talk to our allies. How to work with labor and corporations not just corporations.

Don't cry about scattered classified documents when his was like 12 and after defending Trump for clearly purposely stealing then not giving them back when asked. WTF!!!

Forum List

Back