🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is "Freedom of Religion"?

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014

Is it a law that is needed to practice and enforce the rules and laws of the Country founded on Christianity?

or..

Is it a law made so any religion can find it's place in America?

rhetorical

CLEARLY, today it's been a law transformed into #1. Where we have laws against thing due to Christianity.

We are turning into the people we ran from.

Freedom of religion is a strange one. You're free to practice any religion you wish, as long as what you do is legal, and as long as it follows the basic rule of rights, you can do what you like as long as it doesn't harm others.

It's a law that means gay people are dumb and the pill is evil

I'm Christian and I'm taught not to judge by my book.

I won't cast stones at gays. I don't understand them at all and find them strange. But I won't judge them because I'm Christian.

What happened to the rest of the Christians?

The people that are against the pill are a different level of evolution. Their ancestors probably shunned girls that had a period and didn't use it to make a baby. *joke*

Freedom of religion is a strange one. You're free to practice any religion you wish, as long as what you do is legal, and as long as it follows the basic rule of rights, you can do what you like as long as it doesn't harm others.

Which is what is happening today.

Today, in my town meetings, we are praying to MY GOD. It's not abnormal to anyone. But what if I was some other religion? Making them prey to my god is like someone making me prey to their god.

What happens when the majority voters start making the minority prey to their god?

There is no war on religion! NONE! IT'S FOX NEWS BSM!

It's a war on thinking if any war at all.

No one in a religion should be forced into practices of another religion. Fin.

Which is what is happening today.

Today, in my town meetings, we are praying to MY GOD. It's not abnormal to anyone. But what if I was some other religion? Making them prey to my god is like someone making me prey to their god.

Yeah. Does it harm someone else if they are forced to pray to another God? Well that, I guess, depends on the person.

What about creationism in school? I'd say it harms kids. Religion should be left out of the classroom. It's up to the parents what indoctrination they get, school should be about learning skills for society, and learning religious stuff to promote religion isn't that. Learning about religion and religions is okay as long as it's a subject which is used for a purpose like tolerance, understanding, learning new skills etc.

CLEARLY, today it's been a law transformed into #1. Where we have laws against thing due to Christianity.

Clearly, it is NOT number one. Unless you can point to such laws, you are blowing smoke here.

The SINGLE example that I can come up with is laws concerning gay marriage though that comparison fails utterly because 1. Those laws are also based upon the last two hundred years of precedent meaning there is MORE than simple religion involved and 2. They are falling like flies meaning that the law is CLEARLY moving away from 1 not towards it.

If this is a rant against religious based laws then I can certainly agree that they are asinine BUT you have framed this in an entirely different angle – an angle that I think is clearly and demonstrably false.

It means that every person is free to choose and practice his or her religion, without interference or compulsion by the State, provided that the exercise of certain religious practices does not violate obvious and necessary laws (i.e. human sacrifice).

The Constitution is in place to prevent those who would want to create theological governments or those who would try to prevent the free expression of religion.

I see these freedoms constantly under assault.

The Constitution is in place to prevent those who would want to create theological governments or those who would try to prevent the free expression of religion.

Do you see many freedoms that aren't constantly under assault?

In the United States, it is freedom from unwarranted and excessive entanglement of government and religion, in accordance with Establishment Clause jurisprudence, where the primary focus of acts of government must not be to promote a given religious doctrine or dogma and have a secular legislative purpose. And it is freedom to engage in religious expression when that expression conforms to Free Exercise Clause jurisprudence.

As with all other rights, the rights enshrined in the First Amendment, although inalienable, are not absolute, and are subject to reasonable restrictions by government.

Last, these restrictions apply only to government, where a private person or entity cannot ‘violate’ the religious freedom of another private person or entity. Religious liberty exists only in the context of the relationship between the government and citizens.

Do you see many freedoms that aren't constantly under assault?

That must be a rhetorical question.

Actually, much of our current legal system is based on Judaism, not Christianity. Christianity doesn't really have any laws per se', at least no original ones.

Forum List

Back