Do right wingers actually ‘like’ America?

Im one of the farthest to the right people on here and I absolutely this country. I love our constitution.
I hate our govt, what our citizens vote for, and what we have let the govt get away with.
How about corporations, that function as little tyrannical governments? They get away with a hell of a lot in this country, due to the fact our politicians are in their pockets. Corporate interest rules the roost, this country is a plutocratic oligarchy, controlled by vested interests at the expense of the public good. Does that bother you? If not, then your hatred for civil government is just a symptom of your brainwashing by your wealthy, powerful capitalist masters/employers/exploiters.

How about corporations, that function as little tyrannical governments?
Well, no, they cant. A company cannot be tyrannical. Thats silly as shit.
And second, who made our economy corporatist? The answer is the government.
Please think a little. Thanks.

Well, no, they cant. A company cannot be tyrannical. Thats silly as shit.
And second, who made our economy corporatist? The answer is the government.
Please think a little. Thanks.
Companies are run like totalitarian dictatorships, without elections or democracy. They're indeed at least potentially tyrannical. You can have a benevolent, kind-hearted boss, who despite being a dictator, treats you well. However, there are many corporate bosses, business owners that aren't benevolent and treat their employees like shit.

As far as the cause of crony capitalism or corporatism, that is a combination of the private pursuit of profits or market share (The need to compete and dominate markets), and bad government legislation and regulation allowing, if not compelling politicians to join the "dark side", betraying their oath of office to their constituents by serving corporate, vested interests at their expense and detriment. The citizenry also has a part to play in this corruption when they continually vote for corrupt politicians who serve corporate interests at the expense of the public. To assert that it's all the civil government's fault is silly right-wing bullshit.

Capitalism always leads to cronyism. It's endemic to the capitalist system.

Last edited:
I have been on this site a few years now and have read tens of thousands of posts from right wingers. Maybe more. However, for the life of me I can’t recall a post from a right winger about actually liking America.

So here is my question. Do right wingers actually ‘like’ America?

Do they like its:
  • Diversity?
  • People?
  • Great cities?
  • Unparalleled art?
  • Roaring industry?
  • Unmatched Federal Park system?
  • Freedom of, and from religion?
  • Free speech, which includes the right to criticize other’s speech?
  • Rule of Law?
  • Accountability of leaders?
Do they feel patriotic paying their taxes to strengthen the country? Or do they hate it all? It’s diversity, people, cities, freedom, speech, laws, and duties like paying taxes? Based on posts here, I really can’t tell if they like this place. It is a constant caricature of failed civics and decaying blight that I dont see in this country where I travel extensively.

I do know they like their flag merch. But do they like the country? Jury is out.

Not too long ago Damon Linker profiled conservative intellectuals whose writings, he argued, helps explain where the MAGA right is coming from. If you read the works he cited you’d see the dire portrait they paint of the state of our nation. I don’t think they like it here.

What a loon.

So, you're complacent to bitch out America 24/7. :rolleyes: Super
Thsts pretty much all that’s available. You folks have made it impossible to implement any type of real fix for the ills of this country and everywhere else I’d even worse.

My two options are complain or blow my head off ; and that second option looks better by the day.

Thsts pretty much all that’s available. You folks have made it impossible to implement any type of real fix for the ills of this country and everywhere else I’d even worse.

My two options are complain or blow my head off ; and that second option looks better by the day.
Best of luck.

That's not a response that debunks my position. Working-class people spend most of their waking hours working in a workplace, that is run like a totalitarian regime, without elections or any say whatsoever on how the productive enterprise is run. They are often reduced to the mere tools of production, commodified, and hence dehumanized.

That's why most people hate their jobs because there's no underlying, overarching purpose or mission in one's work other than to earn a wage, eat, and have a roof over one's head. Working under capitalism, is drudgery, without a sense of meaning and mission. My parents were Christian missionaries for over twenty years, and they would work all day, into the night, for peanuts and they loved it. Preaching, teaching, giving away meals, planting churches, training pastors ..etc. Peanuts, but they loved it. Their work had meaning, a mission, that is bigger than life itself.

Our men and women in uniform, serving in the military, make peanuts, but yet many of them love what they do. They're serving their country, while making much less money than they would if they were working in the private sector.

Is working for the government that bad? I had more freedoms and rights as a soldier in the US Army, back in the early-mid 90s when I served, than I did working in the private sector a few years later, before I became a unionized worker, as I am now. Now thanks to my labor union membership, I have more rights and power, and better pay, but before I was unionized, my work experience in the private sector was crap. Working as a soldier, with the government as my employer was much better than working for a private company while being un-unionized.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back