What is this "Do not mention Nazis" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not making the word go away. It's not being expunged from Websters or the history books or -- fer goddsakes -- The History Channel.
I don't see the sense in banning "Nazi" when the fierce flaming that goes on here, even in Zones 2 and 3, makes Nazi look like a first grader's epithet. It sure isn't going to improve the "tone" of the board, by itself. But you would need to do a bit more explaining to move me toward your side on this one.

Here is the thing is most like you want to use a word like Nazi to describe those that disagree with you.

Many like you attempt to equate Trump handling of Illegal Immigrant children being seperated from their parents as being what Nazis did during World War II, but it is not.

You and those like you invoke the word so you can get a negative reaction that you are searching for and then complain that person is out of line when attacking.

Trump is more along the lines of Joe McCarthy than anything like Nazi, and no Hitler was not as smart as you claimed in another thread.

If you knew a sliver about American History then you would realize Trump is more like the old Isolationist of this country and yes they existed even though you believe they did not and some were Republicans.

So I can see why the Moderation team has deemed the usage of Nazi unfit because it is being used to troll those on the right for a negative reaponse which you seem to support for some reason.

Many Americans want stricter border access to prevent Illegal Immigrants from entering but does that give you the right to use the Nazi term?

You wrote in another thread that because Trump is bashing the media it is the same the Nazis would do, but it is the same Communists would also do, so is Trump a Communist?

Of course you would say no, but why couldn't he be just Stalin and be a Stalinist instead or Trotsky or some form of Marxist?

In the end the word Nazi is being used incorrectly when describing Trump and his people and if you wrote McCarthyist then by all means I would agree but you would not get the reaction you want when using Nazi which is very onsulting to a Jewish person like myself...
OMG Bruce. I have no idea what to say about your comprehension skills today.
Why I am suddenly your poster child for the liberal enemy, I don't know. But go for it. It makes you look pretty stupid, though.

I did not write anything isulting to you, so please reframe from doing the same to me upstairs.

It is your side calling posters Nazis on this board and it was you using Trump bashing of the media for your reason to support such usage of the word, so let remember that.

The fact is Communist leaders used the same tactic so I could as easily call Trump a typical Communist but you see that as being silly just like I see those like you using the term Nazi as foolish.
Yes, you did write a whole lot that was insulting to me personally. I am not personally insulted, though, when a poster puts up their opinion, which I did in my recent OP. Is that the one you mean? Because I don't recall responding to you or "to support such usage of the word."

So you have no clue about what you wrote in another thread?

The fact you believe Trump bashing of the media is the same as what the Nazis did and we should stop it before it goes too far?

You yourself have equate Trump and his bashing of the media to Nazism, so yes you are part of the problem and I can PM you Toro thread in the Zone and you can explain your remarks further.

If you felt insulted then maybe you should stop and think why my opinion has been lowered when it come to you.

Invoking Nazism to compare to Trump or his supporters is just proving your argument is weak and has no substance.

Again if you said Trump is a wannabe Joe McCarthy, well love I would agree but again that is not the reaction you want.

You want to compare seperating illegal immigrant children to Jews, Gypsies and others being sent to death camps where they were gassed and cooked in ovens.

You even went as far as saying Trump is dumber than Hitler in another thread, so please understand you have shown your opinion of Trump is worst than Hitler and for me that is very sad but not surprising.

From 2001 - 2009 those like you compared George W. Bush to Hitler and compared our Troops in Afghanistan and Iraq to the Nazis and now your side is attempting to do it again but alas this time it will not sell so easily seeing Trump is not caring what you think and is usuing your words to his benefit in red and purple states.

See Trump knows he can never win in States like California but he also knows Progressives ( not Liberals ) will shoot themselves in purple states like Michigan because of the usage of Nazism to describe him and his voters.

So as you attempt to tell me how I am wrong, well know Trump is more like Joe McCarthy and nothing like that guy from Austria that once ruled Germany...
This is what I said that seems to have gotten you so upset in Toro's thread:
Scapegoating is exactly what the Nazi's did and many of us see that happening today with Muslims, with Hispanics, and with most anyone who is poor and not white. They are the "other," animals from shithole countries infesting our country, dangerous to our safety, gobbling our money...why are we letting them come here?

Shutting down the opposition with massive propaganda campaigns .... attacking the media, claiming they are all liars ....that is what Hitler did. Does it sound familiar?

So that's why some people see a similarity and don't want to see it go any farther.

I think I made it clear that scapegoating and attacking the media as liars are what Hitler initially did when he assumed power, and many see a shadow of that in what Trump doing. I did not take it any farther than that and noted that it is certainly as far as it has gone, even among those who see the similarity.

It's great you have read my posts, scanning for things to disagree with, Bruce. Too bad you missed this, which I posted a couple hours ago:
From the time I started posting here, I've objected to casually calling the other side Nazi's or Hitler, because it disrespects the six million people who died under those f***ers.

I can't control what the media does, except by chosing who I tune into. I have never heard those names being bandied about by ANY one on ANY of the media I watch/listen to. Or even in the papers I read. I wouldn't be giving them my trade if they did.

All I can do is control what comes out of my mouth (or my fingers here).
the-blowback-from-the-media-nazi-references-and-incitement-to-mob-actions

I'm sorry to have lost your respect, but it does not change my mind. I simply explained the reason for some people's perception of what is going on.

Last edited:
You want to know why removing the word from debate won't change anything? Because there will not be better thought out responses than there are now. Because the frustration of the left will not decrease one bit. Because labeling people is what the left does. If not this label, then another will be used.
All very true, but the right is just as guilty. You just don't notice.

Oh, yes they are and I have noticed more times than not...

How many times I have seen someone on the right call Obama a Maoist or those like you a Communist?

So both sides are wrong, ans maybe we should call Trump what he really is and that is Donald John Trump and not attempt to equate him to someone else that was not part of American History...
Quit with the "people like you" shit or I'm gonna get mad.

Sunsettommy Do you ever actually answer a question, or always reply with another question?

Surely you are jesting since I made a lot of comments in the forum that have no questions in them at all.

Being given a loaded question is often not worth replying, for a good reason. Being given a number of slights with silly name calling and disrespectful remarks tells me you are not here to advance a real mature debate.

:bye1:

I'm here to express my concern over censoring the use of words, you?

You do realize I am the OP here, right?

Do you realize that there will ALWAYS be some censorship in every forum. You never did make a case in your first post that the word NAZI was banned (oops I can still post it!), which is hilarious.

How many times did I read the word NAZI that have been posted successfully since post 137?

Snicker...……..

Yes, that word was removed from a post. It has been removed from others as well. When it is all someone has to say instead of actually discussing the topic at hand (Zones 2 & 3), then the person saying it is obviously in the thread to do nothing but troll and disrupt. If all someone has is insults to say to another member on here upstairs, then they better start thinking twice and take the crap downstairs.

Here is the thing is most like you want to use a word like Nazi to describe those that disagree with you.

Many like you attempt to equate Trump handling of Illegal Immigrant children being seperated from their parents as being what Nazis did during World War II, but it is not.

You and those like you invoke the word so you can get a negative reaction that you are searching for and then complain that person is out of line when attacking.

Trump is more along the lines of Joe McCarthy than anything like Nazi, and no Hitler was not as smart as you claimed in another thread.

If you knew a sliver about American History then you would realize Trump is more like the old Isolationist of this country and yes they existed even though you believe they did not and some were Republicans.

So I can see why the Moderation team has deemed the usage of Nazi unfit because it is being used to troll those on the right for a negative reaponse which you seem to support for some reason.

Many Americans want stricter border access to prevent Illegal Immigrants from entering but does that give you the right to use the Nazi term?

You wrote in another thread that because Trump is bashing the media it is the same the Nazis would do, but it is the same Communists would also do, so is Trump a Communist?

Of course you would say no, but why couldn't he be just Stalin and be a Stalinist instead or Trotsky or some form of Marxist?

In the end the word Nazi is being used incorrectly when describing Trump and his people and if you wrote McCarthyist then by all means I would agree but you would not get the reaction you want when using Nazi which is very onsulting to a Jewish person like myself...
Why I am suddenly your poster child for the liberal enemy, I don't know. But go for it. It makes you look pretty stupid, though.

I did not write anything isulting to you, so please reframe from doing the same to me upstairs.

It is your side calling posters Nazis on this board and it was you using Trump bashing of the media for your reason to support such usage of the word, so let remember that.

The fact is Communist leaders used the same tactic so I could as easily call Trump a typical Communist but you see that as being silly just like I see those like you using the term Nazi as foolish.
Yes, you did write a whole lot that was insulting to me personally. I am not personally insulted, though, when a poster puts up their opinion, which I did in my recent OP. Is that the one you mean? Because I don't recall responding to you or "to support such usage of the word."

The fact you believe Trump bashing of the media is the same as what the Nazis did and we should stop it before it goes too far?

You yourself have equate Trump and his bashing of the media to Nazism, so yes you are part of the problem and I can PM you Toro thread in the Zone and you can explain your remarks further.

If you felt insulted then maybe you should stop and think why my opinion has been lowered when it come to you.

Invoking Nazism to compare to Trump or his supporters is just proving your argument is weak and has no substance.

Again if you said Trump is a wannabe Joe McCarthy, well love I would agree but again that is not the reaction you want.

You want to compare seperating illegal immigrant children to Jews, Gypsies and others being sent to death camps where they were gassed and cooked in ovens.

You even went as far as saying Trump is dumber than Hitler in another thread, so please understand you have shown your opinion of Trump is worst than Hitler and for me that is very sad but not surprising.

From 2001 - 2009 those like you compared George W. Bush to Hitler and compared our Troops in Afghanistan and Iraq to the Nazis and now your side is attempting to do it again but alas this time it will not sell so easily seeing Trump is not caring what you think and is usuing your words to his benefit in red and purple states.

See Trump knows he can never win in States like California but he also knows Progressives ( not Liberals ) will shoot themselves in purple states like Michigan because of the usage of Nazism to describe him and his voters.

So as you attempt to tell me how I am wrong, well know Trump is more like Joe McCarthy and nothing like that guy from Austria that once ruled Germany...
Scapegoating is exactly what the Nazi's did and many of us see that happening today with Muslims, with Hispanics, and with most anyone who is poor and not white. They are the "other," animals from shithole countries infesting our country, dangerous to our safety, gobbling our money...why are we letting them come here?

Shutting down the opposition with massive propaganda campaigns .... attacking the media, claiming they are all liars ....that is what Hitler did. Does it sound familiar?

So that's why some people see a similarity and don't want to see it go any farther.

I think I made it clear that scapegoating and attacking the media as liars are what Hitler initially did when he assumed power, and many see a shadow of that in what Trump doing. I did not take it any farther than that and noted that it is certainly as far as it has gone, even among those who see the similarity.

It's great you have read my posts, scanning for things to disagree with, Bruce. Too bad you missed this, which I posted a couple hours ago:
From the time I started posting here, I've objected to casually calling the other side Nazi's or Hitler, because it disrespects the six million people who died under those fuckers.

I can't control what the media does, except by chosing who I tune into. I have never heard those names being bandied about by ANY one on ANY of the media I watch/listen to. Or even in the papers I read. I wouldn't be giving them my trade if they did.

I'm sorry to have lost your respect, but it does not change my mind. I simply explained the reason for some people's perception of what is going on.
You want to know why removing the word from debate won't change anything? Because there will not be better thought out responses than there are now. Because the frustration of the left will not decrease one bit. Because labeling people is what the left does. If not this label, then another will be used.

How many times I have seen someone on the right call Obama a Maoist or those like you a Communist?

So both sides are wrong, ans maybe we should call Trump what he really is and that is Donald John Trump and not attempt to equate him to someone else that was not part of American History...

Question:

Do you believe Hitler is the only Political Figure to ever say the media was his enemy and lying?

If so do you know anything about Tito, Stalin, Castro, oh what about North Korea?

Maybe Trump is a Commie?

From the time I started posting here, I've objected to casually calling the other side Nazi's or Hitler, because it disrespects the six million people who died under those fuckers.

Question:

Do you believe Hitler is the only Political Figure to ever say the media was his enemy and lying?

If so do you know anything about Tito, Stalin, Castro, oh what about North Korea?

Maybe Trump is a Commie?

What a great defense!

Don’t compare Trump to Hitler! He can be compared to ANY dictator!

:auiqs.jpg:

Question:

Maybe Trump is a Commie?

What a great defense!

Seeing you are a teacher then explain how Trump is like Hitler?

I can show how Donald John Trump is more like Joe McCarthy and how Trump Mexican Scare is like Joe Red Scare, but feel free to show me how Donald is like Hitler?

Is it the attack on the media?

If so then can you show me where Trump has stopped CNN, MSNBC or any Progressive media outlet from reporting or giving their political spin?

If it is his handling of illegal immigrants, then can you show me the showers, ovens and death camps?

If it is the Nationalism, well I saw that with Obama and yet never saw Obama and his voters as fascists individuals.

So what has Trump done to make so many believe he is the next Hitler?

Well if Hitler invades Gardening and Landscaping or Art and Crafts...
Then the boards are officially off the rails.

So far they have remained neutral.

The DEFINITION of the word doesn't change at all, which is why it is relevant for the last 98 years and counting..

Actually the definition has evolved. A Soup Nazi is not a member of the Nazi party who serves soup. It was a way of comparing him to a dictator in his own shop.

A Grammar Nazi doesn’t only apply to German fascist grammarians. It just means someone who is strict about language rules.

Soup Nazi is NOT a defined word or phrase!

I posted the CURRENT DEFINITION of the word NAZI and you ignore it with your silly "evolution" claim.

And yet I would bet that 9 out of 10 people know exactly what I mean when I say “soup Nazi.”

Did you know what I meant?

If so, then you know the definition.
Never heard of it.

Never heard of it, not found in a dictionary.

You been under a rock for the past 20 years?

Actually the definition has evolved. A Soup Nazi is not a member of the Nazi party who serves soup. It was a way of comparing him to a dictator in his own shop.

A Grammar Nazi doesn’t only apply to German fascist grammarians. It just means someone who is strict about language rules.

I posted the CURRENT DEFINITION of the word NAZI and you ignore it with your silly "evolution" claim.

And yet I would bet that 9 out of 10 people know exactly what I mean when I say “soup Nazi.”

Never heard of it.

Jerry Seinfeld would be very upset that his Soup Nazi has been forgotten and poor Sunni Man Avatar!

Never heard of it.

I don't watch TV.

Maybe you can drop your snobbery over a made up phrase from a TV show now.

Seriously, you can't post the word "Nazi" here anymore?

They were a thing from 1938-1944.

My friend's dad brought back souvenirs from them, like a Luger, 2 mausers and an ear (from where the Luger came from) Some other things, too. But that's not what this is about.

What is this historical censorship?

You know, Hitler Youth, Nazi regime. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.
I don't understand this connection between Trump and, well, you know.

Question:

Maybe Trump is a Commie?

What a great defense!

I can show how Donald John Trump is more like Joe McCarthy and how Trump Mexican Scare is like Joe Red Scare, but feel free to show me how Donald is like Hitler?

If so then can you show me where Trump has stopped CNN, MSNBC or any Progressive media outlet from reporting or giving their political spin?

If it is his handling of illegal immigrants, then can you show me the showers, ovens and death camps?

If it is the Nationalism, well I saw that with Obama and yet never saw Obama and his voters as fascists individuals.

I am disturbed by his emphasis on stories of illegal immigrants who commit heinous crimes. Hitler had a similar practice of broadcasting all the crimes of the Jews.

Are there ovens and concentration camps and Zyklon-B in the USA? No.

It’s the scapegoating, dummy.

But as you so accurately pointed out, Trump’s behavior can be compared to almost any dictator out there. What a relief.

Better to make a SANDBOX forum (hidden from the public) to move threads getting out of hand there, to STOP the degeneration or shut it down.

ALL Zone4 Taunting forums are hidden by the public or web crawlers. You need to be a member to even know they exist. Log out and look for them. You won't see a trace.

As for allowing discussions with adult language and a lot of emotion -- there's nothing wrong with that. Certain kinds of folks express themselves better that way. Nothing should get moved to Z4 unless there's an actual topical discussion and a fair fight. There's was no language police at Camp LaJeune or Fort Campbell until recently. And a lot of knowledge and messaging was successfully exchanged ---- Badlands style. By the folks in charge BTW.. LOL.

One thing is for sure. Censorship is a good start on destroying liberty.
There's nothing wrong with taking responsibility for what comes out of your mouth. I never hear you using that kind of language. What is wrong with flushing it off the debating forums here?

Could it be the censorship and denying history thing? Yeah! I think it could.
No one is rewriting history on USMB. There are words that are really offensive to some people and in order not to offend them, I don't see the harm in limiting the use of those words in particular situations. With rights come responsibilities.

Now, I think it's really interesting that a conservative like FCT is the one advocating for this "No-nazi" rule. It doesn't bother me, though, since I don't use them anyway as "name calling."

Of course you don't, you're a rational American liberal. Idk what else to say right now.
So, Marion, how is not using "Nazi" as a perjorative against a lib in Politics or Current Events any different than not belching real loud in the middle of the pastor's sermon? Or saying fuck in a kindergarten classroom?

Aren't many sermons on USMB. Some folks try. I've given a couple. And it's not a kindergarten. The only danger is -- folks will immerse themselves here in the FZ or other nasty nooks like the current Politics forum and become unable to reintegrate into a church or kindergarten class It's a risk you take. :badgrin: Good training for volunteering at a prison or halfway house. :rolleyes:

Question:

Maybe Trump is a Commie?

What a great defense!

I am disturbed by his emphasis on stories of illegal immigrants who commit heinous crimes. Hitler had a similar practice of broadcasting all the crimes of the Jews.

Are there ovens and concentration camps and Zyklon-B in the USA? No.

It’s the scapegoating, dummy.

But as you so accurately pointed out, Trump’s behavior can be compared to almost any dictator out there. What a relief.

It's not "scapegoating" when there's a trio of them home invading and raping in your neighborhood, ok? The sheriffs got them by landing a copter in my friend's backyard. They did quite a lot of damage before they were caught, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back