What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

This is the Common law for the Common defense, right wingers.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Enforce the law, right wingers.

So what are the answer(s)?
I know this is not the kind of response you're looking for, but I think the question is moot. Sadly.

This is a terribly complicated issue, as are many we face. And we simply no longer have either the willingness nor the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate our way out of this.

What I'm not sure of is whether this condition is temporary or permanent.

Do you think the general hostility in the political arena is part of the problem? I don't mean hostile politicians, but the way the population has become both polarized and mean concerning politics.

Both parties literally want to rip each other to shreds. That's a problem.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

I note or I missed it that no one talks about the death penalty being reinstated.

It has been mentioned. The problem is that so few of these lunatics survive the shooting. Almost all die from police fire or by suicide.
200 murders in just Baltimore this year and it’s only August 5.

I bet at least 10 of those would have been prevented. More likely 40-50.

And that’s just one city.

and thats where intent comes in,,,you intend to violate another persons rights,,,

so so close,,,

And encouraging others to do so is a separate charge.

to do what??

To riot. They will be arrested for rioting, and you will be arrested for inciting (encouraging) them to riot.

The law, as I quoted it, states that you can be prosecuted for encouraging others to riot, if there is a clear and present danger of a riot. It does not say "if a riot occurs". So you can be prosecuted for encouraging or urging people to riot. That is separate from the actual riot, and not even dependent on a riot occurring.

you keep repeating the same thing and I keep agreeing with you,,,

its just you lack critical thinking skills as to why its illegal,,,

My critical thinking skills are fine. As is my grasp of the english language.

It is illegal because one person isn't much of a riot. But having worked up dozens or more into a frenzy causes a problem.

The actual wording of the law is about encouraging people to riot if there is a clear and present danger of a riot. The law does not have to state that the riot actually occurs.

For example, if you were whipping a crowd of 30 people into a frenzy to riot, and encouraging them to do so, when 100 cops show up and stop the riot from happening, you can still be arrested for inciting a riot. The word "inciting" is the difference.

lets try this,,

can the government make a law that restricts a person from inciting people to ride horses??

if not why??

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

What we have been saying for years. Background checks; keep guns away from violent criminals, crazies and domestic abusers. Limit what clips can hold and get rid of bump stocks for a start

We could deport all of the violent left wing bigot criminals to North Korea where all of their dreams have already come true, then our crime rates would plummet.
guncontrolwfbwfwkfb.jpg

We could deport all of the violent left wing bigot criminals to North Korea where all of their dreams have already come true, then our crime rates would plummet.
View attachment 273093
upload_2019-8-6_13-12-38.jpeg

And you can’t say those blue areas are cities, many of them are not.

What we have been saying for years. Background checks; keep guns away from violent criminals, crazies and domestic abusers. Limit what clips can hold and get rid of bump stocks for a start
sorry you ignorant fool,, background checks dont stop criminals from anything,,,

There are already 20k unconstitutional gun laws on the book. Apparently, they don't work too well. Adding more is ignorant and emotional.
We need more mental health help at the local level. Community and state.

There are already 20k unconstitutional gun laws on the book. Apparently, they don't work too well. Adding more is ignorant and emotional.
People with good mental health don`t say crazy things like "20k unconstitutional gun laws".

I agree. But getting someone any sort of mental healthcare paid for by the gov't is like pulling teeth.

I agree. But getting someone any sort of mental healthcare paid for by the gov't is like pulling teeth.

thats because they have to steal the money first,,,

People with good mental health don`t say crazy things like "20k unconstitutional gun laws".
People with good mental health don't argue with idiots
Good day

Its priorities man. Foreign aid, govt waste and arming and training bad people is more important.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I think it's safe to say that my thoughts are too controversial for most here.

I will say this though. These "mass shootings" will not end until the powers-that-be achieve their long-term goal of dismantling the right to keep and bear arms. Don't be manipulated.

Forum List

Back