What is the U.S. TERRITORIAL GOAL in Ukraine?

What is the U.S. territorial goal in the current Ukraine conflict?

• Restore pre-2022 borders

• Restore pre-2014 borders

• Restore pre-1939 borders

• Restore pre-1917 boders

• None of the above/Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Now that many posters have had their catharsis by vilifying Putin, Biden, Zelinski and/or Trump, I will TRY to refocus on the question of what is (or should be) the territorial goal of U.S. policy towards Ukraine. I don't think the current U.S. administration has any territorial goal in mind that would constitute an acceptable basis for ending the war in Ukraine. Instead, they want to continue the war and paint Putin as an insane monster as long as it is politically beneficial (at least through the 2024 elections). But please prove me wrong by responding to this poll question and explaining your answer..

Will there even be a substantial US in a couple of year's time , say?

I have real doubts given the recession later this year , followed by the dollar no longer the reserve currency .
This looks like the flailing end of a mini Empire gone full rotten with the vultures lining up to strip it down to its bones .

Pre-2022 borders, or bleed Russia's armed forces out to a peaceable stalemate. Either way, it's a win for us. We've been proxy-warring for years.
It is interesting that no one seems to care about Russia's invasion of Ukraine/Crimea in 2014. Is that because it happened under Obama's watch? Even as to pre-2022 borders, that seems to be little more than a pretext for getting rid of Putin.

Is this a legitimate armed intervention to protect U.S. security interests, or is it a maneuver to serve domestic political interests?

Will there even be a substantial US in a couple of year's time , say?

I have real doubts given the recession later this year , followed by the dollar no longer the reserve currency .
This looks like the flailing end of a mini Empire gone full rotten with the vultures lining up to strip it down to its bones .

Well maybe.
Or maybe not.

The good news is that at this point we've spent only half of what we've committed to Ukraine.
Are bets being hedged??

As for our territorial goal dealing with Ukraine and Russia, I don't think it has anything to do with borders.
I believe it has everything to do with us having a proxy war pitting Ukraine against Russia. The US wants
Putin gone...period.

Yep, another useful rw idiot.

Ukraine asked us for help defending their young democracy against an invasion and that's what we are doing.

If China or India invaded them we would be doing the same.

Now that many posters have had their catharsis by vilifying Putin, Biden, Zelinski and/or Trump, I will TRY to refocus on the question of what is (or should be) the territorial goal of U.S. policy towards Ukraine. I don't think the current U.S. administration has any territorial goal in mind that would constitute an acceptable basis for ending the war in Ukraine. Instead, they want to continue the war and paint Putin as an insane monster as long as it is politically beneficial (at least through the 2024 elections). But please prove me wrong by responding to this poll question and explaining your answer..
To make money…

I do not think it is territorial. It is about a changing global world order.
Change how?

Before the global order was for Russia to constantly land grab it's neighboring countries and now America wants it change it?

Forum List

Back