What Is the Cruz Position on Social Security ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I am familiar with the position of Trump on Social Security. He is for preserving it entirely. In his own words >> "we cannot cut either Social Security or Medicare benefits. That's off the table. Those programs can be saved by growing the economy." Donald Trump, Crippled America, pg. 74).

I am not familiar, however, with the positions of Ted Cruz or John Kasich on Social Security. I've checked their websites, and I see nothing to indicate any position on preserving it or cutting it. I wonder what Cruz thinks about Social Security. If his position as strong as Trump's. If not, he would be endangering the financial security of millions of senior citizens, and putting the chances of a Republican victory in November in extreme jeopardy. Both Democrat candidates are in favor of preserving Social Security, and yes it is indeed the 3rd rail of politics. No other issue can take a candidate right out of an election more efficiently.

While young people are busy getting stoned and out getting as much sex as they can, seniors vote in droves. I vote by mail now, but in 2012, I voted in a public place set up for voting. There were about 50 people in that room voting. I think I might have been the youngest person in that room. I am 70.

So if anybody knows what the Cruz position is on Social Security and Medicare, I'd like to hear it.

Besides Social Security, I also receive a VA pension. I don't worry about Trump cutting that, because he is quite strong on veterans. As with Social Security, I don't know about Cruz on the VA benefits either.

Last edited:
"
WTr0PcXeMlFTvYMmYT2Ogq3-9ReQu9Eaor9UZddvncl0Zoh3qoy5iRm9D-85lhiN_ZyIuG9Fr4Gac_R-d09ETkTsUA=w64-c-h64
upload_2016-4-19_0-35-43.png

Ted Cruz
on Google
We need to preserve and strengthen Social Security. For seniors, Social Security and Medicare should stay the same. For younger workers, we should gradually increase the retirement age, change the rate of growth in benefits of so that it matches inflation, and allow them to keep a portion of their tax payments in a personal account that they own.
Jan 8, 2016"
Google

Looks like you will have to work longer for less money.

[QUOTEinc"DarkFury, post: 14054716, member: 53565"]"
WTr0PcXeMlFTvYMmYT2Ogq3-9ReQu9Eaor9UZddvncl0Zoh3qoy5iRm9D-85lhiN_ZyIuG9Fr4Gac_R-d09ETkTsUA=w64-c-h64
View attachment 71936
Ted Cruz
on Google
We need to preserve and strengthen Social Security. For seniors, Social Security and Medicare should stay the same. For younger workers, we should gradually increase the retirement age, change the rate of growth in benefits of so that it matches inflation, and allow them to keep a portion of their tax payments in a personal account that they own.
Jan 8, 2016"
Google

[/QUOTE]
Is he increasing the rate of growth in benefits or decreasing it?

[QUOTEinc"DarkFury, post: 14054716, member: 53565"]"
View attachment 71936
Ted Cruz
on Google
Jan 8, 2016"
Google

Is he increasing the rate of growth in benefits or decreasing it?[/QUOTE]
Well if its tied to inflation right now that would mean no growth.

Is he increasing the rate of growth in benefits or decreasing it?
The part that I'm concerned with is this >> ".For seniors, Social Security and Medicare should stay the same." That is relieving. I wouldn't feel too relieved, if I was a younger person though. I'd say the answer to your question is net decreasing.

I am familiar with the position of Trump on Social Security. He is for preserving it entirely. In his own words >> "we cannot cut either Social Security or Medicare benefits. That's off the table. Those programs can be saved by growing the economy." Donald Trump, Crippled America, pg. 74).

I am not familiar, however, with the positions of Ted Cruz or John Kasich on Social Security. I've checked their websites, and I see nothing to indicate any position on preserving it or cutting it. I wonder what Cruz thinks about Social Security. If his position as strong as Trump's. If not, he would be endangering the financial security of millions of senior citizens, and putting the chances of a Republican victory in November in extreme jeopardy. Both Democrat candidates are in favor of preserving Social Security, and yes it is indeed the 3rd rail of politics. No other issue can take a candidate right out of an election more efficiently.

While young people are busy getting stoned and out getting as much sex as they can, seniors vote in droves. I vote by mail now, but in 2012, I voted in a public place set up for voting. There were about 50 people in that room voting. I think I might have been the youngest person in that room. I am 70.

So if anybody knows what the Cruz position is on Social Security and Medicare, I'd like to hear it.

Besides Social Security, I also receive a VA pension. I don't worry about Trump cutting that, because he is quite strong on veterans. As with Social Security, I don't know about Cruz on the VA benefits either.

Trump's advisors have since stated that he will look at entitlements in a bipartisan way. Not sure what that means but Trump is not a reliable source. To save SS by growing the economy would take 40 million new jobs. More jobs than we have created this century so far. We would need to create 3 million jobs a month, which seems unlikely because we haven't created that many in a year since 1999.

Both Kasich and Cruz both promise to keep the system for existing seniors, but have not indicated what taxes they are willing to raise to keep that commitment. Thus far it is empty words. Both have exited the campaign, but our site provides this type of information if you need it going forward. Feel free to tell us where we are wrong. That is how we improve the information.

Forum List

Back