🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What, If Anything, Should Be Done About Delta's Price Gouging During Hurricane Evacuation?

I'd like to see them forced to reimburse everyone who they took advantage of, and then hit with a hefty fine.

but a guy that owns cases of water or gallons of gas should be able to sell HIS goods for whatever he can get for it .

He can. That's a private sale. But if you're an established business with a business license you cannot engage in price gouging. You will be prosecuted for it.

It's bad enough that individuals would take advantage of people during a crisis...a large company doing that is inexcusable.

but a guy that owns cases of water or gallons of gas should be able to sell HIS goods for whatever he can get for it .

He can. That's a private sale. But if you're an established business with a business license you cannot engage in price gouging. You will be prosecuted for it.
-------------------------------------------- ok then , a guy that own a private water company of a private gas station should be able to GOUGE with impunity APMechanic .

and as a further comment just to show my disdain for SNOWFLAKES , man SNOWFLAKES are all over the place . ----------------- just a comment !!

Delta has always been an overpriced, substandard airline.

Pretty simple really.

When a federal notice of emergency happens, or a State declares a state of emergency, all airline fairs, indeed, all essential survival items should be frozen at the price they are at the moment of declaration and remain frozen at that level until the emergency is over. (not the cleanup, not the recovery, just the actual event that caused the emergency).

Any company or business found in violation of this, and upon conviction, shall forfeit five years profits (to be determined by the previous five years) and mandated to provide aid of no greater than 1% of their last year's profits to the recovery of the area hit by the emergency.

/thread

-------------------------------------------- ok then , a guy that own a private water company of a private gas station should be able to GOUGE with impunity APMechanic .

What is a private water company or private gas station? If it's private then you don't sell to the public. You can charge yourself whatever you want.

If you are a water company selling water to the PUBLIC, then you are a public water company. And if you sell it to the public, you didn't make the water, so it's not really yours to begin with.

What is a private water company or private gas station? If it's private then you don't sell to the public . You can charge yourself whatever you want.

If you are a water company selling water to the PUBLIC, then you are a public water company. And if you sell it to the public, you didn't make the water, so it's not really yours to begin with.
--------------------------------------------------------------- private gas station is a gas station owned by me that sells gas to the public . Private water company would be owned by me that bottles privately owned water and sells it to the public APMechanic .

Every gas station is owned by someone, doesn't make them private. If you open your doors to the public for business, you are a public business. Are you really this stupid or you just trolling?

Price gouging - Wikipedia

It makes no reference to any difference between a company traded on the stock exchange a "public" company and one owned by a private individual.

Price Gouging - Definition, Examples, Cases

For instance, when a hurricane makes all of the water in a given area undrinkable, a shopkeeper who has a large supply of bottled water might make a very good profit. It is this taking advantage of a bad situation, raising prices for much-needed supplies or services to an unfair, or even unethical level, that is considered price gouging.

There you go, the "shopkeeper" would be the owner. And it specifically states if he raises prices, such as during a natural disaster, that is price gouging. And it has been held constitutional. The reason? Because these goods and services, normally considered to be "optional" or something the consumer has a choice about, is suddenly a life-or-death situation. That is not where a business should be profiting out of his mind.

Last edited:
Maybe i just don't agree with the law same as i disagree with Private business being forced 'by law' to bake cakes for people that they don't want to bake cakes for or to rent hotel rooms to people that private hotel owners don't want to rent rooms to APMechanic . Have you always been a snowflake APMechanic .

Snowflake? because i support laws preventing people from taking advantage of people? I thought you liberals loved that? I'm so far from a liberal, but living in South LA, I will support price gouging laws until the day I die. I've never heard of a right wing snowflake.

You can disagree with the law all you want. I disagree that Hillary shouldn't be locked up for the rest of her life for being the lying, deceitful bitch she is, but such is life.

you sound like a Snowflake to me . if i don't like the price of gas or water i just move down the road while i suppose that YOU call the cops eh APMechanic ??

Its capitalism in action. Where is the problem ?
No it is not.

It is price gouging.

You can blame capitalism if all of the Airlines jacked up their rates during a crisis.

It is a violation Tommy.
Its pretty shit I will agree. Seen it over here when there have been shortages. Petrol stations doubling their prices.
I remember these things and I dont shop there any more.
What would you do though ?
Expose them.

Bring criminal charges and prosecute.

The public should take their business elsewhere.
I second this. If this is the airline's idea of trying to score new customers, what would their plan be if the goal was to scare them away?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you don't like the price of gas or water and you CAN move down the road then do so. But when you are the only supply of water because you didn't sell when everyone else did and then you hold out and screw people by charging 100 dollars a bottle for water for people who are dehydrating and possibly going to die of dehydration yea that's wrong. If they had a choice they'd go elsewhere, thats what price gouging is about. Denying the consumer choice and then making them pay far more than market value is price gouging.

And it's only on essential goods. Nothing else. You want to gouge on beer? Go for it, but don't gouge on life-sustaining products like water and food during an emergency.

You obviously don't know what a snowflake is. The fact that you DON'T think this is wrong tells me you're a scummy piece of shit.

Last edited:
didn't say it wasn't wrong , sure its wrong but it shouldn't be ILLEGAL . What is it , you say that i Don't know what a Snowfklake is , sure i do and YOU are a fine example of a Snowflake APMechanic !!

didn't say it wasn't wrong , sure its wrong but it shouldn't be ILLEGAL . What is it , you say that i Don't know what a Snowfklake is , sure i do and YOU are a fine example of a Snowflake APMechanic !!
------------------------------------------------- feckin liberal snowflakes that don't respect PRIVATE Property !!

course being penned in in the ' third world' of South L.A. i suggest that you get some supplies in the house as in a catastrophe of any sort you ain't going anywhere APMechanic .

Me a liberal snowflake? LOL Private Property? Well then keep your fucking private property private, don't gouge people. Just because you own the business does not give you the right to gouge people in an emergency. I'm right and I have the supreme court to back me up. You're wrong and you have _________ to back you up??

I got a ton of respect for private property. You don't have respect for mankind.

Forum List

Back