What is wrong with Congress?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
They don't seem to bother to go to briefings and then they moan and groan that they don't know anything.

What a bunch of chumps.

It's mainly the Republicans that have been exposed as not going to briefings and complaining that they don't know anything.

It's mainly the Republicans that have been exposed as not going to briefings and complaining that they don't know anything.

The same thing that has been wrong with congress for 50+ years, congressman scrapping for government handouts and political favors. Ravi, its time for you to have your bong hit and suck on your bottle, the blame game fails to pass muster.

They don't seem to bother to go to briefings and then they moan and groan that they don't know anything.

What a bunch of chumps.

I have a neighbor who forwards everything he gets in an email. Everything. Left. Right. Everything. He sent me a forward of a representative giving a talk in Congress. I didn't hear a word he said because the seat behind him, that of the representative from our district was EMPTY~! I tried to find it, but I must have already deleted it. That is the royal piss off. We pay these shits to represent us, ( I use the term loosely), and they don't even go to work!

They are all guilty, and at the state level as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

What a bunch of chumps.

"President Barack Obama has missed more than half of his daily intelligence briefings since he came into power, a new report shows.

Obama has been to less than 44 percent of the vital meetings, the White House admits, with his attendance reaching a low spot towards the end of 2011 and the start of this year.

His predecessor, George W, Bush made a point of having the meetings six days a week, and attending as many as possible, the American Enterprise Institute fellow, Marc Thiessen reports in the Washington Post.

Obama’s attendance figures were prepared by the conservative Government Accountability Institute, and were not disputed by the White House. At one point he was attending fewer than two meetings out of five."
White House Admits Obama Skips Most Intelligence Briefings

And the folks who voted for him?

"What a bunch of chumps."

What a bunch of chumps.

I have a neighbor who forwards everything he gets in an email. Everything. Left. Right. Everything. He sent me a forward of a representative giving a talk in Congress. I didn't hear a word he said because the seat behind him, that of the representative from our district was EMPTY~! I tried to find it, but I must have already deleted it. That is the royal piss off. We pay these shits to represent us, ( I use the term loosely), and they don't even go to work!

I agree. I'm not getting paid as much as these congressmen, but can you imagine how long I'd have my job if I only showed up half the time? You always hear the term "do-nothing Congress." Let's say you were an accountant. How long would you be in work if you were known as a "do-nothing accountant?"

What a bunch of chumps.

"President Barack Obama has missed more than half of his daily intelligence briefings since he came into power, a new report shows.

Obama has been to less than 44 percent of the vital meetings, the White House admits, with his attendance reaching a low spot towards the end of 2011 and the start of this year.

His predecessor, George W, Bush made a point of having the meetings six days a week, and attending as many as possible, the American Enterprise Institute fellow, Marc Thiessen reports in the Washington Post.

Obama’s attendance figures were prepared by the conservative Government Accountability Institute, and were not disputed by the White House. At one point he was attending fewer than two meetings out of five."
White House Admits Obama Skips Most Intelligence Briefings

And the folks who voted for him?

"What a bunch of chumps."

Isnt Obama the one who claims he didnt know anything about anything until he read it in the newspaper?
Obama: Least Informed President Ever.

Congress has too many democrats and too many republicans willing to compromise with democrats.

What a bunch of chumps.

I agree. I'm not getting paid as much as these congressmen, but can you imagine how long I'd have my job if I only showed up half the time? You always hear the term "do-nothing Congress." Let's say you were an accountant. How long would you be in work if you were known as a "do-nothing accountant?"

You'd still be employed if you were a "do-nothing accountant" in the government. Hell they way they play with our money, who needs a freaking accountant? They get to stay on anyhow.

What a bunch of chumps.

First, don't fucking pretend that you intended for this thread to be about anything other than Republicans. That would be disingenuous.

Second, you're wrong. Congress as a whole is broken and mostly ineffective, unless you want to name a post office.

Anyone who thinks that one party is any better than the other is fooling themselves.

What a bunch of chumps.

First, don't fucking pretend that you intended for this thread to be about anything other than Republicans. That would be disingenuous.

Second, you're wrong. Congress as a whole is broken and mostly ineffective, unless you want to name a post office.

Anyone who thinks that one party is any better than the other is fooling themselves.
eh, it started out that way but the second post pretty much derailed it.

Forum List

Back